[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ruined Character Arcs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11
File: JUST.jpg (11 KB, 168x301) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
11 KB, 168x301
Book 4:

>I'm done with Cercei and she can burn in hell for all I care. I'm my own man now. I will become the honourable knight I dreamed of being when I was young.

Season 6:

>Yes, mistress, everything and anything for you! I will follow you to the gates of hell.

Is any character more JUST than Jaime at this point?
>>
All the character arcs are fucked.

Arya's is fucked. Bran's is fucked. Khaleesi is fucked. Littlefinger is who cares. Tyrian is who cares.

All of them except Jon are basically trash now with no point or end in site.
>>
>>70327984

In the books Varys is the most devious person in Westeros. In the show he is the laughing stock of every dick joke in Essos.
>>
Let's see what happens.

People are speculating that Tommen will be called to fight The Mountain during Cersei's trial by combat.

Remember, Cersei has accepted that her children will die while Jamie is fighting to protect his only child.

If Tommen dies Cersei and Jamie will split.
>>
>>70328056
>Making the king fight
how fucking retarded is this theory
>>
Every male character is cucked or will soon be cucked to oblivion by some stronk female.
>>
>>70327984
Tyrion is another. In the books he's a bitter alcoholic who has fantasies of raping his sister and killing his brother.

In the show he's like me drinks and me knows things.
>>
File: hehehe.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
hehehe.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>70328094
that's actually genius

Assuming Sparrow can brainwash Tommen enough to convince him to go through with it, the fight becomes a win/win for Sparrow

If the Mountain kills Tommen and Cersei wins the trial by combat, its a moot point because Cersei loses everything, her son, her power in Kings Landing, The Mountain, all of it. It also creates a power vacuum into which the Sparrow and his church can quickly enter.

If however Cersei forfeits and loses, the Sparrow gets to exact his sentence onto her. This further solidifies the Sparrow's power in King's Landing, Cersei likely taken out of the picture.

The trick naturally is to trick Tommen into thinking that the Gods are with him and that should he fight for the realm, he cannot lose

not that any of that shits going to happen anyway because Cleganebowl is already confirmed GET HYPE
>>
>>70328408

SPOILER

too bad we know from leaks that Tommen ends up kekking himself
>>
>>70328408
>that spoiler
I NEED PROOF. I NEED PROOF THAT IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. PLEASE DEAR LORD LET IT BE TRUE.
>>
>>70328633

? Explain his self kekking senpai
>>
>>70330490

SPOILER
he throws himself out the window, killing himself.
>>
>>70330735

For why?
>>
>>70331208
just a prank
>>
>>70331208
The gods
>>
>>70330735
SOURCE
>>
File: 1432351824138.jpg (696 KB, 740x1000) Image search: [Google]
1432351824138.jpg
696 KB, 740x1000
>She was all in grey, a silent sister. A hood and veil concealed her features, but he could see the candles burning in the green pools of her eyes. “Sister,” he said, “what would you have of me?” His last word echoed up and down the sept, mememememememe.
>“I am not your sister, Jaime.” She raised a pale soft hand and pushed her hood back. “Have you forgotten me?”
>Can I forget someone I never knew? The words caught in his throat. He did know her, but it had been so long…
>“Will you forget your own lord father too? I wonder if you ever knew him, truly.” Her eyes were green, her hair spun gold. He could not tell how old she was. Fifteen, he thought, or fifty. She climbed the steps to stand above the bier. “He could never abide being laughed at. That was the thing he hated most.”
>“Who are you?” He had to hear her say it.
>“The question is, who are you?”
>“This is a dream.”
>“Is it?” She smiled sadly. “Count your hands, child.”
>One. One hand, clasped tight around the sword hilt. Only one. “In my dreams I always have two hands.” He raised his right arm and stared uncomprehending at the ugliness of his stump.
>“We all dream of things we cannot have. Tywin dreamed that his son would be a great knight, that his daughter would be a queen. He dreamed they would be so strong and brave and beautiful that no one would ever laugh at them.”
>“I am a knight,” he told her, “and Cersei is a queen.”
>A tear rolled down her cheek. The woman raised her hood again and turned her back on him. Jaime called after her, but already she was moving away, her skirt whispering lullabies as it brushed across the floor. Don’t leave me, he wanted to call, but of course she’d left them long ago.
>>
at least you got to see him and Bronn get into some wacky hijinks in those weird Xena: Warrior Princess crossover episodes
>>
>>70328408

