[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Eric, what are you doing here? Why do you ask questions to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1280x1098) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1280x1098
>Eric, what are you doing here?
Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer?
>Don't give up on them, Erik.
What would you have me do, Charles? I've heard these arguments before.
>That was a long time ago. Mankind has evolved since then.
Yes, into us... Are you sneaking around in here, Charles? Whatever are you looking for?
>I'm looking for hope.
I will bring you hope, old friend, and I ask only one thing in return - don't get in my way... We are the future, Charles, not them! They no longer matter!

So have MCU manchildren come to terms with the fact that there will never be a simple exchange of dialogue on this level in their quipshit children's movies?
>>
What about this little foreshadowing convo
>M: Does it ever wake you in the middle of the night? The feeling that one day, they'll come for you? And your children?
>X: I feel a great swell of pity for the poor soul who comes to my school looking for trouble.
>>
Anyone else old enough to remember what a shit fit nerds threw because they cast an old ass Brit as Magneto and a 6′ 2″ pretty boy Aussy as Wolverine cause I do. Turns out to be the best thing to happen to the characters in decades.

Xavier was also portrayed better than he was pretty much ever written in the comics. Not as much of a manipulative psychic psychopath taskmaster.
>>
>>70349337
>>
>>70350570
I remember they loved storm and she turned out to be the worst part of the movie.
>>
>>70350570
They hated the casting of a non-redhead as Jean Grey, too.
>>
>b-but...X1 sucks
>b-but...it's all nostalgia
>b-but...First Class is better

Face it fags, superhero movies died a long time ago. The last good one was TDK. Everything after is just cashgrab. You can't give me one exchange of dialogue as memorable as this from your overrated shit like First Class, DoFP or any Marvel crap
>>
>>70350813
Overall, X1 wasn't that great. It had its moments, though, this exchange being one of them.
>>
>>70349337
>>70350813
>Mankind has evolved since then.
>Yes, into us...

Tell me you guys are just memeing, this is almost snapped neck-level cringe.
>>
>>70350813
Tdk was the last goat but Iron Man 1 was the last great tier super hero movie
>>
>>70350813
TDK will always be overrated garbage.
>>
>>70350813
>>70351391

This is correct. The difference is the pre-MCU capeshit was actually given to directors that had strong vision:

>Sam Raimi
>Bryan Singer
>Christopher Nolan
>Tim Burton
>Jon Favreau
>Guerillmo Del Toro

Capeshit yes, but capeshit made by individual filmmakers that put their individual marks on it. Now it's all a well oiled "cinematic universe" machine of vanilla yes men and compromised visionaries (Shane Black, Edgar Wright, Favreau's second Iron Man). I would consider James Gunn an outlier probably due to his property being a really obscure one but now that it's a guaranteed moneymaker I bet Marvel will be fucking with him every step of the sequel.
>>
Capeshit will never be on this level ever again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDMf7A-jzJY
>>
>>70351266

What's wrong with it?
>>
>>70351392
> Heath ledger rolling in his grave for always being remembered as cape
Bumping for this
>>
>>70350813
TDK isn't even that good anymore
>>
>>70350570
>6'2
>NOT MUH WOLVERINE
>>
>>70349337
This is sad because this scene is from a time when Singer was still believing in his craft. There's hint of the brilliance of Usual Suspects in this. Now look at Apocalypse. He doesn't even try anymore.
>>
>>70355757
DoFP was good. He just needs some good source material.
Hopefully he decides to try again next time
>>
>>70355757
>>70357351

although it wasn't perfect, wasn't the point of Apocalypse to finally see them use their powers in full force? I mean it happened in the other movies but the exposure wasn't very long. in a span of 3 movies Scott uses his powers like 7 times? I feel like he did it show us they can do Avenger shit w/o quips and make it better.
>>
>>70349337
I was sad that everyone laughed at the quote in apocalypse and through the laughter I realized none of them knew they had the same exchange in xmen. God damn normies :D
>>
Brilliant exchange in the same vein as OPs example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhGPvE43aAM

