[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a bigger televised Mary Sue?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12
Has there ever been a bigger televised
Mary Sue?
>>
File: 141383799091.jpg (68 KB, 610x288) Image search: [Google]
141383799091.jpg
68 KB, 610x288
>Female leader
>She is incompetent.

What's funny is that Tumblr doesn't get this. It's pretty accurate.
>>
>>70309179
im rewatching this shit, since i dropped it in s3 and want to catch up.

why the fuck can she not kepp her word with kryznas the unsullied seller and no one mentions anything about it?
>>
>>70309273

silly billy

women don't need to accept responsibility for their actions

you're not a rapist are you?
>>
>>70309319
i fucking despise her character.
im sure she'll die tho
>>
>>70309209

The same thing can be said about Brienne. Women post about her like she's muh kickass strong women character but all she does is fuck up.
>>
>female character
>needs other-worldly powers to compete with men
>"""""""strong"""""" female character
>>
>>70309209
Yeah but she's not really depicted as that in the show. Take the last episode, she gives that motivational speech at the end, which occurs in most episodes these days. She's more seen as as strong leader, and any mistake being circumstantial and inevitable.
>>
File: jon-snow.jpg (244 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
jon-snow.jpg
244 KB, 2048x1536
>Proves to be one of the best fighters from the day he joins the night's watch
>Given one of the most powerful weapons in the world
>Awkward, relatable character, unsuccessful with women, but hooks up with hot redhead
>Becomes lord commander by a margin of one vote
>Literally comes back from the dead
>>
>>70310277
>relatable character
if you're a normie yes
>>
>>70309179
I'm not really sure you could call her a mary sue as she's fucking garbo at everything she does. Literally the only thing she has going for her is her dragons.
>>
>>70309952
And yet she keeps going. She's hc af tbqhwymsa-af.
>>
Jon, Bran, Tyrion also Mary Sue
>>
>>70309179
I'll agree with you that this season she has exhibited qualities of a Mary Sue if that's what you want to call it but jesus fuck seasons 1-5 literally depicted her doing everything she could to remain successful yet still got dumpstered because her actions had consequences. Fuck you cunts, think about the words you use before speaking.
>>
What happened to the arc that she's actually crazy or that she couldn't actually tame dragons?

Or are they just going to make Aerys crazy cuz Bran.
>>
>>70310277
>Awkward, relatable character, unsuccessful with women
Sounds like your projecting there. Jon doesnt like the idea of bastards, its not that he was unsuccessful.
>>
>>70310450
>Fall out of tower; becoming paralyzed
>Get betrayed and stabbed by your crew
>Kill your whore gf after being cucked by your dad
>Mary Sues
>>
>>70310680
>>Kill your whore gf after being cucked by your dad
He immediately gets revenge on his evil CIS father with minimal effort. How is that not Mary Sue writer's pet shit?
>>
>>70310883
Well he did live in the same building and did wait for dad to be stuck on the crapper. Also he had to escape.
>>
Yes, because she isn't one.
>>
of course

Paul Atreides
>>
can you stop using these useless buzz-phrases that you wouldn't even be aware of if it weren't for this fucking board

it's so embarrassing
>>
>>70312089
t. triggered GoTard
>>
>>70310277
He was one of the only members of the Nights Watch with legitimate training. Tyrion says as much. Its not like the men of the Nights Watch spend their time fighting battles either. Its one or two wildling skirmishes every now and then.
>>
>>70310883
In the books Varys plants Shae in the Tower of the Hand and then leads Tyrion there
>>
File: danny.jpg (16 KB, 299x314) Image search: [Google]
danny.jpg
16 KB, 299x314
Does anything really bad ever happen to her in the books?
>>
>>70312252
Diarrhea
>>
>>70310680
bran - literally non existent until they needed him recently to become a god
jon - pretty much every generic anime tier mary sue character
tyrion - literally so bored because tywin is dead and just there to make jokes and neutralize all of dany's flaws
>>
>>70310277
Don't forget the guy violates about every rule he could without any consequences. Swear an oath for life renounce all titles. Except when it is no longer convent.
Arya pulled that same stunt with the faceless men. Guess it is a Stark thing to be a walking piece of shit.
>>
>>70312463
>for life

but he died so his oath was fufilled
>>
>>70312252
Sunset finds her squatting in grass. Thats literally the greatest misfortune to ever happen with Dany so far
>>
>>70309179
Buffy.
>>
>>70309179
Yes. His name is Jon Snow
>>
>>70312463
Arya's story arc has been a let down so far.
She's had very little character growth.

