[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good documentaries on Big Foot? >in b4 "b-but Sasquatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 17
File: bigfoot_skullc.jpg (49 KB, 390x355) Image search: [Google]
bigfoot_skullc.jpg
49 KB, 390x355
Any good documentaries on Big Foot?

>in b4 "b-but Sasquatch can't into REAL!"

Then you have ten seconds to explain the more than 400 sightings of Bigfoot in America alone since its founding.
>>
>400 "sightings"
>has never been captured or photographed up close
Are you retarded?

Does he just run away from these people? He's always pictured walking slow and lazily.
Why can't they catch him?

Maybe because he's a hoax.
>>
>>70326367
Country full of gullible idiots like you.
>>
If Bigfoot isn't real, why does Les Stroud believe it exists?
>>
>>70326367
There is some precedent for what's called the North American Wood Ape. Small population, in the upper northwest, possibly in the Washington mountains/forests and may be nocturnal or just hidden/actively avoiding humans, not that there are many there anyway.

With a small population of like 50 individuals unless a large group of people were in that forest, which is giant, all the time, you'd basically never see one.
>>
What's with Americans and their retarded urban mythology? Why would an enormous giant monkey man dwell in a forest? Is it not more reasonable that it could be a bear or something like that?
>>
>>70326712
>With a small population of like 50 individuals
That's never survive for very long.

If it was bigger in the past, why weren't there encounters then?
Surely some native tribe would have had a Big Foot pelt or something. Something to suggest to the West that there was something other humans in the forest.
>>
>Then you have ten seconds to explain the more than 400 sightings of Bigfoot in America alone since its founding.
People are dumb or they just like to tell tall tales. News at 11.
>>
>>70326836
>Is it not more reasonable that it could be a bear or something like that?
It likely is a bear.
Bears are plantigrage, like us. When they walk on their back legs, they look like a weird furry human.
Some sights were likely a bear walking upright.

It does happen.

https://youtu.be/kcIkQaLJ9r8?t=3s

Doesn't that look like bigfoot
>>
File: harry and the hendersons.jpg (105 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
harry and the hendersons.jpg
105 KB, 500x707
>>70326367
>>
>>70326976
That bear is the spookiest thing I've ever fucking seen.
>>
>>70326999
Did they even have makeup for Ron Perlman or did he just let his beard grow out?
>>
>>70326999
I cry every time Lithgow yells at Harry an tells him to leave...
>>
>>70326712
Where are the bones?
>>
>>70327079
>Shut up, cunt
Yeah, it was a little harsh
>>
It'd be novel to discover that the sasquatch is real, but odds are strongly against it. No fur caught on trees, no dead ones found, no spoor or signs of habitation... In a world chock full of motion cams, heat cams, and GoPros, there should have been a definite sighting/discovery of one by now.
I always thought it'd be neat if they were real and lived in the canopies of redwood trees and it turned out we just weren't looking in the right spot.
>>
>>70326855
>That's never survive for very long.

Gorilla species that are in the 250s now have survived for 40 years.
>>
>>70327085
An advanced species such as Big Foots would bury their dead of course, dumb ass. They're not savages. So that's why there are no bones just laying around...Fucking moron.
>>
>>70326367
Hundreds of people claim to have seen Elvis after his death, I guess he's still alive right?

lrn2logic
>>
File: washington-state-forest.jpg (379 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
washington-state-forest.jpg
379 KB, 1280x853
>>70327085
Well, considering the size of the forests and the relatively few individuals of the species, you'd probably never see the bones.
>>
>>70327131
There are only two species of gorillas and both are made up of thousands of individuals.
Besides, people have in been in North America for thousands of years.
Civilization for hundreds.
And not single speck of evidence?
>>
>>70327085
>bones
In the Washington State Forests a group of people camping rarely sees common animal bones or common dead animals. Bears and deer are even not seen that often. Now imagine an animal with like 100 individuals. You just wouldn't ever see them. And the few people that do spot them would be disbelieved.
>>
>>70327142
So how come we don't find any graves, tools, or other evidences of culture?

