[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THOR: RAGNAROK Will Adapt Part Of PLANET HULK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3
File: planet-hulk-plot-rumors-thor-3.jpg (130 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
planet-hulk-plot-rumors-thor-3.jpg
130 KB, 1200x630
>The always reliable JoBlo.com have another fresh batch of Marvel Studios scoopage today, revealing tons of details about what we should expect from Thor: Ragnarok. For starters, they mention that the God of Thunder's mission is going to revolve around him needing to find "the ultimate weapon" in order to stop Ragnarok from taking place. Could that be another one of the Infinity Stones? It seems likely as we get closer to the release of Avengers: Infinity War, but we'll just have to wait and see.

>Where things get really interesting though is what the site says about how Thor: Ragnarok will adapt the Planet Hulk storyline. Apparently, we're getting something of a mash-up between that and the Ragnarok storyline, with both heroes winding up on a planet where gladiatorial games are taking place. Who's in charge? Well, as many of you have already guessed, it will be The Grandmaster.

>It's during this part of the film that The Hulk will don the classic Planet Hulk armour from the comic books, something which promises to be an absolute delight to see on the big screen. It's Thor's new look which is most shocking though as Chris Hemsworth will apparently be rocking a shaved head for some of the movie, an appearance it's fair to say will be vastly different for him. Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie meanwhile will, "be wearing war paint on her face, much like a Native American warrior."

>The site also mentions that The Night Manager's Elizabeth Debicki is playing Ayesha/Her/Kismet/Paragon in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 (something CBM revealed earlier this year), and confirm that the team will appear in Avengers: Infinity War.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-scoop-thor-ragnarok-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-details-316
>>
Dunno if this is credible, but fans have been clamouring for Planet Hulk as long as the MCU has been around. I hope they do it justice - and most especially the World War fallout.
>>
>>70307241
>who's in charge?
>>
I don't know what a Planet Hulk is and I don't give a shit

Fuck capeshit
>>
>>70307886
Planet hulk

World thinks hulk is too dangerous
They blast him into space where he lands on a planet and fights in gladiator matches
>>
>>70307886

Fuck off, retard.
>>
There's hope for this movie after all.

>>70307886

Literally nobody cares, you bitter joyless fuccboi.
>>
>>70307241
How exactly do they keep the Hulk contained inbetween gladiator matches? I mean couldn't he break out of any cell they put him in?
>>
>>70307241
>Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie meanwhile will, "be wearing war paint on her face, much like a Native American warrior."

WE
>>
>>70307241
>meshing two big events into one watered down cliche ridden forgettable flick

should have been solely a Planet Hulk movie with a cameo from Thor. Marvel are just getting into a routine of using big events and making them boring uneventful flicks.
>>
>>70308057
It's a planet where he is, whilst a big guy, nothing like the scale he is on Earth. At least to begin with, imperial slavers can just slap him down like he ain't shit. It is a really interesting event for him for that reason.
>>
>>70307971
there's the animated flick on Netflix of Planet Hulk, it's pretty cool desu. I hope they do a live action version justice and it isn't rushed to fuck (which it will be).

also, NO MORE FUCKING QUICKSHOTS OF HULK.

Have the camera on him for more than 5 fucking seconds Marvel Studios, Jesus.
>>
>>70308061

Are there no native american actresses? I legit don't know if I've ever seen one other than side characters.
>>
>>70308057
>>70308122
he is weakened by the voyage to the new universe
>>
>>70308169
in the comic run do the gladiators have devices on them that nerfs them too?

the animated movie had that, he's still super strong but is weakened a tad.
>>
>>70308094
If the Planet Hulk stuff turns out to be true I am pretty sure that there intention was to make a movie solely about the hulk but because of the Paramount legal stuff they had to add someone else to the movie and Thor makes the most sense since it is the most lacklustre franchise and his movie can take place in space
>>
>>70308205
The devices are just mind control gadgets so they are forced to fight one another to the death. Korg's brother disobeyed his device so much that it basically fried his brain.
>>
>>70308267
Surfer was clearly nerfed by the device.
>>
If the rumors are true and this movie will be mainly set off Earth, then it's automatically better than the other Thor films.

Don't fuck this up, Marvel.
>>
>>70308130
Every minute of Hulk screentime costs at least 10 millions in CGI
>>
>>70308363
Thor 2 was set off earth and it was the worst MCU film to date
>>
>>70307241
This shows that how bad Joss Whedon was, he totally disregards anything in the MCU.

Marvel were idiots to hire him. AOU should have included Hulk going berserk and Tony sending him to space.

Then this movie would feel natural.
>>
>>70308377
I'm not even going to ask for a source, because you pulled that out your arse.

I know CGI can be expensive.
>>
>>70308338
again that was because of the traveling, not the device itself

>>70308466
wouldn't the south africa scene be enough?
>>
>>70308406
Because it took an earth character into space.
>>
>>70308406
>Thor 2 was set off earth

>Half of the film following Natalie Portman's boring Earth adventures
>Climax of the movie is in the middle of London
>>
>>70307886
>coming into a thread to say you don't give a shit

Thats some dedication to things you don't care about.

