[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>protagonist severely wronged >chance to get revenge >kills
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 999999.gif (571 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
999999.gif
571 KB, 300x169
>protagonist severely wronged
>chance to get revenge
>kills wrongdoer with bullet to the head and a quick death
>>
Leaving an enemy alive too long can be problematic. It's better to kill them and make sure they're dead than torture them.
>>
I know you're baiting, but a hero does not stoop. He acts decisively and justly.
>>
>>70307290
Why do you think this is bait? Seeing people get what they deserve is great to see. Django kneecapping Stephen was one of the highlights of the movie.
>>
>>70307391
A good person does not delight in causing suffering. Punishment is only enacted in the interest of the common good. Vengeance is indulging in evil and justifying it. An eye for an eye makes the world blind.
>>
>>70307489
Anti-heroes are much more enjoyable.
>>
>>70307489
who says that all protagonists have to be good people?
>>
>>70307657
>>70307682
Both valid points. There's a reason The Punisher is so popular after all. Just a matter of preference, but pure heroes are more appealing to me at this stage in my life. When I was a teenager, the idea of a grimy anti-hero doing bad things for the right reasons appealed. These days though, the reality is that principled people are far rarer than those willing to compromise. Still, watching someone you hate getting fucked up is enjoyable in its own way.
>>
>>70307489
>An eye for an eye makes the world blind.
No it doesn't
>>
>>70307824
Not literally m8
>>
>>70307769
I prefer characters that aren't so black and white. It's understandable to want to hurt someone who wronged you, that's what gives the characters so much depth. Clean cut "I won't stoop to your level" protagonists feel so bland.
>>
>>70307873
Fair dos. I just think that old fasioned type of hero has all but disappeared these days. No one is interested. It's got to be all snark and greys. It would be nice to have some hope and optimism. The world is pretty terrible, after all. A good hero can be inspirational. Uplifting.
>>
>>70307489
Punishment helps shatter the illusion that bad people are the exception, it proves that good people can be just as beastly, that they are aware the real world is not a nice place and simply choose not to steal or murder etcetera..

There are limits of course, countless good causes are abused as an excuse to be beastly. If law and order is restored then it should be used sparingly, however in the case of Django where vigilante justice was the only recourse then the opposite is true, Django had to risk his life and make a spectacle of it to prove how determined he was.
>>
>>70306816
gordon killing galavan in gotham. and /tv/ pretends its a shit show
>>
>>70307927
Yeah when Superman isn't even that guy anymore you know there's a problem.

Shades of gray can be awesome for sure, but a hero who is pure good in spite of everything can still be just as compelling. More to me, personally
>>
>>70308097
>The world is not a nice place
But it could be. It's not inherently bad or good, and accepting that it seems to be bad now doesn't mean it has to stay that way. I take your point in Django though, as far as needing to make a big statement goes, given the circumstances.

>>70308190
That's why this run of Superman deserved to fail. I was never a huge Superman fan, but yeah... a big part of the World's Finest dynamic is that uncompromising idealism vs edgy pragmatism. Having the whole thing washed out undermines both sides. They were no longer about different perspectives and world views - just two capes with different powers.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.