>>70326712
>There is some precedent for what's called the North American Wood Ape
And that precedent is?
>>
>>70327142
We have found burial sites of other hominid species. Also why has there been no fossil evidence indicating any species of primate outside humans in North America
>>
>>70327179
Biologists go out there looking for animal bones all the time.
Grizzly bears would be a comparable animal and find bones of them.
>>
File: 3752416162_6322cf69ec_z.jpg (190 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
3752416162_6322cf69ec_z.jpg
190 KB, 473x500
>>70327195
>There are only two species of gorillas and both are made up of thousands of individuals.

Western gorilla:
Western lowland gorilla (G. g. gorilla),
Cross River gorilla (G. g. diehli)
Eastern gorilla:
Mountain gorilla (G. b. beringei)
Eastern lowland or Grauer’s gorilla (G. b. graueri)

The Cross River gorilla is currently the world’s rarest great ape, with a population of only around 250-300 restricted to a small area of highland forest on the border of Cameroon and Nigeria.

>>70327209
>And that precedent is?
Number of sightings, amount of large dense forests that just aren't explorable, land bridge that used to exist near it linking both continents, and more.
>>
>>70326367
>Then you have ten seconds to explain the more than 400 sightings of Bigfoot in America alone since its founding.

Americans are retarded?
>>
>>70327206
>Now imagine an animal with like 100 individuals
They'd be extinct with a few generations.
A population can never sustain itself with such small numbers.

That means that in the past they must have numbered in the thousands.
Why was there no contact when the population was that size?

Why do no tribes in the north west have a bigfoot as their totem?
No statues of them?
No stories? Just mythologies about wild men, but nothing about a real animal.
>>
>>70327299

Explain the Loch Ness monster euroshit.
>>
>>70327315
>They'd be extinct with a few generations.
>A population can never sustain itself with such small numbers.

That's completely wrong. Functional extinction can take thousands of years to occur if the animals are long lived and have strong genetics to begin with. 100 animals would be pretty strong for quite a while.
>>
>>70327259
You've listed 5 subspecies of gorilla but only two species.
Subspecies are barely recognized and can go "extinct" by being absorbed by a different population.
>>
>>70327315
>Why was there no contact when the population was that size?

There was. We have lots of names in Native American language for them. As well as a lot of other animals.
>>
>>70327343
Scots are drunk and retarded?
>>
>>70327353
A common way to decide is that organisms belonging to different subspecies of the same species are capable of interbreeding and producing fertile offspring, but they do not interbreed in nature due to geographic isolation or other factors.
>>
>>70327347
>if the animals are long lived
Long lived animals go extinct a lot faster because their reproductive rate is so low.
Look at all the other megafauna of the world.
The bigger they are, the faster they go extinct because the rate of repopulation is so slow that natural deaths accumulate much faster.
>>
>>70326976
Holy shit what the fuck.
If I hadn't read your post I'd think that was a mutant bear.
>>
>>70327422
>Long lived animals go extinct a lot faster because their reproductive rate is so low.

This isn't the case for apes, anon. Apes breed a lot and have a lot of young that live longer and are well protected/fit. A population of 100 animals living 30, or 40 years could sustain itself for a very long time, especially if breeding with parents and children occurred as well as with neighbors and neighbors children.
>>
>>70327417
So dogs in America are a separate subspecies to dogs in Europe?
>>
>>70327453
That depends. Did the dogs travel by land and were cut off by water, or did someone put them on a plane and take them there, you fucking idiot?

Of course dogs aren't geographically isolated when humans fucking own them, moron. I'm talking about wild animals.
>>
>>70327453
Dogs are a subspecies of wolf, not their own separate species.
>>
>>70326976
>https://youtu.be/kcIkQaLJ9r8?t=3s

This is seriously the creepiest thing I've seen in awhile. No clue why it bothers me so much.
>>
>>70327382
We have names of legendary creatures and monsters.
That's as much proof as proof of unicorns and dragons in Europe.

Like I said, many tribes in the pacific North West had a totemic belief system, hence the famous totem poles.
You can just about every type of animal on a totem somewhere.
But why no Big Foot?
The bear was thought to be special because of their similarities to humans.
Wouldn't a Big Foot be even more special and have an even greater place?
>>
>>70326836

>Why would an enormous giant monkey man dwell in a forest?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus
>>
>>70326999

Oh wow, I remember this movie!

The hardcore sex scene with the bigfoot and the wife (and later daughter, and then later dog) really caught me off guard. I mean, it's a kid's film for fuck's sake.

