[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did it fail?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 23
File: The_Amazing_Spider-Man_2.jpg (355 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The_Amazing_Spider-Man_2.jpg
355 KB, 1920x1080
why did it fail?
>>
>>70310854
It didn't. It made millions
>>
>>70310854
Focused more on planning 2 sequels instead of the current movie, on top of that thinking a "spiderman cinematic universe" would work

Jaime Foxx as electro

Itsy bitsy spider and "FOR YOUUUU"

poorly handled death and ending
>>
Spider-Man 3 syndrome
>>
>>70310854
the villains were laughable
>>
>>70310934
What was the best Spiderman villain?
>>
>>70310891

A Spidey movie should make at least a billion nowadays.
>>
Cause it's an ugly and incoherent movie, you'd know this if you actually liked film as an artform.
>>
>>70310950
Carnage
He's pure chaotic evil and gives no fucks
Also his simbionte takes shapes of axes, swords, Spears or any Blade. It's fucking awesome.
>>
>>70310854
Disney paid off the critics
>>
>>70310854
It well full blown BvS.
>>
>>70310854
This is one of my all time fav super hero films.

No idea why it gets hate.

I am so fucking pissed at Sony for cancelling the 3rd movie
>>
>>70311209
What the fuck.
>>
>>70310854
So bad not even contrarians will defend it
>>
>>70310958
It's not fresh anymore
Spidey Has been milked so much on every single media, people are being too exposed by him all the time, that when a movie comes you act like "ugh.. another one"
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>70310854
Isn't that the question of the day?
>>
>>70311179
WRONG ANSWER!
>>
>>70311230
Fuck off. Amazing spiderman 2 is a 9/10 film to me.

The new goblin design was amazing and so was the actor who played him.

Now we will never get to see the 3rd big battle film which would have armed all the villains together in the biggest battle ever. Way bigger than kiddy civil war.

Fuck you Disney for buying spiderman
>>
>>70310854
Bad casting

And unrelatable peter
>>
>>70310966
I hate the first ASM but love this one.

Only seen i hated was the montage with that annoying pop song
>>
Nigger Electro
>>
>>70311366
Fuck you the casting was GOAT tire
>>70311286
He was absolutely brilliant. If you havent seen Chronicle then please do
>>
I didn't have high expectations when I went to watch it so I actually enjoyed it for what it was.

Dubstep fighting was fun as hell to watch.

it was sexy when Peter and Gwen Stacy were sneaking around avoiding the guards.

Comparing it to MCU is cancerous thinking, compare it to the Raimi spidermen if anything.

I'll give this a hard 6. Raimi's Spiderman 2 I would give a soft 7 for comparison's sake
>>
Wasn't Electro's motivation "Spiderman didn't recognized me"?
>>
>>70311436
The casting was horrendous as hell
>>
>>70311466
No it wasnt u fucking idiot
>>
>>70311395
>seen

No wonder you like it, how's middle school?
>>
>>70311503
You're a fucking idiot if you love this garbage movie that much
>>
>>70311457
He was a loner who wanted spiderman to recognize him yes.

Pantera's guitarist was shot by a crazy fan who was a loner who had voices in his head so this story idea is realistic
>>
>>70311352
Focus your troll energies elsewhere. Spidey 5 was dogshit
>>
>>70310854
Jamie fox can't act worth a shit
>>
File: i'm laughing at you.jpg (12 KB, 202x249) Image search: [Google]
i'm laughing at you.jpg
12 KB, 202x249
>>70311352
>Amazing spiderman 2 is a 9/10 film to me.
You're even dumber than the manchildren who think MCU movies are brilliant.
>>
>>70311547
DONTCHA KNOW
IM ELECTRO
>>
>>70311528
You're a fucking idiot if you prefer Force Awakens over this
>>
>>70311246

You may have a point. There was only a 5 year gap between the reboot and SM3 while Batman Begins came out 8 years after Forever. Homecoming will shed some light on this. People seemed to love him in Civil War.
>>
>>70311352
Theres no way youre serious.
>>
File: spider-man hits cop.jpg (356 KB, 768x1583) Image search: [Google]
spider-man hits cop.jpg
356 KB, 768x1583
Peter's parents and their spy bullshit no one cares about.