>willing to be blind and homeless to join faceless
>says fuck it the moment she passes the tests and is allowed another assassination attempt

Its been almost pointless the moment she left the hound.
>>
>>70312463
>swear oath for life
>die

???
>>
>>70312463
Thats all Dabid OC donuts. In the books Jon is loyal to the Nights Watch and Arya to Faceless Men
>>
>>70309179
she will become mad and tyrannical.
>>
>>70312463
MY WATCH HAS CONVENIENTLY ENDED

TAKING MY TALENTS SOUTH SO GOOD LUCK WITH THE ONCOMING ARMY OF ZOMBIES
>>
>>70309179
No matter how she fucks up, she always comes out of the situation better than when she entered it.
>>
>muh dragons
>muh fire no kill me

what a shit character
>>
>>70309179
>>70309179

I AM KELLY C

EVERYTHING FALLS ON MY LAP

Still can't do shit

Still can't understand basic economics

Still stuck

Stupid bitch, I hate Stannis the Autist but at least he got shit done and even tried his darnest.

This bitch is just a walking luck magnet.
>>
>>70313910
>implying it wasnt one big test and after she kills the waif everyone will celebrate what a strong women she is
>>
>>70310277

>had lifteitme of training
>learned from a damn good leader in Headless Neddy
>groomed by the former Bear Lord Commander to be next in line

The fuck you talking you shitposting wilding?

He had a lifetime of training from the best.
>>
>>70312026

WHAT?
Fuck you.

Paul had to go through shit and even in the end he was martyred.

Leto II was the mary sue. He knew everything before it happened. Even his fucking death was planned.

Leto's also a full blown SJW cuckold. Eliminating Sardaukar and Fremens for Bitch Speakers.
>>
>>70314114
>show Jon
>talents

Looking out of place and getting your ass kicked for 95% of every fight aren't really the talents I would find useful in the night's watch, but what do I know.
>>
>>70313763

>spends the first four seasons being a huge fuckup
>frequently gets put in her place by older and more experienced people (usually men)
>eventually learns to act like an adult as she faces greater and greater responsibilities
>still has problems with stuff like her obsession with dangerous men and being naturally superior to everyone around her
Buffy is like the anti-Mary Sue. That's why SJWs hate her.
>>
>>70309179

Was it rape?
>>
>>70310277
>Proves to be one of the best fighters from the day he joins the night's watch
Not really. He's a capable fighter among a bunch of random peasants and children. He didn't fight anyone capable apart from show-canon fooking legend
>Given one of the most powerful weapons in the world
Who else would Old Bear give it to? His retard son half a globe away?
>Awkward, relatable character, unsuccessful with women, but hooks up with hot redhead
Ygritte isn't hot in books. Well she isn't hot in the show either, she's fucking british
>Becomes lord commander by a margin of one vote
???
>Literally comes back from the dead
Not cannon
>>
I don't mind her success, because there's no way they can play this straight and maintain audience interest

when she finally crashes and burns, its going to be stannis levels of disappointment

imagine how you felt when you realized stannis was kidding himself, and never had a chance. thats how normalfags are going to feel when she gets cocky, pisses off a dragon, and gets eaten
>>
>>70314029
>in the books Jon is loyal to the Nights Watch
In the very first book he decides to run away and needs to be dragged back by the other kids.

He fugs a wildling, doesn't matter if Halfhand commanded it, he still broke his oath.

In the fifth book he decides, after letting all the wildlings past the wall, to take them south to fight Ramsey.
>>
>>70312252
as a kid she was sexually molested by her older brother and then sold of with 14 years of age to a mongolian warlord, that raped her repeatedly until her pussy could take his horse cock. this being a fantasy of every poster on /tv/ I say NO nothing bad ever happend to her.
>>
>>70314475
At first
>>
>>70314702
if he was so disloyal why did he abandon the wildlings and basically save the wall from rear attack

