[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a better horror movie than "The Thing" (1982)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: the-thing-carpenter.jpg (210 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
the-thing-carpenter.jpg
210 KB, 1000x1500
Is there a better horror movie than "The Thing" (1982)?
>>
>>70348375
There isn't one OP /thread
>>
>>70348375
The H8ful 8
>>
Batman vs superman
>>
No. It's the perfect horror movie
>>
>>70348375
No.
>>
Depends what you are after. It's stupid to claim The Thing and The Exorcist are the same type of film and should be compared.
>>
Alien is up there.
>>
>>70348521
Nothing happens for half an hour
>>
>>70348546
And?
>>
>>70348591
That's what keeps it from being the best horror movie. I didn't say it was bad
>>
>>70348546

Don't be obtuse. There might be no frights in the first half an hour but it's an excellent introduction to the characters and setting which is absolutely fascinating.
>>
>>70348620
A movie spending time setting shit up is not a fault.

And I didn't sayt that Alien was better than The Thing, just that it was up there with it.
>>
The Anvil Hoarder (1930)
The Grifter
>>
I don't think there are *better* horror films, but there are a few that are just as good. The aforementioned Alien and The Exorcist are good examples, and I'd add Cronenberg's The Fly and the 70s Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
>>
>>70348375

Yes, Texas Chainsaw Massacre but The Thing is a close second
>>
the answer? thats simple :) "noroi:the curse" read em and weep boys I'll be taking this game.
>>
File: image.png (686 KB, 769x1088) Image search: [Google]
image.png
686 KB, 769x1088
>>70348753
Scared me shitless.
>>
The Exorcist (1973)
I still can't watch this alone.
>>
>>70348375
Well, now I gotta watch it again
>>
>>
It's up there and is one of the most worthwhile horror films, of which there aren't that many but any of these are as good in my opinion.
Nosferatu 1922 and 1979
Dracula 1931
Vampyr 1932
The Exorcist
Zombi 2
Alien
The Witch
Let the Right One In 2008
Prince of Darkness
In the Mouth of Madness
Halloween
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Blair Witch Project
The Wicker Man
Psycho
The Ring 1998
Dark Water 2002
>>
>>70352385
And The Shining obviously.
>>
>>70351291
I dont watch that movie at night
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.