Jamie Foxx, his terrible portrayal of Electro and the stupidest motivations for turning villain ever.

Paul Giamatti's Rhino.

Dennis Leary's Ghost Dad bullcrap

Peter breaking up with Gwen because he promised Ghost Dad

Gwen's Oxford bullshit plotline

Gwen and her stupid ass shit reason to tag along to Spider-Man's last fight because she knows how to pull down a fucking lever.

Harry Osborn's hamfisted friendship to Peter.

Norman Osborn's bullshit death.

That's only off the top of my head.
>>
>>70311436
Good actors don't make the cast good.
Cast was garbage.
>>
>>70311352
>amazing spiderman 2
>9/10
I've seen few taste as shit as this
>>
>>70311569
And it's always the same story
>muh high school
>muh responsability
>muh bullies
>muh MJ
>muh half assed developed villain
>muh JJJ paying me less than I deserve
>>
File: Doctor_Octopus_2004_film[1].jpg (47 KB, 446x441) Image search: [Google]
Doctor_Octopus_2004_film[1].jpg
47 KB, 446x441
>>70310950
>What was the best Spiderman villain?

What a silly question.

It's widely known that Alfred Molina as Doc Ock is the GOAT and has never been matched as a Spider-Man villain

William Defoe gets a close second because he really relished and had fun with the role
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 720x480
Reminder
>>
>>70311605
Yes. This is way better than Civil War
>>
isn't that the question of the day
>>
>>70310854
They cast a filthy nigger in a role that is white, niggers ruin everything.
>>
File: 1462483411237.jpg (72 KB, 535x465) Image search: [Google]
1462483411237.jpg
72 KB, 535x465
>didn't even make $1 Trillion
Why did it bomb so hard?
>>
File: 1455234110930.png (212 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1455234110930.png
212 KB, 500x333
>>70311209
>>70311352
>>70311436
>>70311503
>>
>>70311567
Man, you ASM2 faggots are hilariously desperate. TFA was no masterpiece but at least that shit had a decent plot. ASM2 is a disjointed mess that makes Spider-Man 3 look good.
>>
>>70311694
Theres no need to compare it to any other film.
The new spiderman trilogy got cancelled for a reason. Because it was That fucking bad.

Probably the worst superhero movies in many years. Couldnt even finish it so painful it was to Watch.

And I watched clash of the titans entirely.
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 1349x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 1349x1500
Reminder that millions were spent on this.
>>
>>70311610
Harry being able to perfectly fly the glider with no past experience.

Harry's Goblin in general.

Zimmer's score.

Having a room full of the Sinister Six's equipment.

Rushing to get to the SS movie.

Andrew Garfield as Peter.

Peter's parents somehow have Sony laptops when they weren't even created yet.
>>
>>70311652
that was literally the worst way they could possibly do doc ock.
Alfred Molina is great, but having him being controlled by his arms undermines him a lot, he is just a crazy madman.
In the comics he is a great scientific mind with an inferiority complex and a hate for his collegues, which leads him to a life of crime since he is ridiculed by the scientific community. He is also prone to rash decisions due to rage.
Point is his greatest weapon is his mind, not his arms. Setting him up as controlled by an AI made him a lot less interesting.
>>
Reminder that the reputation this movie has is mostly because MCUcks boycotted and nitpicked this movie just so Marvel would get the rights to Spiderman back from Fox for free
>>
>>70311352
Daily reminder that Dane DeHaan is confirmed to shitpost on /tv/.

This anon is likely him.

This has happened before.
>>
>>70311873
>Marvel would get the rights to Spiderman back from Fox for free
>fox
>>
>>70311819
Peter's father able to upload a big ass file while a plane is falling to the ground. In the 90s.
>>
It was a sorry mess with no direction.

