[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DCEU General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
DC is fucked

>but they hired Geoff jhons
He was responsible for the new 52 which was a disaster and not wanted by anyone

He rebooted again with rebirth. The comic universe is in shambles how can he fix the movie universe if he fucked up the comic universe.

He was also involved with that Reynolds green lantern movie so we already know the direction he wants and what were going to get
>Jon berg
He's been involved in every DC movie and has no fucking idea what he's doing. Time to get rid of him
>suicide squad
Has been gutted despite what the director is saying. They have changed everything in the third act. It may have been good but now we will never know and will end up a failure like most reshoot movies like Fant4stic
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1588x2212) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1588x2212
>>70338530
Great Movies that have had reshoots

>E.T.
>Jaws
>Apocalypse Now
>Blade Runner
>Superman II
>Rocky
>Back To The Future
>Top Gun
>The Avengers
>Mad Max: Fury Road
>X2: X-Men United

Reshoots don't mean a movie is going to be bad, don't let a recent example fool you.

That's not the problem.

Look, people go and watch shit like Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy because they know marvel can take literally anything and make it into a decent above-average blockbuster.

Marvel can handle their Iron Mans and Captain Americas, as well as their smaller more obscure IPs like Ant-Man and Black Panther (and soon to be Doctor Strange).

Marvel can take stupid shlock from the comics and make it somewhat entertaining on screen.

If fucking DC can't even make a good SUPERMAN AND BATMAN MOVIE (BvS was pure horseshit btw) then nobody is going to trust them with the smaller IP like Suicide Squad (for the record I think this is looking good), Aquaman, or even Wonder Woman (I mean look at who the fuck they casted for WW).

Nobody cares about Shazam.

Nobody cares about Aquameme.

Nobody cares about a black Canary.

If they can't make a good Batman or Superman film, the rest will suck shit.
>>
>>70338530
Literally poor bait. I feel bad for bumping
>>
>So mad he took the time to make a personalized OP pic
>Probably won't get as many replies as he wished for so he'll repost this shit over and over
>>
File: 14382636492897.png (635 KB, 565x821) Image search: [Google]
14382636492897.png
635 KB, 565x821
>>70338530
He wasn't hired to fix anything because there's nothing to fix
>>
File: image.png (335 KB, 500x820) Image search: [Google]
image.png
335 KB, 500x820
>>70339471
>>
>>70339623
>image.jpg
Why am I never surprised
>>
>>70340136
>ad-hominem
>>
>>70339471

>the dark knight and man of steel clash over differing philosophies

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA he heh ha ahah ha

they really don't.
>>
>>70338530
ITT: Someone who doesn't know comics and wants to blame Geoff Johns for everything.

As someone who actually knows comics, allow me to put some actual facts in this topic to stop this faggot from lying.

First off, no he wasn't responsible for the New 52. If you want, you can put the blame on Dan Didio but unofficially you can blame Diane Nelson and potentially others higher than her at Warner Bros. From what I recall, they weren't really happy with the way DC was performing once there was a change in management.

It's been 'known' (as in, unofficially) that Dan wanted to reboot the DCU for years now but the previous president of DC (Paul Levitz) always resisted. Paul was also against exploiting Watchmen (which would later happen after he was removed) but that doesn't mean he was a saint, either. He did a lot of good... and a good bit of bad, too.

Anyway, for years Dan wanted a reboot. He was blocked. Then Paul was removed and Dan was told that he had to do something to get sales back up. He proposed the reboot and it was approved. Geoff didn't have a damn thing to do with that. He was then a over-glorified writer who barely had any influence.

Now his influence DID increase over time and you can blame Rebirth on him... which isn't really a bad thing. DC has been one hell of a mixed bag in the last few years. Granted, they've been better than what Marvel's been publishing but that's not saying much.

As for the whole 'comic universe is in shambles' bullshit? Well, it's just that... bullshit.
>>
This seems like a good place to ask this. Should I bother watching the DC liveaction tv shows?
>>
>>70339471

Martha.
>>
>>70342963

Flash = yes

Legends = yes

Arrow = probably not, unless it really shakes it up next season

Supergirl = only if you really want to.
>>
File: rottenmarvelfags.jpg (65 KB, 470x475) Image search: [Google]
rottenmarvelfags.jpg
65 KB, 470x475
>>70338855
>>
>>70342963
Gotham = yes

Flash = yes

Legends = if you stomach the first couple of assfuckingly awful cringey episodes

Arrow = no

Supesgirl = see Legends, but with extra BLACKED (on the Legends, it is WHITED instead)
>>
>>70343528
>>70343598

Am I the only one that kinda hated Flash S2?
>>
File: ITS JUST A PRANK BRO.gif (630 KB, 245x140) Image search: [Google]
ITS JUST A PRANK BRO.gif
630 KB, 245x140
>>70343661

I know people who weren't happy with it, but i've not encountered many people who hated it.

I'm a sucker for some comic fan service though, and if you aren't taken in by all that, then i can see why the finale may have let you down.

What didn't you like?
>>
>>70343772
That it was literally S1 all over again but more shitty. It just seemed like so many filler eps aswell and useless characters... I loved most of S1 and liked little of S2
>>
>>70338855
Only on /tv/ will you find "Movies Women will never understand" threads, and then later see people use RT as the end all be all of film quality, when half of the reviewers are women.
>>
The problem with DC is they don't have a Kevin Fiege to oversee everything they do and keep their films as cohesive and familiar as possible. He also happens to be a once-in-a-lifetime talent that has an eye for casting both directors and actors, and makes nothing but smart moves. Is there a single MCU character that was miscast?

Marvel also had an incredible amount of patience and had EVERYONE buying into Fiege's vision, including Disney after the buyout. I don't have the image on me right now, but that pic of Marvel planning out their universe with meticulous detail while DC throws everything into a blender is extremely accurate. Instead of treating each character with care, DC was irresponsible and rushed everyone they had into the second movie. DC claims a Man of Steel sequel is still in the works, and BvS wasn't a MoS sequel. Don't you think they should've built up their universe a bit more before going balls deep into "the greatest gladiator match"? If it were Nolan's Batman taking on Superman, it would work because there would have been 4 movies preceding BvS (the Nolan trilogy and MoS), but instead we got one. It's just a sloppy, amateurish handling of the characters.
>>
>>70346151
Let's step back in time, shall we? What I'm about to ask is not rhetorical. I really don't know so I'm asking in perfect honesty in hopes of opening a dialogue and proving a point.

Was Feige's/Marvel's full schedule even known to the public at the time that "The Incredible Hulk" hit theaters?
>>
>>70346516
Considering Incredible Hulk had a Tony Stark cameo at the end, I'd say yes
>>
>>70346516
I don't think it was as planned out and set in stone as it is now but there was a definite idea that there would be IM2, Captain America, Thor then Avengers
>>
>>70346516
>>70346847
Right, that was my impression as well at the time. I didn't frequent this board back then. Did any of you guys?
>>
>>70338855
MoS and BvS were 10/10 cape movies though and you're cherry picking those good ones majority end up being bad
>>
>>70343661
It was fucking terrible. As was LoT. I don't understand how that show has any fans at all
>>
any of you nerds know if rebirth is any good?
>>
>>70347057
Sounds good I mean Dr. Manhattan is back
>>
>>70347057
>event comics
>good
It HAS been entertaining seeing the DCIDF on /co/ defend it though
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.