I heard it was unsimulated. Did they get an actual sasquatch for this?
>>
>>70327532
They all described large hairy uncivilized creatures that lived in the woods and were active at night.

That could just be a nocturnal ape, and easily exist.
>>
So it's worth mentioning that the coelacanth was told in myth and legend for a long fucking time and was just a rumored extinct fossil fish.

And then it was discovered, directly.

We discover rare, hidden species all the time. They just aren't common or very easy to find.
>>
>>70327617
>They all described large hairy uncivilized creatures that lived in the woods and were active at night.
That sounds like a boogeyman to me.
Is the Krampus real then?

They described demons and monsters, not real animals.
Real animals they worshipped and drew art of.
Find me Native art of Big Foot.
>>
>>70327532
>Wouldn't a Big Foot be even more special and have an even greater place?

They hold very special places for Big Foot, even calling them psychic and give them magical powers.

>>70327670
>demons and monsters

Except the Thunder Bird is now being examined as a real large bird.
>>
>>70327644
>So it's worth mentioning that the coelacanth was told in myth and legend for a long fucking time
Complete bullshit.
Coelacanth was known exclusively to the fossil record.
There were no "stories".
Why would Europeans have stories of an African fish?

The natives knew all about it. It was just another type of fish.
The issue is that there were no educated palaeontologists who studied fish in African fish markets.
Until there was.
>>
File: miss.jpg (109 KB, 485x260) Image search: [Google]
miss.jpg
109 KB, 485x260
most of the sightings are fake/unreliable.

But the facts for sasquatch and other humanoid apes are there. Even native americans have stories from thousands of years ago about them.

Right now its probably nearly an extinct species tho. that why its so hard to spot.
>>
>>70327719
>They hold very special places for Big Foot, even calling them psychic and give them magical powers.
That sounds like a demon to me.
>>
>>70327753
Native Americans didn't have demons you fucking idiot. Or Heaven, or Hell.
>>
>>70327719
>Except the Thunder Bird is now being examined as a real large bird.

You know cryptozoology isn't a real science right?
>>
I think theyve made a new one about the yeti?
>>
>>70327781
You know this isn't about cryptids, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teratornis

It's about actual birds that were giant as fuck and probably alive when Native Americans were writing shit about THUNDERBIRDS. It's worth noting they didn't just seem to make up random fucking animals and monsters without having some sort of actual place in nature.
>>
>>70326367

people fucking with other people
>>
File: 1459631059870.gif (948 KB, 400x262) Image search: [Google]
1459631059870.gif
948 KB, 400x262
>>70327802
>Native Americans were writing shit
>native americans
>writing
>>
File: 764959089.jpg (110 KB, 600x802) Image search: [Google]
764959089.jpg
110 KB, 600x802
THE best documentary

Shooting Bigfoot: America's Monster Hunters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPOXeluTSSQ
>>
ENOUGH ABOUT THAT BIOLOGY NON-SENSE.

Here's the evidence : a big ass Sasquatch and his minions of thunder sasquatch brothers that wants to assemble an old forgotten axe and take over the world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqfVDusfJbE
>>
>>70327777
Says Jesus quads
Someone is lying
>>
>>70327845
mfrn
>>
>>70326367
bamp for squatch docs.
>>
File: yeti.jpg (27 KB, 268x283) Image search: [Google]
yeti.jpg
27 KB, 268x283
Is he related to the Yeti?
>>
>>70327802
>12 foot wingspans
>giant as fuck
That's only marginally bigger than the Andean condor.
>>
>>70326836
>What's with Americans and their retarded urban mythology?

What's with Europeans and their retarded urban mythology? Why would an enormous giant water lizard dwell in a loch? Is it not more reasonable that it could be a toy submarine or something like that?
>>
>>70329485
American lake monsters actually predate Nessie
>>
Is there any essential /cryptid-core/?
>>
>>70329712
Mothman Prophecies
>>
>>70329731
>>
File: Sidehill-Gouger.jpg (446 KB, 697x1267) Image search: [Google]
Sidehill-Gouger.jpg
446 KB, 697x1267
>>70326836
Ever heard of Fearsome Critters?
That's where the really interesting stuff is at
>>
>>70327206
Yeah no, that excuse doesn't work. Grew up in an area with lots of deer and bear. I have stumbled across bones more than a few times. That whole excuse that you never find deer bones is what basement dwellers who don't go outside try to tell people.
>>
>>70327402
Rednecks as well
>>
>ITT Yuroshits jealous that they drove all the cool spooky shit out of their lands in their quest to their part of the continent completely urbanized IBG
>>
>>70326976

Awww, he's got sore paws.

