[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greatest movie of all time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Wittgenstein film.png (295 KB, 811x456) Image search: [Google]
Wittgenstein film.png
295 KB, 811x456
A Wittgenstein biopic with pic related would literally be the greatest movie of all time
>born into the 2nd richest familiy in the Austrian-Hungary empire
>childhood spent meeting legendary politicians, businesspeople, musicians and artists in the late 19th century/early 20th century - a period that is extremely interesting and impactful but not touched upon enough in movies
>met legendary philosopher Bertrand Russell
>Russell said "prove to me you are smart, write me an essay by tomorrow morning"
>Wittgenstein meets him the next day, Russell reads the first sentence and says "you are the smartest person i have ever met"
>WW1 starts and Wittgenstein enlists, and is actually a great soldier
>Wittgenstein is captured and is a POW
>while held captive, he writes one of the most important philosophical works of all time, Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus
>he quickly rises as one of the most brilliant human beings in the world
>his next work, Philosophical Investigations, is almost a complete 180 compared to his first work (from technical perspective, not quality), and the philosophy community is in shambles

This would win literally every Oscar
>>
I would definitely watch it. It's kind of hard to make movies about smart historical people, but if you had a dream team writing, directing, and acting in it then I'd lube up and give it a go
>>
>>70339700
He was a fucking commie spy, fuck him
>>
>This would win literally every Oscar
middlebrow as FUCK
>>
Wittgenstein and Russell were inferior minds. 90% of everything they wrote is wrong.
>>
>>70339700
>Tractatus
>one of the most important philosophical works of all time
pick one, nigga

btw, the movie should include his outburst during debate with Popper
>>
Sounds great but there's no audience for this kind of stuff anymore. It'd have to be made for super cheap and I don't think that'd be possible given some of the situations you describe.
>>
>>70339700

Nigger, he wrote Logico on military leave and finished it before he got captured.

Also, shit taste director and actors. Disappointing.
>>
>>70340199

tractatus was important
>>
File: 1440093689107.jpg (154 KB, 984x734) Image search: [Google]
1440093689107.jpg
154 KB, 984x734
>>70340179
>90% of everything they wrote is wrong.

Found the "Continental"
>>
>>70340179
>t. Terrance Howard
>>
>>70339700
Jarman already made the definitive Wittgenstein film, I want a Kierkegaard biopic.
>>
>>70340179
russell was a fucking historian not a philosopher
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.