[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ben Affleck's Batman Will Be "Mostly Original"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: Batffleck.jpg (3 KB, 137x90) Image search: [Google]
Batffleck.jpg
3 KB, 137x90
>"I think what I would do, what I probably would do, is in some ways what Zack did with this movie, which is to borrow certain things from the great comic books, but create an original story around it because I wouldn't want the fans to already know the story and be familiar, but I would borrow, steal, great things that have been done before in the comics."
http://whatculture.com/film-tv/ben-afflecks-batman-will-be-mostly-original

WTF, BEN ??!! It was said that you would leash Zach, not join him! You were to bring balance to the DCEU, not leave it in darkness!!
>>
Is this true?
>>
Is this the one where batman rapes the joker?
>>
>>70334083
frankly, that's the only sensate way to do it. based affleck
>>
>>70334083
good
the line between familiar and new is one that must be erased and passed in all creative work
this feeds the hypercrisis better too
>>
What he's really saying is 'what he did' because his agent already confirmed he had a script for the film a few months ago.
>>
File: 148674152674.jpg (56 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
148674152674.jpg
56 KB, 620x413
>>70334948
>Ben, you have to rape Snyder.
>>
>>70334083
so hes doing what Nolan did, and every director before him
>>
>>70334083
So should I expect anything from it or not?
>>
File: Batman - Do Not Disturb.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Do Not Disturb.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>70334083
I'm fucking HYPE for Affleck brings us. I hope it's dark, spooky, and really plays into the urban legend vibe that's supposed to surround the Batman. I want to see gadgets whose sole purpose is to scare people - things like blackout smoke, IR lenses, real "creature of the night" sorts of things.
>>
>>70336316
i wonder how viable it is to focus on one guy who's getting the rest of his crew picked off while you see glimpses of batman throw smoke and light until a final bomb under the table scenario until batman closes in then the focus switches to batman again
>>
What exactly is wrong with what he's saying?
>>
>>70337540
Not a thing.
>>
>>70337540
He fucked up by comparing himself to Zack which makes everyone scared
He probably realized he maybe shouldn't have said that in retrospect
>>
>>70337414
This may sound crazy, but I'd love to see someone in-film watching some "found footage" video of a take-down, like Bats just swooping in to stop a mugging or something and he's just this whirl of bat-cloak and shadow. Really play up the "HOLYSHITVAMPIRE" angle.
>>
>>70337840
that would probably be used in an investigative setting, like something that lady at cadmus would get her hands on, or luthor
>>
>>70339455
Lady at Cadmus?
>>
>>70337540
by being original and differ from the source/comic can also means the movie is going to alienated fans.
>>
Ben will just go ask his fat fuck directing comic book nerd friend and it will basically be clerksman.
>>
>>70339873
name escapes me but it's.....
amanda waller
>>
>>70340190
Have we seen her yet? I kind of hope for fat, ugly zero-bullshit Waller. She's such a great character.
>>
>>70340239
debuts in suicide squad. according to the trailers, she puts the team together while being true to the behind the scenes manipulative shtick known to the all important fans.
the scene with luthor at the end of bvs implies a batman-government relationship so it'd be interesting to see what comics and/or cartoons they draw from considering batman's presence in suicide squad
>>
>>70340372
Speaking of behind-the-scenes stuff, but do you think maybe LexCorp and the government have developed a way to track metahumans? Reason I ask is because whatever they're using to track Doomsday and Clark with during their fight, that ain't radar, not without a goodly does of artistic license, at least.
>>
>>70340558
>does
dose - my bad
>>
>>70334083
Hopefully it will be Knightfall except Batman beats all the villains and breaks Bane's back at the end.
>>
>>70340558
satellites? laser tracking? i'm more inclined to say satellites focused on that area of the world. but if not it's something that transmits quickly from their bodies for them to be able to track and identify. which i'd guess would have to be artistic license of energy emission or interaction with the environment. doomsday was obviously emitting energy so this could very well fit. the only thing that half triggered me was wondering about the threshold of exposure to radiation because of bruce
>>
>>70340724
Matt damon to play jean paul valley
>>
>>
>>70334083
> I think what I would do, what I probably would do, is in some ways what Zack did with this movie

Thank God Ben knows kino when he see's it.
>>
I honestly think Ben is a top tier director and should focus more on making movies instead of acting.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNA5jMl1JAA

i just hope it has more of this while not being a complete mess otherwise

his batman was the only decent thing about bvs
>>
>>70340728
I've been really curious about that, because it not only offers further insight into how Lex and his guys found out Clark's secret, but it also explains how he discovered the other metahumans. I mean, you could do that by just running search algorithms on the web, looking for "paranormal" things, too, but if there's some sort of tracing tech involved, it may be yet another clue to the origins of metahumans in the DCEU.

As far as kryptonite exposure goes, I think if I had to explain it, I'd go with it being a combination of the Kryptonians' "bio aura" combined with differences in their cells and DNA.

Secretly, I think that other metas will react to it as well but to lesser degrees, because I think that Kryptonian heritage will be the explanation for metahuman ability.
>>
>>70341331
this does depend on a physiology interacting with the atmosphere, any body can be tracked through chemical, physical, or radiological means.
beings that have an electromagnetic interactions like doomsday and superman obviously can be seen through something like thermography/infared
the others don't seem to have this interaction with their environment ie arthur lives in the deep, diana is more or less normal, cyborg has nothing special about him at all so far as has been shown. point being they all have different physiological interactions with their environment by default. the way luthor tracked them down was more of a nsa type thing anyway

a lot of details in the movie were left intentionally vague to invite speculation, and my pet theory is in relation to hypercrisis/the way movies interact with the mind ie taking real world information and jumping off with it. the whole past kryptonian thing is more of a 'extraterrestrial influence on human evolution' metas in this instance are loosely associated with next step human evolution type of thought
zack has said that in MoS he played around with cradle of civilization stories ie the ship landed when civilization started
all of this depends on how they play with that, the angle they take on the viewers subconscious

i don't quite remember luthor's exact words in his introductory scene but i don't know if evolution has been brought into it, and as far as i'm aware dc never played with that
>>
>>70342109
You know something that hit me the other day? With all the belief and worship unconsciously being thrown in Clark's direction, he could conceivably lead to a revival of magic as a force in the world. I wonder if that will first be touched upon in the Squad.
>>
>>70341059
I agree but he did a great job portraying Bruce in BvS so I don't mind in acting in this
>>
>>70342109
Think of the metas in these terms - of all of them, Cyborg's the only baseline human other than Bruce. The Flash's and Wonder Woman's abilities could just be permutations of Kryptonian abilities, like the strength, super-speed, and even Diana's being able to "enchant" weapons and armor she's using could just be her being able to extend the Kryptonian bio force-field onto things she's in contact with.
>>
>>70342275
well ultimately it depends on how they seek to take and guide people's attention. i wonder how ambitious they are with this
>>70342441
stay tuned for Wonder Woman™ to find out!!!!
>>
>>70342740
Oh, I definitely intend to. They could doing some truly awesome world-building here.
>>
>>70342954
desu i as long as they connect it to real world history in a satisfactory manner i'll be good. these movies the ultimate marvel vibe that i missed in the mcu
>>
>>70334083
here we fucking go again
>>
>>70334083

Sounds good.
>>
File: Hushx.jpg (38 KB, 300x397) Image search: [Google]
Hushx.jpg
38 KB, 300x397
And here I was hoping he would do an adaptation of Hush bringing his pal Matt Damon to play the villain.
>>
>>70345130

Hush and Black Mask are such garbage
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.