[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movies I'm on the Fence ABout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 981x837) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 981x837
Are any of these films actually good?
>>
>>70329123
i'm not watching them to find out
>>
Maggie is a decent watch.
>>
Most are complete shit. Automata is okay.
>>
EVIL DEAD is surprisingly pretty good, considering it's a reboot of a franchise that was already quite worthwhile

AUTOMATA was extremely disappointing. totally fails to deliver on any aspect of its premise.

haven't seen any of the others, though i'd like to see EVOLUTION
>>
>>70330663
i didn't see BRIDGE OF SPIES in there, actually. it's Spielberg's best film since MUNICH. people really take him for granted these days - the man is an absolute master, and i always look forward to his films.
>>
>>70329123
I can tell you Area 51 is bad. I sat through that one. Honestly it's just so boring and badly acted. Plus it's a mockumentary.
>>
>>70329123
Grand Piano and Evil Dead remake are fucking great

Digging up the marrow would be better if there was more monster stuff, and less of Adam Green jerking off to his career.

Citadel was boring.
>>
>>70329123
automata was fucking horrendous
>>
>>70329123
Bridge of Spies is very dialogue-based and seems to be close to reality, you wont see very much action, it's more about a man who choses to stick to his principles, I liked it. If you like Spy-movies like the The Man from U.N.C.L.E., the Bourne-stuff or Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy don't expect this to be like them. I would suggest to watch "The Lives of Others" (2006) or Munich (2005).
>>
Essentially I would say it really depends on what kind of person you are and If you are able to appreciate a movie even just for some of its elements.

In a movie maybe some scenes are horrendous, the story is really bad and the soundtrack is shit and the casting is awfull. I think only very few movies get everything right and people are often very merciless with their judgement and immediately hate a movie for just getting some of it wrong.

Automata was quite atmospheric in my opionion and had some nice ideas, but overall disappointing, it's not really complete shit, I would say it was an okay movie.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.