[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Films you heard were god tier, but you were disappointing by.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: Brazil_(1985_film)_poster.jpg (34 KB, 403x300) Image search: [Google]
Brazil_(1985_film)_poster.jpg
34 KB, 403x300
Brazil for me. The last twenty minutes were pretty great, but everything before was just kind of meh
>>
>>70335677
which version?
>>
The Omen and Hellraiser are very well made, but the only thing that startled me from both movies was Jesus falling out of the closet.
>>
>2001 a space odyssey.
Tedious as fuck. Maybe ill give it another try so to appreciate the philosophical content.
>>
LOTR
>>
Not god tier, but girl, interrupted
Never bothered when it came out, wish I hadn't
>>
>>70335677
Everything Kubrick ever made.

Fucking hack, should have just been a director of photography, nothing more.
>>
>>70335677
Fight Club, It was good but I wouldn't call it a great film.
>>
File: 1456968167797.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456968167797.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>70338895
>casually find 2001 while watching tv
>always heard it was good and I had seen some Kubrick
>got really immersed and enjoyed every bit
feels good man
>>
>>70335677
Brazil for me too. I actually turned it off halfway through. Should i watch the rest if the ending is good?
>>
File: the_big_lebowski.jpg (376 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
the_big_lebowski.jpg
376 KB, 1920x1040
I've tried watching this movie so many times but I just can't get into it. I always get to just after the point where he visit's Lebowski for the first time and flirts with his wife and then I'm bored.
I can't seem to get invested in either the story or the character.
>>
>>70341866
Space out your viewings.
>>
File: videodrome_1.jpg (288 KB, 1078x1428) Image search: [Google]
videodrome_1.jpg
288 KB, 1078x1428
Horror classic my ass. The second half was pure bile.

>>70336913
Isn't each version pretty much the same but with different endings?
>>
File: Blair_Witch_Project.jpg (107 KB, 301x425) Image search: [Google]
Blair_Witch_Project.jpg
107 KB, 301x425
Some asshole on /tv/ told me this was good. It was literally just 70 minutes of shakycam in the woods with people shouting at each other. It wasn't even scary at all.
>>
>>70341957
I've been trying once a year for the last five which isn't excessive, I just can't seem to get past that point and usually switch it off.
I'd have to force myself to watch the whole movie, and if I feel like that then it's a good sign I won't be enjoying it.
>>
>>70342097

Nah its bretty good, I liked part 2 as well
>>
>>70338895
Just literally finished that movie, it was alright, not amazing. The only things worthwhile were the special effects and Dave's acting.
>>
>>70342098
Just might not be for you then, you tried at least.
>>
Fucking Dr. Strangelove, who are the idiots that call that film hilarious? Fucking less laughs than the Holy Grail.
>>
Fargo. For years everyone kept telling me how amazing it was, and after watching it I just wanted those hours of my life back.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.