[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Snoke Plagueis?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9
File: andy-serkis-snoke-not-plagueis.jpg (30 KB, 673x353) Image search: [Google]
andy-serkis-snoke-not-plagueis.jpg
30 KB, 673x353
Is Snoke Plagueis?
>>
>>70350561
I think JJ said no. So he definitely is
>>
It's the only theory I like desu
otherwise I don't think there's a single link to the prequels
>>
He's Darth Bane.
>>
>>70350561
>Is Snoke Plagueis?
Who the fuck should he else be? Sidious? Noone is so retarded.
>>
>>70350561
Fuck off Disneyshill! No one fucking likes Star Wars!
>>
Who cares? This series just wants my money. It has no desire to surprise or captivate me anymore.
>>
File: 7989.png (192 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
7989.png
192 KB, 500x375
I don't think Lawrence Kasdan would know what a Plagueis is if you held a gun to his head.

Job #1 of these movies since the start was to distance themselves as much as possible from the embarrassing laughing stock prequels. TFA successfully managed to essentially avoid them altogether. If you think they're gonna pull some obscure piece of lore from a single prequel line that only mega-autists and EU spergs remember and hinge an entire major plot line on it you are having a major giggle.
>>
Why would they make him Plagueis when Plagueis was mentioned literally in one line in canon?
He's a nobody.

What Snoke really is is Palpatine. Not literally, but he's just an Emperor figure that they needed to ensure that the formula was as close to the OT as possible.

They didn't think of a backstory other than "There's a shifty guy behind the scenes of the new Empire".

They'll never explain his origins because it doesn't matter to the story.
>>
>>70350661
He could be Asajj Ventress after a sex change, for all we know.
>>
>>70350705
>If you think they're gonna pull some obscure piece of lore from a single prequel line that only mega-autists and EU spergs remember and hinge an entire major plot line on it you are having a major giggle.
This guy is right.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>70350657

Was getting cut part of his plan?
>>
>>70350561
is that voldemort? i thought harry potter is finished?
>>
>>70350736
>He could be Asajj Ventress after a sex change, for all we know.
Truly JJ and Disney are so progressive, casting a major tranny character.
>>
>>70350661
>Who the fuck should he else be? Sidious? Noone is so retarded.

so it will be Sidious then.

he'll survive the fall, keep himself alive through the force and be severly burned so noone can recognise him. he will have a latino maid played by benicio del toro.
>>
>>70350561
No.

Plagueis is shit, you will never hear about him in a movie again, and he will be lucky to show in any other EU ever again too.
>>
>>70350728
It just needs to give us an excuse as to why this powerful sith lord didn't show himself until recently, his name doesn't matter. Why wasn't he fucking shit up when he was one of only a handfull of known force users in the galaxy?
>>
>>70350877
Snoke isn't even a Sith Lord, pleb.
>>
>>70350758
>>If you think they're gonna pull some obscure piece of lore from a single prequel line that only mega-autists and EU spergs remember and hinge an entire major plot line on it you are having a major giggle.

If no normie gives a fuck who this Snokee is, then they can name him the fuck they want, also why not just Plagueis to pander to the manchildren.
>>
>>70350877
Galaxy big place.
Came from Unknown Regions.
Mystery solved
>>
>>70350561
No they already said he wasn't, multiple times. I'm inclined to believe Pablo. He's apparently just some random new character and nothing more.
>>
>>70350705
Lawrence Kasdan approved of the prequels' scripts when Lucas specifically asked him to read them you doofus.
>>
>>70350843
It's not, Bloodlines specifically goes into the political scene and who is supporting the First Order and while they love the Empire, they hate Sidious.
>>
File: o.jpg (10 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
10 KB, 231x244
>>70350843
you read the spoilers didn't you ;-) cheeky fucker

I did as well
>>
Is Snoke Mason Verger?
>>
>>70350945
>implying he read
lol, prequelbabbies are so dumb
>>
>>70350902
Because it's the era of shitty fucking journalism.
Buzzfeed, reddit, IGN, shit places like that will be running all over with "You thought you knew Star Wars?" pieces.
They don't want to make Star Wars inaccessible.
Nothing relevant to the movies will show up in books or comics or shit
>>
>>70350918
That will come off as pretty cheap if you ask me

not very poetic
>>
>>70351004
The age of pottery is over.
We're in the age of imitation now.
>>
>>70350902
>why not just Plagueis to pander to the manchildren.
Nothing to gain, and he comes with baggage too.
>>
>>70350902
>also why not just Plagueis to pander to the manchildren.

About a billion reasons but the most important would be alienating a good 95% of their intended audience
>>
>>70350983
>They don't want to make Star Wars inaccessible.
By naming a obscure new character Snoke, with an obscure new name for anyone that watches it for the first time, namely Darth Plagueis. It doesn't make any difference.
>>
>>70351049
>About a billion reasons but the most important would be alienating a good 95% of their intended audience

alienating 95% of their intended audience?!? The fuck are you saying. If you mean kids that watch it for the first tim as intended audience, as if anyone was allienated with some chewbaca and han solo emerging. Noone would be alienated if Snoke would be Darth Plagueis, they would be even more intrigued because kids love reading lore.
>>
>>70351276
He is saying that telling the audience that to understand the character they have to read a book/play a video game/read a comic or watch a cartoon, they become alienated.