Appropriate flip of an Idiom at the end of the conversation as well. People seem to get those confused with 'quips'.
>>
>>70358050
>brilliant
>>
>>70358050

Stop
>>
>>70358612
Invincible
>>
>>70358050
>exposition about how an AI could possibly be scared
>"i was only born yesterday"
no
>>
>>70350846
Do the second and third ones get better? I had trouble paying attention to the first I found it so boring.
>>
>>70359221

You'll hate them. Stick to Whedon and the MCU. There will be plenty of quips and winks and CGI splosions to keep your mind from wandering
>>
File: lG1FV5A.jpg (89 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
lG1FV5A.jpg
89 KB, 1200x750
>>70349337

THE ONE TRUE X-MEN MOVIE RANKING

1. X2
2. FIRST CLASS
3. DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
4. X-MEN
5. THE WOLVERINE
6. APOCALYPSE
7. LAST STAND
8. WOLVERINE: ORIGINS
>>
>>70360362
It has nothing to do with Michael Bay shit, and everything to do with hardly anything happens in the first film. It's very shallow. None of the characters get fleshed out very well save for Magneto and even then it skimps on that, and all that happens is >old guy gets revenge on younger generation tier story. The other thing is that it felt way too short, the ending of the movie came along like a bullet train with zero passengers if you were to substitute actual story and character progression in place of passengers. Now there have been a lot of Marvel films that likewise I didn't like, but the in this case I found the first X-men film to be lacking in many areas.
>>
>>70360741
Days of Future Past is better than First Class by a wide, wide margin though
>>
File: xmfc-ref.png (2 MB, 1080x1155) Image search: [Google]
xmfc-ref.png
2 MB, 1080x1155
>>70360842

They're kind of neck and neck for me. I gave First Class the second spot for the 60's stuff, the better X-Men costume (I really dug those blue/yellow jumpsuits), the scenes of Fassbender Nazi hunting, and of course, Kevin Bacon.
>>
>>70360741
how does anyone put any of the wolverines anywhere but the bottom? they belong on the same line as x3.
>>
File: wolverine-middle-finger-claw.jpg (49 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
wolverine-middle-finger-claw.jpg
49 KB, 600x300
Remember when instead of quips all the time they instead just did a little thing like pic related?
>>
File: 670960.png (246 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
670960.png
246 KB, 500x379
>Whedonw as hired to work on the X-Men script
>literally one line of his dialogue made it into the finished film
>it's a quip
>it's the worst moment of the film
>>
>>70360942

Second Wolverine movie is pretty good.

I mean, how can you not love Wolverine vs.. Yakuza/Ninjas/Samurai's?
>>
>>70361172
I think my issue is mostly with what they did with SS. the action was alright, I guess.. but it falls under the umbrella of the Wolverine that bothers to block swords with his claws and not go for the kill shot everytime. but I think they learned their lesson. I'm pretty hype for old man logan.

Also how did he get back to the original car when his fight pushed him back like :P
>>
>>70349337

the more remarkable thing about this scene to me is that it's actually staged well

- nice straight compositions
- a minimum number of shots without becoming monotonous
- the camera either stationary or on a dolly
- starting the shot off with magneto walking away in background and holding the shot as xavier's wheelchair rolls into frame in foreground before he speaks and let's magneto know he's there
- magneto's face obscured by moody lighting creating a sense of mystery before we know who he is
- holding magneto's face in foreground and at the edge of the frame and xavier in background and out of focus creating a sense of tension
- magneto turning to reveal his face at the climax of the scene
- in wide shot magneto turning and walking away as he's still speaking to charles

this isn't mindblowing shit but it evinces a strong sense of cinematic storytelling. compare this with how christopher nolan or joss whedon set a scene.
>>
>>70360937
Why did Kevin Bacon agree to the part? I thought he was a big enough actor that he wouldn't stoop to doing capeshit.
>>
>>70361936

Colin Firth said no, they offered it to Bacon
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.