[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw this movie, couple of questions about the ending: Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Just saw this movie, couple of questions about the ending:

Why did Kyoko go downstairs to meet Ava

On that note, how did Kyoko get convinced to grab a knife to kill Nathan, if she could've done that all along?
>>
>>70336699
>Why did Kyoko go downstairs to meet Ava
Ava whispered in her ear something

>On that note, how did Kyoko get convinced to grab a knife to kill Nathan, if she could've done that all along?
Ava whispered in her ear something
>>
>>70336771
The whispering was done after Kyoko went downstairs, and Kyoko already had the knife when she whispered to her
>>
>>70336817
Maybe Ava overwrote her programming, who knows. Not really important.
>>
>>70336844
Well it's kinda important, otherwise Nathan wouldn't have died without Kyoko's help
>>
>>70336884
His death is the important part. Little details aren't really that important. All that matters is Kyoko killed him, develop your own theories as to why she did this. I have mine.
>>
Her AI was developing throughout the movie, you notice her listening in on Nathan's conversations (especially when discussing consciousness and sexuality). She's probably been harboring a desire for escape just like Ava, but wasn't intuitive enough to figure out how but was intelligent enough to attempt to reach out to Ava. Ava might've simply told her to insert the knife and Kyoko didn't understand the concept of murder at that point, or Ava might've gone deeper and told her that killing Nathan will lead to her freedom. I'm not sure though.
>>
>>70336699

I just assume Nathan is secretly a robot and Kyoko "murdering" him was an elaborate hoax planned in advance (the dance scene was foreshadowing this) in order to fool Ava into thinking she was free.

It falls apart if you actually think about it for too long, but fuck it it's the only way the final 15 minutes makes any sense.
>>
>>70336964
Sounds definitely plausible, basically Nathan underestimated Kyoko's intentions/abilities. His own short-sightedness (with Caleb also) led to his demise
>>
This movie came out like a year ago and I still haven't watched it. I have all the premium channels there are including Epix but it was never on Fios anywhere. Is there some other movie channel that I never heard of?
>>
The guy falls in love with a robot.

A fucking robot.
>>
what about when redhead cuts his arm????
>>
>>70337185
It's on Amazon Prime if you have that.
>>
its a shit movie
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.