The costume and the moves were the best Spidey ever though.
>>
>>70311879
C L A S S I C
L
A
S
S
I
C
>>
>>70311824
It's cool if you prefer the comic version of Doc Ock but I prefer the movie version. In the comics he was a pretty cliche "BWAHAHAHA I'M EVIL" mad scientist. Raimi turned him into a tragic character and I think that made him more interesting.
>>
>>70311933
Shut up Dane. Your best role was A Place Beyond the Pines, you will likely never top that. Your carreer is going down the drain.
>>
File: 1025588-electro032.jpg (16 KB, 320x241) Image search: [Google]
1025588-electro032.jpg
16 KB, 320x241
>>70311788
So much better than this.
>>
YMS's review is pretty spot on. Check that out if you want reasons.
>>
>>70311873
Hello Sony, shouldn't you be doing Ghostbusters damage control right now?
>>
>>70310854
first of all it didn't.
secondly, it wasn't even that bad. The only major problem I had with it was the stupid fucking dubstep whispering soundtrack @times square, dubstep power plant (complete with music equalizer effects on the pylons, gimme a fucking break what is electro some sort of DJ) and the way too corny web/hand. Other than that I walked out feeling alright.
>>
it was made by sony, whose movie team are the biggest empty suits in the business.

please tell me the last sony film you think was critically and commercially successful
>>
>>70311567
You're a fucking idiot if you think Sony's bullshit is in anyway better than Disney's bullshit. Disney tend to be very formulaic but at least their movies have coherent plots where characters have proper motivations and arcs. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a disaster in almost every way. I would go on and on about how awful it is but >>70311610 and >>70311819 already did.
>>
>>70311873
>from Fox
Why should anyone believe anything you say anon?
>>
>>70312088
>the way too corny web/hand

the what?
>>
>>70311721
This is some pretty awful damage control, shill. It's a well known fact that ASM2 underperformed.
>>70311873
How is that a bad thing? Sony has been raping Spidey ever since Arad forced Raimi to shove Venom into SM3.
>>
File: ghost_dad_gallery_1.jpg (330 KB, 799x445) Image search: [Google]
ghost_dad_gallery_1.jpg
330 KB, 799x445
>>70311610
>Ghost Dad
That would've been something huh
>>
>>70312088
>first of all it didn't.
It was a miserable failure in every way. Critics tore it to shreds and it made far less than Sony was expecting.
>>
>>70312196
>this butthurt over a joke
>>
>>70311563

HE HATES A-ME
ELECTRICITY
VIRGINITY
>>
>>70312304
>it was just a joke bro!
:^)
>>
>>70311819
>Having a room full of the Sinister Six's equipment.

This one is exceptionally retarded and lazy. You're telling me Norman Osborne has a room full of fully tailored, customized super suits with their own supervillain names ready to go? When none of those characters have been established or introduced? They're in such a rush to get a cinematic universe going, they're just shoving shit in at the last minute. Similar to the DCU trailer scene in BvS.

They should have continued the story of the TASM games, where Oscorp is still experimenting with human/animal hybrids after the Lizard. It had neat villain redesigns and it was something we hadn't seen a hundred times. It also built the perfect intro up for Kraven (voiced by Steve Blum unfortunately). Pretty sad when a bunch of nobody video game writers can take your shitty movie and make the world interesting.
>>
It was such a weird amalgamation of classic Spidey comics and bizarre attempts at originality. I enjoyed stuff like Spider-man having webshooters and Rhino being in a mechanical suit, but then they had Jamie Foxx falling into a tank of eels to turn into Electronic. What kind of bizarre crap is that?
>>
>>70310854
Sony finds a way to fuck up every movie they get involved with. I liked TASM2 more than most though. I found the relationships between Peter, Gwen and Harry pretty involving by capeshit standards, and the action scenes looked nice.
>>
>>70312327
Get a sense of humor, you autist.
>>
>three antagonists in one film

Why?
>>
everyone is fucking tired of the spiderman origin story.
Also electric nigger.
Also sony fucking sucks
>>
>>70312097
>please tell me the last sony film you think was critically and commercially successful
The new ghostbusters, or do you hate women.
>>
>>70312726
That's not even the issue.
>>
>>70311352
You're not even trying now 0/10

your bait post sequel was just as shit as amazing Spider-Man's sequel
>>
>>70311528
I think you're the fucking idiot taking that niggers bait.