:(
>>
File: patterson film.gif (4 MB, 1070x216) Image search: [Google]
patterson film.gif
4 MB, 1070x216
It has breasts
>>
>>70326976
https://i.imgur.com/IMDq6XU.gifv
>>
>>70327802
>Native Americans were writing

Bro. Native Americans, of all tribes, had no written language.

It's one of their major cultural retardation traits.
>millennia of development
>peak technology is a dream-catcher

Are you sure these are the humans you want to trust with historical data?
>>
A professor of mine claimed to have once seen a large, upright bipedal animal walking in the forest alongside a highway at least a hundred miles away from civilization in either canada or alaska.

I wonder if he actually did see something and what it was.
>>
>>70330129
Bear.
>>
File: gigantopithecus.jpg (64 KB, 400x588) Image search: [Google]
gigantopithecus.jpg
64 KB, 400x588
>>70326367

A successful breeding population of 8' tall 500 lb hominids could not exist in N.America without leaving ANY evidence of their existence.
>>
File: 1436397561470.png (875 KB, 968x745) Image search: [Google]
1436397561470.png
875 KB, 968x745
>>70327907
>>
>>70327907
Holy shit that's awesome
>>
>>70327719
>tfw I live in Thunder Bird territory.
must be one nearby cause we've had nonstop windy/stormy weather plus a tornado just this past week.
>>
What are some good movies about skinwalkers?
>>
I've lived in Washington for 25 years. I live in a small town in the shadow of the Cascades.

Everybody has a bigfoot story.

My father,uncle and I do lots of camping during the winter. Thats when they would be easiest to find in theory(tracks,breath,scat)

>they dont build fire
>they travel in groups
>they dont speak
>they throw rocks
>they hate dogs and will kill them
>they like children and women and will kidnap them
>avoid blackberry growths they lurk in those areas

I work security at a power plant and we get these "wild men" who run across our high tension wire clearings at night. We shoot at them too so I doubt its locals
>>
File: randy.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
randy.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
>>70327907
>This video contains content from Discovery Communications, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
>>
>>70330473
>wild men
wat?
>>
>>70330671
He's just pulling your chain.
If there were really people running across clearings at night, nigga'd take a video of it with a phone.

That's the surest proof that bigfoot doesn't exist.
Literally everyone has a video camera on themselves at all times.
And yet videos of monsters and ghosts haven't gone up.
>>
>>70330243
pls b in navasota?
>>
File: shaquille-oneal.jpg (252 KB, 462x670) Image search: [Google]
shaquille-oneal.jpg
252 KB, 462x670
>>70330214
>A successful breeding population of 8' tall 500 lb hominids could not exist in N.America without leaving ANY evidence of their existence.
>>
>>70330918
he must've worn her like a condom around the house
>>
File: cmon anon.png (14 KB, 720x497) Image search: [Google]
cmon anon.png
14 KB, 720x497
>>70329597
>>
>>70327259
>Number of sightings, amount of large dense forests that just aren't explorable, land bridge that used to exist near it linking both continents, and more.
Those are literally not precedents.
>>
>>70326976
>bears are better bipeds than chimps
neat
>>
>>70330744
North Dakota actually.
we just got the internet last week. plz no bully
>>
>>70327907
Pure Squatchkino
>>
File: BoggyCreek.jpg (154 KB, 986x1500) Image search: [Google]
BoggyCreek.jpg
154 KB, 986x1500
>>70332424
>Squatchkino
>>
>>70330473
>avoid blackberry growths

Man, wild blackberries are like the best thing about Washington.
>>
>>70326367
SQUATCHBRO! We need to stand together.
>>
>>70326675
Underrated statement.
Les is literally the most unaware, fuck up of the survival show stars. If he's seen a bigfoot, I believe it.
>>
>>70326976
he's so cute bros
>>
>thread about squatchkino
>not a single mention of Willow Creek

Kill yourself, my man
>>
Yeah
>>
>>70330200
I don't remember the details, but I'm pretty sure he thought it looked like a large human. But yeah, possibly.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.