Ramsey threatens to break the neutrality of the wall (and the watch's survival), so it's not unreasonable for them to defend themselves preemptively.
>>
Does anyone have unflattering pictures of Daenerys
>>
>>70314475
nope, she married, if she didnt want shoulda say no when she could
>>
>>70314821
She wasn't sexually molested by Viserys.
Drogo asked her if wanted to continue on their wedding night.
>>
File: 1462723964879.png (7 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1462723964879.png
7 KB, 420x420
>>70314529
>she isn't hot in the show
>>
>>70314475
Here's how you can tell
White male = Not rape
Non white man = It's rape.
>>
>>70315427
go away
>>
>>70315250
Take any still from season 4 onwards.
Season 2 was her prime
>>
>>70315006
I haven't watched much of the show, but in the books Ramsey isn't anywhere near the Wall, and Jon doesn't abandon the wildlings, he tries to shelter them.
>>
>>70315427
acording to feminism is the other way around semapi
>>
This bitch is basically living through a typical villian arc
>have some injustice done to you in childhood
>be a little insane and power hungry
>suddenly showered with dragons and armies just falling into your lap
>what could possibly go wrong
Either that was fat man's master plan all along, or this retard forgot that heroes are meant to struggle so their victory feels earned
>>
>>70309179
>not posting the gif
>>
>>70315479
In the books Ramsey threatens to destroy Nights Watch if Jon doesn't give up fake Arya, he basically declares a war
>>
File: 1432027884578.jpg (2 MB, 2388x2071) Image search: [Google]
1432027884578.jpg
2 MB, 2388x2071
>>70312252
>>
File: P-640.jpg (74 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
P-640.jpg
74 KB, 640x480
>>70315512
That's like every female in this fucking feminist trash. She's the villain guys, for sure this time
>show is not too far from ending
>literally a bunch of shady old white men are being set up against her AGAIN
>>
>>70310053
She's been giving the same speech for 6 seasons, and she's barely any closer now than when she started.
>>
>>70315512
The show ain't gonna make her a villain. They would get bad pr from sjws and their ilk. I mean she going to bring thousands of rapists, slavers and eunichs to rape and pillage the country after they are still recovering from the war and normies will praise her for it.
>>
File: bitch.jpg (62 KB, 889x524) Image search: [Google]
bitch.jpg
62 KB, 889x524
>>70315455
>>
>>70315479
Jon leaves them at the holdfast where bran is hiding, warns the nights watch and they prepare defenses. He only shelters them out of concern for them being larger threats as wights and for the needed manpower.

Also to add to >>70315479 ramseys letter forces jon to choose between betraying stannis, helping stannis or doing nothing and probably letting the nights watch be destroyed.
>>
>>70315638
But dude she's got to reclaim her throne!

It's not like her predecessors betrayed their vassals and even if she did reclaim it she's barren so her death will throw the realm into chaos again.
>>
>>70315884
>B-But Khalessi is going to beat those old white men
>G-Gurl p-p-power
Stannis and Aegon are the best kings.
>>
She has stayed pretty close to GRRMs version. I don't think he made her as some self representation insert.
>>
Would be pretty hilarious if she becomes the bad guy in the show because she invades Westeros and fucks everything up there too.
>>
shes gonna make it back to the city, talk to tyrion about the deals he made with the slavers, get pissed and fuck everything up
>>
When is he going to backstab the bitch and take the dragons already?
>>
>>70316206
Middle of next season.
>>
>>70309179
Do you wanna get drakkaris'ed op? Because that how you get drakkaris'ed
>>
>>70316206
a man has no plot
>>
>>70312286
>>70313736
>>70315614
Is there a thing with fantasy writers, girls and diarrhea?

Shortly after the introduction of Triss in the first novel of Geralt, she catches the shittons too.
>>
>>70310626
Gormless
>>
>>70310053
I have the feeling that's part of what's wanted in the show, every character depicted in a good way is either a dummy or a massive failure.
Can't think of one goody-two shoes that had something ressembling to success
>>
>>70314529
>Not cannon