>inb4 I was only pretending.
>>
>>70311824
>dude make him a crazy mad man

what like every other 50000000 villains
>>
>>70312677
Okay, shill. :^)
>>
>>70311352
Sony must have given you a pretty good check if you still shilling for it after 2 years of it being released
>>
Itty bitty web hand
>>
>>70311984
Did you just read the first few issues of spiderman from the 60s or what? He is a lot more than that.
That's like saying Chameleon is just a communist spy, when he had one of the most tragic developments and deaths in the spiderman mythos before they brought him back for absolutely no reason to never do anything relevant again.
Raimi's Doc Ock is just tragic in that he got an accident that made him crazy, he doesen't have a real overarching plan outside of fucking shit up.
>>70313039
I was describing what happens in spiderman 2 you fucking retard. The AI takes control of him and he goes crazy. He is a far more interesting character in the comics in that he is able to use his brain to plan shit, in fact he rarely ends up confronting spiderman directly. In the movie he is just crazy
>>
How I summarized the movie to my friend:

So Electro is basically a dorky engineer with low self esteem and a cunt mother who he still lives with hates him and he's obsessed with Spidey and the attention he gets. One day Spidey saves him as he's chasing pre-Rhino for vials of some chemical and says that he matters or some shit. Gwen graduates and gives a speech about whatever that Peter misses cause of the chase and they break up because he's haunted by images of Gwen's dad. He stalks her and shit and Harry arrives and his dad is dying of some disease he had all his life and gives him a usb with all of his life's work before dying. Harry is sort of like a more aggressive Emo Peter from SM3.

Meanwhile, due to some assholes he works with Electro has to fix some cable and he loses his balance and falls into a tank of genetically modified electric eels. They attack him, and he mutates into a living electric generator. Peter tries being friends with Gwen, but gets heartbroken when she says she's gong to England for College and they might not see each other for a while. Electro wakes up and freaks the fuck out and heads to Times Square and freaks people out so Spidey shows up and because of his kindness earlier and him forgetting for a second who Electro was and the Moron NYPD firing on him he thinks Spder-Man has betrayed him and attacks Spidey, but gets taken out. They lock him up with Mad Scientist Wacko who torments Electro and tortures him for his sadistic fun.
>>
>>70313868
Meanwhile, the disease that took years to kill his father suddenly starts causing Harry to die faster for whatever reason and he believes that Spider-man's blood will cure him so he asks Pete to set up a meeting. Pete shows up dressed as Spidey and instead of explaining why it's a terrible idea, he says no and takes off. This pisses Harry off and now he hates Spidey, and then gets Norman'd from the first Raimi as his board members have him thrown out for the Electro incident.Pre Black Cat is his assistant Deus Ex Machina's him info about stuff his father made.

He frees Electro with the promise of revenge on Spidey if he helps him break into Oscorp
Once there he finds a exo suit and venom from the genetically altered spiders and injects himself with it and it mutates him into this:
>>
>>70313905
Pete finds more secrets hidden by his dad which lead him to a secret underground subway car bunker with working tvs with a video message. He explains they bailed at the beginning of 1 because he didnt want Norman to use his research. Also at some point it shows them die on the plane and that message was recorded right before the crash.