That's why nothing from any book, Plagueis, any comic, any Rebels shit, Ashoka, Robo Maul, etc are never making it to the movies.

Now fuck off back to /co/
>>
>>70351227
Not true.
TFA was the first time anyone saw someone named "Snoke".
Everyone is on the same playing field.
It's the internet mate, normies would find out pretty quick there's a long history of a character named Plageuis
That makes them lose interest because now they're outsiders.
They're not equal to the ubernerds.
>>
>>70351276
>Noone would be alienated if Snoke would be Darth Plagueis
I would. I would drop that shit instantly if Disney pulled that shit.
>>
>>70351276

Goddamn you're dumb
>>
File: 1440004651429.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1440004651429.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>70350561

>just watched this movie for the first time
>theres actually a guy named snoke

i thought that was fuggin meme
>>
>>70351356
>I would. I would drop that shit instantly if Disney pulled that shit.

you're not a normie.

>>70351342
>It's the internet mate, normies would find out pretty quick there's a long history of a character named Plageuis
>That makes them lose interest because now they're outsiders.
>They're not equal to the ubernerds.

bullshit, they introduced chewbacca, han solo, princess leia and they have longer history and character development than Plagueis.

>>70351318
>He is saying that telling the audience that to understand the character they have to read a book/play a video game/read a comic or watch a cartoon, they become alienated.

why the fuck should you do all this just to acknowledge, ok this fuck is some guy named Darth Plagueis and he said he is a master of the dark side, the fuck more knowledge do you need. certainly less than to understand what Kylo and Darth Vader and the whole family affair means they portray in TFA

>>70351363
>Goddamn you're dumb
suck my dick summerfag

ALL OF YOU ARE FUCKING RETARDED, GTFO BACK TO R*DDIT OR SOME OTHER MILLENIAL SHITHOLE YOU CAME OUT OF
>>
File: 457.jpg (152 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
457.jpg
152 KB, 900x900
>>70351760

k
>>
>>70351760
>bullshit, they introduced chewbacca, han solo, princess leia and they have longer history and character development than Plagueis.
Because the stories that matter all happened in the movies.
They're like icebergs.
Even if most of them are under water, enough is above it.

With Plagueis=Snoke, too much is below the water line.
>>
>>70351760
>why the fuck should you do all this just to acknowledge, ok this fuck is some guy named Darth Plagueis and he said he is a master of the dark side, the fuck more knowledge do you need.
Because it exists, and it's baggage.

This is marketing 101.
>>
>>70351356
>implying it won't be revealed in the 3rd movie
It'll be too late to "drop" because they've already got your shekels goy
>>
>>70350650
Yeah, it's not like the fact that it's Star Wars and a continuation of the same story that started in the prequels is a link or anything.
>>
>>70351965
It won't be, they confirmed he is not Plaguies
>>
Bet it's Revan
>>
>>70352592
NOT CANON
O
T

C
A
N
O
N
>>
File: Sheev.png (936 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Sheev.png
936 KB, 900x900
S H E E V
N
O
K
E
>>
File: image.jpg (308 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308 KB, 1600x1200
>>70350561
>>
>>70350561
does it really matter?
>>
>>70350650
There's the mention of the Sith which is never mentioned in the OT as far as I recall.
>>
>>70352788
That's true, but the the idea of the Sith existed since the first drafts, it just wasn't fleshed out until the prequels with the rule of two crap
>>
>>70350561
If you ask Pablo this on his twitter he will melt down.
>>
>The Plagueisfags have been defeated, yet they still don't understand they lost

Their tears are delicious.
>>
>>70350650
Chewbacca and the droids were in the prequels

:^)
>>
>>70350908
This
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 500x500
>>70350978
A cute dumd prequelbaby
>>
Disney doesn't know who Snoke is either.

If you haven't noticed by now, they make this shit up as they go along.

Fans liked Poe Dameron? Surprise, Poe turns out to be VERY important in 8's plot! TFA "bombed" in China? Say hello to the new, Chinese lead that will be of HUGE importance in the next movie! She's basically the new Rey!
>>
He's Sheev 2: Sheev Unloaded
>>
It's Scorpius.

Farscape takes place in an uncharted area of Star Wars galaxy
>>
>>70351670
That was pretty much everyone's reaction.
>>
>>70352860
Why is rule of two crap, anon?
>>
>Is Snoke Plagueis?
"No"
t. JJ "Cumberbatch isn't Khan" Abrams
>>
>>70356373
It's dumb, and Lucas only came up with retroactively because there was 2 bad guys in the OT. Also, it makes Vader look like an idiot in ESB.
>>
>>70356688
>comparing an iconic Star Trek character from the most famous Star Trek film that saved the Star Trek franchise from dying
>to a literally nobody that only autists and neckbeards know about

Every time.
>>
>>70350561
>Yes
the same music that plays during his scene in 7 is the same music that plays in the scene where Palpatine mentions him in 3.
>>
>>70350657
That would be pretty great. What makes you think that?
>>
>>70350669
No one likes star wars
Fucking reddit

Am I cool now, guys?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.