Not yet, but will. Martin told the producers of the series that he was gonna revive Jon in the books, among other things that are currently happening in the series. Deal with it booking.
>>
>>70316650
>booking
Bookfag
>>
File: 1462396289408.jpg (169 KB, 568x666) Image search: [Google]
1462396289408.jpg
169 KB, 568x666
>>70315638
>Dothraki face a army made of the knights of the Vale
>Get BTFO
>Unsullied faces the Westerlands and the Crownlands
>Danerys doesn't know tactics so they get BTFO
>Dragons get shot by balistas
>gg no re
>Sellswords betray her halfway through the war
The Dany-fag tears will be glorious
>>
>>70309179
>>70309209
Wow, she's a Mary Sue and heavily flawed, you say? Amazing.
>>
>>70316910
>she freeded de slaves but de slaves didn't fight for her how dare they
>>
>>70317291
kek
>>
>watch last episode
>fucking troll cunt maisie is STILL making ugly faces of consternation over whether or not she should kill some random theater whore
>have to watch 2 episodes of this shit, it's obvious she's not going to do it
>she doesnt
>A GIRL MUST LE DIE
>scene ends with le epic smirking badass ninja assassin girl getting ready to go out and chase her
>going to have to watch another 2-3 episodes of this hobgoblin having fist fights with this mannish looking retarded haircut girl
>going to have to listen to those 2 ugly cunts make a bunch of "fighting noises" like stuck pigs
>going to have to listen to that autistic faceless girl make a bunch of quips and remarks as they fight
>going to also have to watch them squeeze in GIRL POWER time at the last 5 minutes with "le epic dragon girl" making brown people cheer for her
>going to have to watch that old JUST haircut cunt talk about fantasy religion and shit and smirk knowingly like an anime character for the rest of the season
>the pacing is so fucked in this show they just keep going "JUST YOU WAIT, WAIT... WAIIIT FORRRR IIITT.... GET HYPED, CAUSE PROBABLY IN A COUPLE EPISODES... IT'S GONNA JUST EXPLODE!! :OO"

I'VE ALREADY PUT TOO MUCH FUCKING TIME INTO THIS PIECE OF SHIT SHOW TO STOP WATCHING IT SOMEBODY KILL D&D AND END THIS NIGHTMARE
>>
>>70317959
Waif a cute though. You really should start reading the books. She actually becomes a faceless man in them
>>
File: Xenu alien princess.jpg (83 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
Xenu alien princess.jpg
83 KB, 900x470
>>70309179
>Has there ever been a bigger televised
Mary Sue?
yes
>>
File: 1461263220639.png (735 KB, 298x1200) Image search: [Google]
1461263220639.png
735 KB, 298x1200
>>70317959
>>the pacing is so fucked in this show they just keep going "JUST YOU WAIT, WAIT... WAIIIT FORRRR IIITT.... GET HYPED, CAUSE PROBABLY IN A COUPLE EPISODES... IT'S GONNA JUST EXPLODE!! :OO"

This describes the entire season way too well, they're trying so hard to have one or two climactic episodes at the end that they have to resort to "haha lol tricked you it's just filler nothing really progresses" for like 90% of the season and then at the very end they cram a bunch of shit into cliffhangers.
>>
>>70309179
nope
>>
>>70312463

yeah even benjen broke his oath, buncha stark shitters
>>
>>70309209
Agreed but also I have always thought that she was never a leader.
She was a conqueror. As soon as she stops conquering and starts "ruling" her dragons go out of control and everything goes to shit.
>>
>>70309952
That's why I like her, she kicks ass but bitch be DUUUUUUMB. Just like a Jaime.
>>
>>70309209
I wouldn't say she is incompetent. She has made some good decisions. Her problem (in the books) is arrogance. She presumes to know everything, and she constantly assumes that her decisions are the best decisions and nothing will go wrong. She frequently blows her her advisors because "DUDE I HAVE DRAGONS AND YOU DON'T LMAO". The problem is that she's a teenager, and has no experience leading armies, conquering cities, and installing governments. Her advisers could of course help her with all of this, if she pulled her head out of her ass.

But yeah. I wouldn't say she's incompetent or stupid. Just blinded by arrogance. Same as her father, who was supposedly a decent king before he was kidnapped and went crazy.
>>
>baby first female protagonist

>>>/pol/
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>70309209
>>70315411
dumb frogposter
>>
>>70316440

never heard of Triss or Geralt

i imagine diarrhea is one of the few life struggles a neckbeard fantasy writer has actual experience with, so they go with what they know
>>
>>70318124

what about ramsay killing roose? and then the woman and her child? and then taking rickon into custody?

what about the night's king finding the children's cave?

idk what the fuck you are talking about
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.