Gwen tells him she's been accepted and IS leaving and theres a few awkward scenes before he puts a giant I lover you in webbing and they kiss on the bridge she dies in in the comics and he says he'll move with her.
Electro causes a second blackout and Gwen follows him even after he webs her to a police car. They team up to overload Electro to death in a power plant
>>
File: cens_gwen.jpg (137 KB, 1000x641) Image search: [Google]
cens_gwen.jpg
137 KB, 1000x641
>>70311366
are you saying a hip, athletic, super intelligent, cool, popular, and attractive spidey that already has the hottest girl imaginable from the very beginning ISN'T relatable?

Cus that's totally my life.
>>
>>70313935
Chronicle-Gobbie shows up and sees Gwen, and because he knows Peter is dating her, guesses that Pete is Spider-man. He kidnaps her and fles to a clock tower nearby(NYC has TONS of them near Power Plants I guess) and they fight as she dangles in damsel in distress
He beats Harry just as Gwen falls off the giant gear and Pete dives after her and shoots some webbng at her. He stops her but not quick enough and her head smacks off the ground and she dies (even with the shit movie iit's still sad)
5 months later Harry is somehow normal again and in prison. The Shadow Guy from the end of one shows up to chat wit him and walks by a bunch of tech for a Sinister 6 spin-off. He breaks Pre-Rhino out of jail and gives him a badass Rhino suit and sets him loose on NYC
>>
I liked this Spiderman more than the Raimi one.
Shame the rest of the movie is shit.
>>
>>70313979
Meanwhile, Pete hangs up his suit and becomes a recluse in his grief. Somehow he gets a voicemail of Gwen's speech from the beginning and he becomes Spider-Man once again. Pumped up for the epic battle ahead, he saves a little boy dresses as Spidey(the boy as well as himself) and dodges attacks like in the trailer, webs up a manhole cover and it cuts to black before impact

THE END

The plot was weak and the concepts are garb

Should have had Harry leave to find a cure, remove electro entirely and show the Rhino vs Spidey

Hopefully Marvel doesnt fuck up Homecoming
>>
>>70311540
>a crazy person with severe mental illness
>NERDY brilliant scientist with no mental illness other than anxiety.

It's not exactly believable.
>>
>>70313996
Why, exactly?

Because the actor isn't as silly or goofy looking as tobey maguire?

Tobey makes a great spidey because he is exactly what spidey is suppose to be. The other guy is the exact fucking opposite and a complete mismatch for the character.

I remember when the first Amazing Spiderman came out. My female coworkers were all "Yeah this guy is so much cuter. I like him so much", and it's like bitches, you missed the fucking point completely.
>>
>>70311899
>>70312108
Marvel is so cucked I forget which studios own their most profitable IPs. Simple mistake
>>
>>70311873
I don't give any fucks about marvel.

You are delusional.
>>
>>70310854
>>70310854

>Look at cast
>Jamie Foxx

LOL

No wonder. That closet cuck got lucky once and it went to his head like he was the next big thing.

Bitch also started ranting about SJW bullshit and guns when his movies were a violence fest.

Never cast Jamie FOxx unless the role requires a black person to play it.
>>
>>70314331
Because Peter Parker is not supposed to be silly or goofy, actually.
He's a smartass, he's constantly cracking jokes, even when he's Peter Parker he's only a nerd in the beginning, as soon as Flash can't bully him anymore he starts getting more confident.
I'm no massive Spiderman fan, but I've read some of his comics when I was a kid and not even once I thought that he was a lame nerd.
That's why I never liked how Tobey Maguire portrayed it in all the movies.
In the first one is okay, that was perfect, however, once he's used to having superpowers he stops being timid and insecure, he botched the character in the second and third movies in my opinion.
>>
>>70313935
>Gwen tells him she's been accepted and IS leaving and theres a few awkward scenes before he puts a giant I lover you in webbing and they kiss on the bridge she dies in in the comics and he says he'll move with her.

On a side note, how amazing would it be to see An American Spider-Man in London?

Some British villain like Tea Destroyer or The Dentist......
>>
>>70313741
>he doesen't have a real overarching plan
Did you not watch the movie? His plan is to complete the fusion power project. He didn't want his life's work to be completely wasted.
>>
Marc Webb, who is a hack, literally got the role just because he had Web in his name.