Tommen got cucked hard by the Sparrows because he's a massive pussy and he is VERY easy to manipulate, but he is still too pussy to EVERY agree to fight the Mountain. He is a bigger pussy than he is easy to manipulate. No amount of "God will guide your sword my child" would convince that little doughboy to fight a literal towering abomination 1 on 1.
>>
Reminder that Jaime is literally our guy, and he will be unJusted this season.
>>
Wait a second, if the Faith is now in charge, why are they kicking Jaime out of the Kingsguard and not UnGregor "I'm an abomination" Clegane? Who BTW even if everyone is ignoring he's a zombie is also an admitted rapist and child murderer? That's the guy who gets to wear a seven pointed star on his chest?
>>
>>70331817
But he left King's Landing still loving her.
>>
>>70331861

obviously cause nobody sane or even insane wants to be the one to announce Jason he needs to fuck off
>>
>>70331861
That's why in the book, he's "Ser Robert Strong".
The show literally tried that shit for one episode, and then forgot, and started calling him The Mountain openly.
>>
File: 4.jpg (2 MB, 4500x2995) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
2 MB, 4500x2995
His armor looks pretty great though.
>>
>>70332006

That's because it's his dad's armour and was made back in season 1.
>>
>>70327984
This makes sense because show Cersei is actually a borderline decent person now.

Every scene she's had since her arrest has had an oddly heroic tinge to it.
>>
>>70332108
>Every scene she's had since her arrest has had an oddly heroic tinge to it.
Which is such shit.
I guess you can't have a woman be a villain anymore
>>
>>70332108
Disgusting. Hopefully her son dies horribly so she loses her mind and burns the damn place to the ground.
>>
>>70332189
Which will happen in the books, but the TV show will somehow make it seem like she's heroically denying the city from the evil Faith
>>
>>70332145
You mean besides her antagonist in the story and the Sand Snakes?
>>
>>70330735
...He didn't fly so good
>>
>>70332108
Before SHAAAAME Cersei always had this amazing ability to be likeable for very short bursts. Like when she gave her speech about when she first saw Joffrey as a baby, or when she threatened to have Pycelle fed to dogs because he wouldn't leave a girl alone.

Also I distinctly remember a scene where Margarey is taunting her about how much she bangs Tommen, and it was really jarring because at that point Margarey was treated as a much more positive in general character than Cersei, but Cersei just stood there with a pained smile on her face as she was insulted over, and over, and over again and it eventually became like "HOLY SHIT CERSEI JUST KILL THE BITCH ALREADY"
>>
>>70332108
I think that's only because this whole season has been based around injustices happening to her and she's been stripped of all her power. So she's basically the underdog vowing her revenge on the people who fucked her over and protecting her child from them.
>>
>>70327984
ITT: a television adaptation is different from the books it's based on
>>
>>70328162
>Raping his sister.

Uh, what?
>>
>>70333408
THIS IS NEWS
>>
>>70328056
wow are you retarded for even taking the time to type that
>>
>>70328633
lol no
>>
>>70333408
Good. I'm tired of bookfags and their insufferable obnoxiousness with how "x scene was better in the book" and "actually y won't happen, here's what happens next in the book".

I don't care about the god damn books. If I did I would read them. I'm glad it's diverging. I hope that fat fuck dies before he finishes the book and Benioff and Weiss finish GoT however the fuck they want.

>select all images with mountains
>The Mountain confirmed for crushing Cersei's enemies into dust later this season
>>
>>70331490
Well after Cersei kills all the Tyrells what else was he to do?
>>
Book Cersei is so horrifying as a person that they made her character more sympathetic.

There is nothing about Book Cersei that is even slightly likeable. She's as bad as Joffrey, and even more incompetent. She even gives the entire naval fleet to a bastard that doesn't like the Lannisters, and then he fucks off and becomes a Pirate King.
>>
>>70333706
Book Cersei gets mad Robert fucked a woman too close to Casterly Rock so has the twin bastards she gives birth to killed and then has the woman sold into slavery.
>>
>>70327984

Show Cersei hasn't really mistreated him other than fucking Lancel. He on the other hand raped her next to the corpse of their dead son, so I am wondering why Cersei doesn't tell him to fuck off.
>>
I'm starting to think DnD are superior storytellers to the fatman, and I hope he dies before the rest of the books come out so the insufferable bookfags have to deal with the show's last couple seasons and ending.
>>
>>70333823
He didn't rape her.
>>
>>70328056

>making the king fight
that's retarded
>making the kingsguard fight the king
nigga....
>>
>>70328056

Why would Tommen ever agree to this?
>>
>>70333911
In case you haven't noticed, Tommen may quite possibly be the dumbest fuck in Westeros.
>>
>>70333883

Yeah dungeons and dragons intended it to be consentual but Cersei literally says no repeatedly as it's going on
>>
>>70328056
Tommen kills himself by jumping out of a window.
>>
>>70332219
sandsneks are pretty antagonizing
>>
>>70333746
She's also utterly convinced from day 1 that the only reason Eddard left Winterfell to be the Hand to Robert was because he was plotting to overthrow him and take over as the king.

