[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Twin Peaks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: vacuum.jpg (286 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
vacuum.jpg
286 KB, 960x720
Is this one of the greatest series of all time?

Expectations for the new season?
>>
>Expectations for the new season?

low to not happening
>>
Overrated trash for pseudo intellectuals
>>
>>70339879
It's happening, and the cast is star-studded.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4093826/fullcredits/
>>
Idk but it has the GOAT music
Without it, itd just be a shitty soap
>>
Incredible show, and I expect it to be just as good as S1 with Lynch directing every episode.
>>
>>70337626
It cant be considered as the greatest series of all time since you have at least 8 episodes of complete garbage after the death of Leland
>>
>>70337626
GOAT scene
>>
>>70340222
It wasn't complete garbage anon, just not as good as the other episodes
>>
It is happening again.
It is happening again.
>>
>>70337626
>Is this one of the greatest series of all time?
No. It runs out of steam really fucking quickly. Lynch is just not cut out for long-form, episodic stuff. New series will suffer the same fate. It will blow you away for like the first 6 episodes and then fall the shit real quick because Lynch will get bored with it and just start phoning it in.
>>
>>70342503
Lynch pretty much had nothing to do with the episodes that sucked. He lost interest when he was forced to reveal the killer.
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
this line was intentionally put in there to remind us season 3 would start in 25 years right? (it's now 25 years later)
>>
new season will not be that good. the expectations are just way too high for it to succeed. it's going to further crush lynch / frost's reputation especially after the whole preemptive cancellation because SHO wasn't giving lynch & co enough $ for the production budget.

pretty much whenever someone complains there's not enough money for X reason(s), it usually means it's at the "throw more money at the problem, see if it works itself out" phase.

i am personally optimistic for it though, not season 1/end of season 2 tier but hopefully just a notch above crappy mid season 2 episodes.
>>
>>70337626
>yes

>trying not to think about it
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.