How is Sony even still around with the decisions they've made?
>>
>>70314473
>i dont read comics but yes i completely know the characterization of peter parker over the years. yes i definitely know exactly how peter parker is supposed to act yes i do, hes supposed to be the confident smart-aleck gary stu because i said so haha.
>>
File: jjj.png (98 KB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
jjj.png
98 KB, 280x210
Failed because no JJJ
>>
>>70314651
He is right though, it is you who has never read a Spidey comic, you fag.
>>
>>70314693
Marvel needs to cast him
>>
>>70314651
I've literally said how I've read some of his comics, and the characterization made by Tobey Maguire is simply incorrect past the first movie.
Peter Parker is all but insecure and timid by the time he's in university.
>>
>>70314473
Oh ok so you don't know fuck about the character.

Even though you don't know fuck all you still made the claim "Peter Parker he's only a nerd in the beginning" which isn't true AT ALL of the Peter Parker of Amazing Spiderman. He wasn't a nerd in that at all. He had trendy clothing, hip hair, was athletic, and already hat the girl.

But keep spouting bullshit. That's cool too.
>>
>>70314740
>not big spiderfan
>I've read some of his comics as a kid
>as a kid

People that say "yeah I read some of the comics as a kid" really mean to say "I knew of the character as a kid and might have glimpsed a few panels every now and then."

And how you talk about it that's clearly the case.
>>
>>70311824
>In the comics

Stopped reading there. Opinion disregarded aswell.
>>
>>70314775
Peter Parker is a nerd always, but he's not always timid and insecure, that's what I'm saying, one of the most defining traits of Spider-man is that he never shuts up.
The fault with the new Peter Parker is that he doesn't fit in the first movie (something I never said or defended), but by the second movie the character is more faithful to the original than the Tobey Maguire one, despite the movie being objectively inferior.
>>
>>70314733
He says he will do it.

Disney better put him in Homecoming ffs.
>>
>>70314775
Care to provide proof of your make-belief bullshit from the comics?

The guy married a fucking supermodel. For fuck's sake.
>>
>>70310854
>here's this dude driving a bank truck with gunmen in the back shooting people
>I'm gonna crack jokes for a minute while he kills more people
Bitch all you want about joss whedon, but the avengers quipped WHILE they did shit, not stopping to say a lame joke while they ignore the bad guys.

They poorly handled the wisecracking shit and made it feel so forced, like They finished the script and said
>fuck nerds want quips
>Fuck it just put one scene of him doing that shit in the chase
>>
>>70314871
>of spiderman
There is a huge difference when peter is peter and when he is spiderman.

But of course you would know that if you have actually read the comics.
>>
>>70314866
I remember I completed one of those series that have like 4-5 issues in each number, but by that time he was already at university, and by the end I remember he was going to marry MJ.
I've also read the original first comics of it in another compilation of classic issues, and that's when he was actually a real nerd and resembled Maguire's Parker.

>>70314940
Yeah, but even when he's Peter Parker he's a confident guy that gets angry at stuff, can have normal conversations with people, and is overall funny and cheerful.
Tobey Maguire was just autistic.
>>
File: 1461780144471.png (360 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461780144471.png
360 KB, 500x500
It's the definition of a movie made by committee.

The film was a scatterbrained mess because they had no idea what direction they wanted to take the film and didn't have a director with a strong artistic vision to guide it/fight the studio. They basically just shot like 4 hours worth of randoms shit that the suits at Sony Frankensteined together into a two and a half hour commercial for other movies that will now never be made.

When you watch the movie, it feels like it's just a collection of subplots that don't really mesh and have no real narrative thread. That's because it totally is.