Book Cersei is literally completely incapable of understanding the concept of friendship, and even when Eddard flat out tells her that he only came along out of duty and really just wants to go home, she thinks he's lying.

Book Cersei is a fucking wackjob. She makes Joffrey and Viserys seem like entirely rational, lucid people.
>>
>>70333963

Perhaps but there are two outcomes to this ridiculous scenario:

He dies
His mother is found guilty (and condemned to death?)

What possible reason would he have to agree to this scenario?
>>
>>70328035
>Khaleesi is fucked
Great job outing yourself as a piece of shit normie showfag.
>>
>>70333963
Robin is worse. Tommen has no balls and doesn't know what to do because he grew up expecting to live in his older brother's shadow without any real responsibilities and now the two people that could've mentored him properly are gone.

Robin is borderline retarded. He grew up sort've like Tommen despite the fact that he was the only heir and his mother babied him worse, breastfeeding him for like 10 years. He still can't shoot a bow after a couple years of training, is basically is just a puppet for littlefinger, and still really only cares about the damn moon door.
>>
you are all fags and have literally thee plebest taste in existence. get off the internet please
>>
File: Barra.png (158 KB, 300x311) Image search: [Google]
Barra.png
158 KB, 300x311
>>70327984

Cersei orders the death of this infant Barra but D&D changed it so Joffrey did it.
>>
>>70334119
I don't even watch the show and I know you're faggot
>>
>>70334233

Much like how they changed Selyse burning Shireen to Stannis doing it lol. They always make men kill children cause mothers would never do such a thing. They always whitewash mother characters desu
>>
>>70334401
i remember my first day making things up on the internet
>>
File: Bran-and-Jaime.png (224 KB, 558x442) Image search: [Google]
Bran-and-Jaime.png
224 KB, 558x442
>>70333978
its like pottery
>>
>>70327984
the only thing i care about is the hound coming back
>>
>>70334742
It will actually be Timelord Bran who drives him to suicide by continously weirwood whispering "kill yourself fagit" to Tommen
>>
>>70329431
they heavily hinted the hound is still alive during that scene where arya recites her list of names to the waif

also the actor that plays the monk guy in the gravedigger theory already confirmed he brings the hound back to life in an interview
>>
>"JUST"
>start adopting the same retard-speak as some other anonymous shitposter just cuz lol

I'll never understand it. How are you that much of a mindless fucking sheep?
>>
>>70334855
>Bran can just time travel to when and wherever he wants with no hear tree

fucking lame as shit. why do they even have Gods Woods then?
>>
>>70335274
you have unknowingly JUST yourself my friend. soon the failure will start creeping in. there is no escape
>>
>>70335274
>i'm new to the internet
>>
File: 1464143085800.jpg (140 KB, 317x961) Image search: [Google]
1464143085800.jpg
140 KB, 317x961
The got writers and directors are for the most part, retarded.
>>
>>70328035
>Arya's is fucked

You can't blame Braavos on anyone but GRRM anon.
>>
>>70329431
C
O
N
F U C K I N G
I
R
M
E
D
>>
>>70328408
no it ain't

high sparrow has the king wrapped around his cock, making him die against cersei would accomplish little
>>
I don't care if his character is ruined, I want him to fucking penetrate me :3

>>70327984
>>
>>70327984
He says he's never fucked anyone but his sister at one point in the show. Something about being more loyal to her than someone is to their lover/master/w/e. Meanwhile Cersi has taken over 100 dicks or something.
His shit is so cucked up. But then there's a lot of cuckoldry in GoT. He cucked Robert. Sam is cucking himself for some reason because he wants to fuck wildling retard Cassie again.
>>
>>70335683
Rhaegar cucked Bobby, Jaime cucked Bobby, Cersei cucked Jaime, Margaery cucked Cersei, Stannis cucked Margaery, Melisandre Cucked Stannis
>>
>>70332108
I honestly find tv Cersei to be better character than book Cersei. One of the few characters that they seemed to have actually done a decent job with.
>>
>>70333965
She's says no a few times and 'this is wrong' but then stops saying now and embraces him and kisses him back on the floor. That's not rape. It's a bit fucked up but not rape. Hysterical feminist that sees rape in xer cereal pls go.
>>
>>70327984
>tfw Jaime will only visit Riverrun and not all the other rebellious castles of the Riverlands
>>
>>70327984
Well, it has to do a lot with the fact that daddy is not around anymore to control those 2 freaks...