Do you look up forums for bollywood movies to let them know you don't care either?
>>
>>70308406

When I said "mainly", I meant 90-95%. The other Thor films, especially Thor 2 (the worst, I agree), were bogged down by too much focus on Earth. Hopefully, Thor 3 will break away from this.
>>
File: Wilson_punched.jpg (7 KB, 129x175) Image search: [Google]
Wilson_punched.jpg
7 KB, 129x175
>>70307819
>>
>>70308130
>there's the animated flick on Netflix of Planet Hulk

Looks like someone put it on youtube. Does he stay as Hulk the whole time or change back into Bruce for most of it?
>>
>>70308758
Hulk the whole time if not you see Bruce ones or twice but not for very long. It's been far to long since I've seen it.
>>
Why is Hulk in space though?
>>
File: 1309125039423.jpg (37 KB, 201x220) Image search: [Google]
1309125039423.jpg
37 KB, 201x220
>Valkyrie
>Native American

That's like giving Thor a katana instead of a hammer
>>
>>70307422
world war hulk was shit
>>
>>70308429
hulk got sad and flew to space instead
>>
I honestly doubt mashing two storylines together because an executive told you to make a planet hulk movie to appease the increasingly frustrated planet hulk fans would do any good for the thor franchise.

I totally expect it to just be a clusterfuck like the other thor movies
>>
>>70308931
When he flew off in the jet at the end of Age of Ultron, he set it to go into space. Obviously they can do that, because Tony built it.
>>
>>70309030
>world war hulk was shit
Here's you're (You). Now take a hike, bozo.
>>
>>70308931

Well, Mark Ruffalo is in it. I doubt they'll cast him just to use him at the beginning and then just go full Hulk for the rest of the movie. Hopefully it wil be a mix. Having Hulk gain full control and talk with Ruffalo voicing him.

Either way I'm excited. If they adapt it like the Planet Hulk movie, where you have Thor instead of Beta Ray Bill and then Thor staying for the rest of the movie. It could work pretty well.
>>
>>70307241

People didn't realize this the second after Age of Ultron?
>>
>>70307241
>both heroes

So it miss the whole point of Planet Hulk: Hulk being banished from Earth by the Avengers, so we will never have World War Hulk.
>>
>taking the only decent storyline they could use for a solo Hulk movie and just making it a small part of a Thor movie
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>70308122
>whilst a big guy
UUUU
>>
>they're adapting Hulk's best story in recent years as a Thor movie
I don't know who is cucking who here. If it's Hulk stealing the movie from Thor, or if it's Thor letting Hulk tag along in his movie since he's too shit to make a successful movie with. Anyways, don't really care at this point, since Thor 2 was complete shit, otherwise I'd hope that the planet hulk stuff would just be a small part of the movie since I think it would be a clusterfuck to adapt both Ragnarok and planet hulk in one movie. I just want to see cool action scenes with Thor and Hulk.
>>
>>70309172

Well, they can't do a solo Hulk movie unless Paramount gets on board. They can only use him in an emsemble. A solo movie has to be done by Paramount since they own his rights. My guess is they thought The Incredible Hulk movie underperformed and just are too stubborn to see they could actually turn in a better profit if they make it now.

I feel the whole MCU as a whole would be a bit different if Hulk could get have gotten his solo movies. But at this point after almost 10 years of the MCU, it feels kind of late.
>>
>>70309159
He's right though, World War Hulk was shit. Planet Hulk was pretty good though.
>>
>>70309280
Fine, maybe it was. You still shouldn't say it though. It deserved to be so much more. It was meant to be the big payoff. I have to defend it because I shelled out for hard copies of both
>>
>>70309269
They will never show Hulk in an arena twice but yeah they could make a solo Planet Hulk without the arena part.
>>
>>70307886
Planet Hulk is great and not your another dumb kill villian save world plot.
>>
>>70309167
could be a dope set up cameo for beta ray, as a little fan service nod
>>
>>70307886
dumb nigger
>>
>>70307241
>Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie meanwhile will, "be wearing war paint on her face, much like a Native American warrior."

First she steals a white role, then she appropriates Native American culture. She has no shame.

Why do blacks always have to steal bros?
>>
This has been known for months m8
>>
are Thorfags mad that Hulk is highjacking Thors movie?
>>
>>70307241
Will beta ray bill have a cameo?
>>
>>70312947
>Thorfags
You mean women? I don't think they care so long as he's topless at some point.
>>
>>70307241
VISION AND SCARLET WITCH vs. HULK AND THOR

WHO YA GOT /tv/???
>>
>>70308406
That's mostly because Asgard is not interesting besides the gaudy look of the place, nothing stands out
>>
>>70313079
BETA VS ALPHA
SLICE OF LIFE VS SHOUNEN
HO VS BRO
>>
I just wanted a movie about Asgard getting fucked up and Thor, the warriors three, and the Lady Sif reclaiming the throne from Loki, not Hulk: Thor. A shaved head, Marvel?
>>
>>70309242
>>70309211
Universal holds certain rights to Hulk films. Marvel are making Planet Hulk a part of a Thor film instead because it allows them to bypass those rights.

It'll also give them a reason to throw in Beta Ray Bill.
>>
>>70314009
It's also the reason there's a focused media campaign against WoW. If Universal can re-establish itself as a dominant studio they won't have to get fucked in the ass by whatever deal Disney offers them.
>>
why the fuck are the people of Asgard have niggers

it makes no fucking sense!!! they might as well make Thor black
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.