Here's a list of stuff that was shot that didn't make the final cut, just off the top of my head. It's fucking rediculous: Electro's entire backstory and motivation, involving his abusive mother who he accidentally kills after he gets his powers, the introduction of Felicia as Black Cat, a love Triangle with Mary Jane, Peter's father secertly being alive and helping to set his son straight after Gwen dies, Norman Osborne surviving his illness by putting his head in the jar, an introduction/cameo of the symbiote, and more that I'm forgetting or we just don't know about.
>>
>MCU
>Non MCU

Pick on, and choose wisely.

It's like watching /GOT/ movies that have no impact on the story line, but have important people at Kings Landing ect.

Or Full Metal Alchemist vs. FMA:Brotherhood. One is canon, one is not.

Canon is always going to get my money and noncanon is going to be disregarded.
>>
>>70310854
Andrew Garfield looks like a cunt and isn't a cute twink.
>>
>>70311650
In Amazing Spider-Man that was different, so it will be in Homecoming
>>
>>70315108

At least it won't tell the origin story, something that I WISH they had skipped in TASM because they butchered it so badly.

Also, everything I'm hearing about Homecoming is giving me serious Spectacular Spider-Man vibes which is awesome. I'm cautiously optimistic about it.
>>
>>70310891
It did. It killed the franchise.

Think Sony would've rebooted/sold to Marvel if it hadn't failed?
>>
File: 1459362151051.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1459362151051.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>70311209
>Thinking ASM2 is anything above a 4/10
>>
>>70311991
Come on, Anon. Be serious.
>>
>>70314733
Can he be in both the MCU and DCEU at the same time?
>>
>>70316132
>as Gordon

Huh. Can he play such a straight character?
>>
>>70311422

He was the less worse thing of this movie. Stop being a faggot, /pol/
>>
>>70316603
As Electro, no.

As Max Dillon, yes.
>>
>>70311286
Scrolled down way too long for this.

To answer the OP:
Electro was pure shit, hates Spider-Man for what now? Why? Still don't get it.
Also that cringey expositional dialogue.
Can't remember anything else but I really, really, REALLY hated this after being so pleasantly surprised by TASM1.
>>
>>70310854
Mashed together 3 scripts
>>
File: loll.jpg (250 KB, 1024x708) Image search: [Google]
loll.jpg
250 KB, 1024x708
>>70312319
Toppest of keks, spilled my drink.
>>
>>70316729
>>70313868
>>
SJWs killed it for putting Gwen back in the refrigerator where she belongs.

It was just kind of unfocused. I think trying to fit electro and the entire GG storyline into one movie got kinda messy.
>>
>>70311737
I just rewatched original Spidey trilogy, literally every minute in the first two is perfect and three wasn't as bad as I remembered after all. Truly the GOAT capeshit, nothing can compete.
>>
>>70313935
>Pete finds more secrets hidden by his dad which lead him to a secret underground subway car bunker with working tvs with a video message

Ohh, right. THAT shit and the opening scene were soo fucking retarded, I can't put this shit in words.
>>
Are we going to talk about the fact that when the nigger get his powers his teeth become perfect?
>>
>>70317218
they're electric super-teeth
>>
>>70311209
This. It wasn't great but it was sure a helluva lot better then most MCU shit. The new twink spidey can suck a dick, I can't stand him.

>that god tier ost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUOeHFEDY2o
>>
File: 21lo501.jpg (20 KB, 846x352) Image search: [Google]
21lo501.jpg
20 KB, 846x352
>>70317286
>>
>>70317286
Yes, um, "god tier"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=URqviqEnRJ4
>>
>>70310854
All the posters and marketing materials for this movie all look fake. Besides the one 3-part poster, all the marketing looked like fan-film Spider-Man, not multi-hundred-million-dollar budget Spider-Man.
>>
>>70311610
DENNIS LEARY GHOST DAD REMAKE WHEN
>>
File: tobey.jpg (35 KB, 510x380) Image search: [Google]
tobey.jpg
35 KB, 510x380
>>70317435

>the bass drop at 6:47

I gotta admit, I got goosebumps when I saw this in theaters.