When Lannister Sr. got shoot, kids had their tripfield
>>
>>70333963

give him a break, the boy is 10 years old, i bet you were even more retarded at that age
>>
>>70336207
First one, obnoxious one, he was the king Westros needed but didnt want
>>
>>70332006
>no gloves
>no helmet
>huge chest gaps

lel
>>
>>70328056
That's just fucking dumb. It's already leaked that Tommen is going kill himself, you are better off speculating why.

My guesses are either Margery dying or Margery exposing her true nature as a manipulative cunt just like Cersei.
>>
>>70333408

Not quite since from here on out, the books are the adaptation.
>>
In the dawn light, the army of Lord Tywin Lannister unfolded like an iron horse, thorns gleaming.

His uncle would lead the center. Ser Kevan had raised his standards above the kingsroad. Quivers hanging from their belts, the foot archers arrayed themselves into three long lines, to east and west of the road, and stood calmly stringing their bows. Between them, pikemen formed squares; behind were rank on rank of men-at-arms with spear and sword and axe. Three hundred heavy horse surrounded Ser Kevan and the lords bannermen Lefford, Lyden, and Serrett with all their sworn retainers.

The right wing was all cavalry, some four thousand men, heavy with the weight of their armor. More than three quarters of the knights were there, massed together like a great steel fist. Ser Addam Marbrand had the command. Tyrion saw his banner unfurl as his standard-bearer shook it out; a burning tree; orange and smoke. Behind him flew Ser Flement's purple unicorn, the brindled boar of Crakehall, the bantam rooster of Swyft, and more.

His lord father took his place on the hill where he had slept. Around him, the reserve assembled; a huge force, half mounted and half foot, five thousand strong. Lord Tywin almost always chose to command the reserve; he would take the high ground and watch the unfold below him, committing his forces when and where they were needed most.
>>
Even from afar, his lord father was resplendent. Tywin Lannister's battle armor put his son Jaime's gilded suit to shame. His greatcloak was sewn from countless layers of cloth-of-gold, so heavy that it barely stirred even when he charged, so large that its drape covered most of the stallion's hindquarters when he took the saddle. No ordinary clasp would suffice for such a weight, so the greatcloak was held in place by a matched pair of miniature lionesses crouching on his shoulders, as if poised to spring. Their mate, a male with a magnificent mane, reclined atop Lord Tywin's greathelm, one paw raking the air as he roared. All three lions were wrought in gold, with ruby eyes. His armor was heavy steel plate, enameled in a dark crimson, greaves and gauntlets inlaid with ornate gold scrollwork. His rondels were golden sunbursts, all his fastenings were gilded, and the red steel was burnished to such a high sheen that it shone like fire in the light of the rising sun.
>>
>>70336886
They will cgi add it in to the remaster
>>
>>70337017
nice
>>
>>70331564
>mememememememe.
>>
>>70328056
>implying it is anything other than cleganebowl
>>
File: Brian of Tarth.png (194 KB, 600x370) Image search: [Google]
Brian of Tarth.png
194 KB, 600x370
>>70328035
>All the character arcs are fucked.

This.

Jew & Jew totally fucked this show to comic proportions.

>Fart
>>
>>70337226
Every episode bar the first of this season has had a (farts)
>>
File: Me and my GF.jpg (99 KB, 540x693) Image search: [Google]
Me and my GF.jpg
99 KB, 540x693
>>70337316
>You know, I've been watching GoT since the beginning, and up until now, I thought it was missing something, but I didn't know what....
>...but then it hit me: fart jokes.
>The dick jokes were timeless, and already put this show in a new category of greatness...what with the entire "cock merchant" spiel. BRILLIANT!
>But then the masters of creativity sealed the legacy of this show with that incredible scene in the small council where the Lannister clan walks in with the mountain, and then.......genius happens
>(farts)
>I cheered from my couch!
>THEY DID IT! THOSE MAGNIFICENT BASTARDS!
>But then, they did it AGAIN in the next episode! (farts) And AGAIN in the episode after that! (farts)
>Surely, there will never be another show as well crafted and executed as the master series known as Game of Thrones.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.