[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Like watching movies >can't express my thoughts about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: wojak.jpg (6 KB, 167x200) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
6 KB, 167x200
>Like watching movies
>can't express my thoughts about a movies
>so never talk about movies outside of banalities
>somehow think I could write some reviews, it should be easier than speaking
>can't even write a rotten tomatoes tier review
>read top tier reviews of movies I like
>realize that I didn't understand the movie at all, didn't understand symbolism or metaphor
>realize that I'm too dumb for the only thing I like in this life
>>
kek.
>>
Movies are subjective, anon. Just write what you think the movie meant not caring for what others think.
>>
>>70347158
Second post best post
>>
>>70347117
>like bikes
>want to ride a bike somewhere
>never ridden a bike before
>get on bike for the first time
>fall over
Guess I'll never be able to ride a bike
>>
File: 1285618829119.jpg (42 KB, 373x373) Image search: [Google]
1285618829119.jpg
42 KB, 373x373
>>70347117
symbolism and metaphor is overrated as fuck
>>
>>70348672
This. It's all bullshit. This is a view held by the greats of the art. Watching a film is a unique experience that should mean whatever you take from it. If it relies on symbolism or metaphor it's garbage and a waste of time.
>>
File: callForVids.jpg (52 KB, 372x175) Image search: [Google]
callForVids.jpg
52 KB, 372x175
How would you go about making video essays?
>>
i write whatever, id rather read an entertaining review than a review from some snob
>>
sometimes i wish i knew more about movies, about what it takes to produce one, all the technicalities about what goes into making any of the equipment related to them, about how post-production and all the related software works.
same with music.

but i'm far too lazy.
>>
>>70350480
>write essay first
>edit together pertinent examples of what you described in essay
that's it. the medium isn't the point, if you have nothing interesting to say or demonstrate it won't matter if it's in watercolors, or video, or sand sculptures
>>
File: dogshake.gif (2 MB, 300x437) Image search: [Google]
dogshake.gif
2 MB, 300x437
>>70347117
OP you came to the right place. 90% of the anons here are like you!
>>
>>70347158
>>70347172
>>70348672
>>70348713
>>70350673
>This is /tv/
You're at home with the retards here, OP
>>
Blop
>>
Was this you anon?? : >>70350077
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.