Why can't marvel shit make anything close to this?
>>
>>70310950
easily mysterio
>>
>>70317719
>I got goosebumps when I saw this in theaters.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>Why can't marvel shit make anything close to this?
Because the people running Marvel aren't mentally retarded.
>>
Too many memes.

The way they adapted spidey sense was bretty gud though.
>>
>>70317823
>>70317369
>>70311545
>>70311605
>>70311879
>>70312962
>>70313267

>Because the people running Marvel aren't mentally retarded.

sup disney?
>>
>>70317891
Are sonyfags the lowest form of capefags?
>>
>>70317719
The soundtrack was the worst thing about this movie, fucking Electrode doing musical synth tunes is the gayest thing I've ever experienced in a cinema
>>
>>70317953
MYENEMYVIRGINITYMYENEMY
>>
>>70317918
Has Sony even released a good movie since 2014? I was looking at their list of titles and they're all so fucking bad
>>
>>70317953
But his power is electric, of course he would be a tesla coil
>>
>sinister six movie never
>>
File: iphone-20120910015618-1.jpg (121 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
iphone-20120910015618-1.jpg
121 KB, 400x600
>>70311824
When they get around to bringing Ock back, I hope they play up the love angle between May and Ock.

I'm reading through bronze age spidey right now (I'm at #120 right before night Gwen dies), and I have to say these comics are a wonderful springboard for bigger, better ideas.

I wonder if them casting current-Aunt May so young is because they are actually going to follow through with this.
>>
>>70315040
fuck id never read about the cut stuff what an abortion.

It reminds me of Origins where you can tell they could have made a good enough movie and you can see glimmers of potential but then the suits got involved and fucked it all up.
>>
>>70318355
That would be great, they could develop Otto in a couple of movies and then finally have him go ham, wonder who could play him
>>
>>70317891
>they're retarded cause I say so despite making movies that pretty much everyone short of a handful of posters on a taiwanese photobucket likes and make huge profits on every movie
ok
>>
>>70318818
I was gonna say it'd have to be like 4th movie in the series cause 1st is reserved for grieving uncle ben but now that I think about it MCU uncle Ben is already dead isn't he? RIP
>>
>>70317891
sup sony?
>>
>>70315040
There was an scene of Harry extremely drunk in a motorcycle with Felicia and she keeps telling him to stop.
>>
File: Spiderman.jpg (2 MB, 4348x1121) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman.jpg
2 MB, 4348x1121
>>70319071
If they do it right this time, they can briefly explain the backstory because everyone and their mother knows about the spider bite, Uncle Ben, and him chasing the robber and finding out what he did
They could have him just exploring his powers and fucking up along the way and meeting Connor and Octavius but Ock doesn't do anything this movie and hangs back but Connor flips out and goes full Lizard and that's the movie

I really want a Hobgoblin or Green Goblin movie done right
You need it built up the entire trilogy along with his relationship with Gwen and finally in the last movie, Gwen dies and Spidey flips out and kills Goblin
>>
File: 1355199884079.jpg (37 KB, 210x251) Image search: [Google]
1355199884079.jpg
37 KB, 210x251
>>70311286
>tfw this meme died and you didnt even realize
>>
>>70319259
>If they do it right this time, they can briefly explain the backstory because everyone and their mother knows about the spider bite, Uncle Ben
I've been wanting that since forever. Capeshits are our equivalent of Greek myths by now, Homer never bothered to give the backstory to the Trojan war since it was assumed everyone knows it.
>>
File: Spiderman troubles.jpg (794 KB, 1016x4784) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman troubles.jpg
794 KB, 1016x4784
>>70319541
Fucking this
We might luck out though because it looks like Homecoming or whatever this new Spider-man movie is called will skip some of it. Ben's already dead and he already has the outfit and has been helping around in Manhattan
Man it'd be awesome if it was just Daily Bugle and JJJ shenanigans the whole movie
>>
>>70310854
Stones death?
Ugob gob instead of green?
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.