[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bryan Singer is out from XMEN Universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 18
File: classic.jpg (69 KB, 670x409) Image search: [Google]
classic.jpg
69 KB, 670x409
“I recently met Danny Boyle — he and I have known of each other for many years but never met. He was prepping Steve Jobs at the time and I was doing this and he said, “Are you going to be doing ‘X-Men’ movies forever?” And I didn’t actually say no. The reality is, even though I’m very desperate to jump to something completely different, I’ve spent so many years in this universe and I love this cast and the characters so much, I just don’t see myself abandoning them forever. Perhaps as a consultant, as a producer, even as a director, I could see myself returning in the future. Just right now, once this one is done, I’d like to do something really different.”
So, while it doesn’t sound as if the director will completely remove himself from the picture, it seems like we can count him out when it comes to directing whatever follows X-Men: Apocalypse, regardless of when it reaches the big screen. Honestly, that may not be the worst thing in the world either, especially as the franchise could do with some fresh blood at this stage.
>>
>>70301229

Bring back Vaughn
>>
>>70301229
Matthew Vaughn?

Just no Brett Ratner
>>
Brian "I really like fuck kids" Singer
>>
What else can you do with this series anyway?
They've already endured the phoenix saga and the sentinel saga as well as gone back in time and back and forth through time.
Apocalypse is pretty much the end.
>>
Now that Jlaw's contract is over and the X-men universe has pretty much all the 90's cast, though younger, who do you recast Mystique as and how do you proceed with the series? Tie them closer to deadpool and wolverine movies?
>>
File: joanna is my waifu.jpg (55 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
joanna is my waifu.jpg
55 KB, 480x720
>>70301333

>who do you recast Mystique

Stephanie Corneliussen, half the paycheck for twice the beauty.
>>
>>70301308
Mr. Sinister, Onslaught, the Shadow King, Phalanx invasion, the Shi'ari and/or brood wars. There's still things to do, but they really mishandled Apocalypse by introducing and beating him in one movie.

Scaling down to something like the New Mutants or exploring Mojoworld, maybe with some meta commentary on the modern capeshit film industry, could be neat as the main focus with a subplot that continues into the next movie and becomes the maillot after that
>>
>>70301460

Kind of looks like a young Romijn
>>
>>70301255
>>70301254
its sucking his own cock doing Kingsman 2
>>70301277
you have a very strong point. Singer will return to X-men if his next film doesn't involve young twinky boys in the casting couch
>>
>>70301333
why would i recast mystique?

i would use un used characters instead of Mystique and Magneto again and again.

Gambit,X-23,Toad,Jubilee,Ice Man,Pyro,Colossus(tho he was deadpool)

if i had chance to make next movie i wouldnt even use Prof X that much. Just more like glorified cameo which he gives missions from cerebro.

Cyclops leading Xmen following

Jean Grey
Storm
NightCrawler
Quicksilver
Jubilee

probably a story about Beast and Wolverine captured by Mr.Sinister etc

his henchman are toad,psylocke,gambit etc.
toad dies from accident. psylocke goes jail
gambit joins xmen.

no need for Prof X, Magneto or Mystique
>>
>>70301333
Bigger question: who's gonna be rogue?
That one girl Liz gillis or whoever from that Dennis Leary show seems like an okay choice
>>
>>70301534
>its sucking his own cock doing Kingsman 2

I'm sure he can finish that up in time
>>
File: 1464682139324.jpg (17 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1464682139324.jpg
17 KB, 300x400
>>70301308
>What else can you do with this series anyway?

A more character driven TV show would be nice. Also, the fucking morlocks and the savage land.
>>
>>70301308
what should be done of course.

only good xmen movie for me is just first 1.

others arent xmen movies . more like politicial drama plus super hero powers.

i want a xmen team without Prof x isnt too much dominant .
>>
File: aj.jpg (342 KB, 1155x1568) Image search: [Google]
aj.jpg
342 KB, 1155x1568
>>70301605

>Morlocks and the marauder x-men movie

I'm tired of human mutant conflict.
>>
>>70301540
Can Fox use the scarlet witch? Because it would be pretty neat to see house of M trilogy
>>
>>70301229

>Game froze as soon as I beat Abyss
>>
>>70301540
I'd love to see x-23 in a film.

Also Jubilee having an actual role instead of being in the background for 4 movies.

I would take quicksilver off that team though. He is too OP it would ruin any tension because he can solve almost any problem thrown at them.
>>
Vaughn. We want Vaughn.
>>
>>70301460
ayy lmao
>>
>>70302025

>Vaughn's beast and mystique

Yeah, no thanks, he can go fuck himself.
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 2184x1152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 2184x1152
SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS
>>
>Bryans next film stars 40 16-18 year old boys
Wouldnt surprise me
>>
>>70302768

Actually Fox may cut his supply after Apocalypse
>>
>>70301229
More than enough has been told about X-Men in movie format already.
>>
>>70301229
pedo needs to fuck off
>>
>>70301333

> Who do you recast Mystique as
>>
>>70301229
I'm kind of relieved because I was starting to feel pretty guilty for liking the x-men movies.
>>
>>70301229

I can't complain about Singer's contribution to X-Men, but I'm also not saddened by his departure. He's been involved with six films over sixteen years, directing four of them. That's a respectable tenure and a good time to move on, and new blood would be good for the brand as well.
>>
>>70301254
Yes please
>>70301534
That's fine. He has more than enough time to do that.
>>
Good, he's alright but I'm absolutely sick of his x -men. He got cucked by Vaugn in his own franchise, which was pretty funny. I wonder how he'll do, I think Valkyrie was alight, everything else outside of X-Men is garbage. It'd be cool to have Vaugn back. Any other decent director is welcome.
>>
>>70301333
Mystique actress should be a 10/10 girl.

It doesn't matter if she can act. Other actors can do her acting when she transforms.
>>
>>70301847
>House of M without Spiderman story

no.
>>
fuck him for cutting Jubilee's scene. fucking pedo trash
>>
Singer should team up with Helix Studios for peak twinkkino
>>
>>70306955
Jubilee sucks
>>
X-Men needs a serious retooling. Singers movies are decent, but often times they feel like they arent reaching their full potential. Like he's capturing the drama, but completing missing the fun aspect. The superhero-y bits. X-Men movies shouldnt feel like a chore to watch.
>>
M
SWEET
M
E
S
>>
>>70307291
It'd also help if they actually looked like their comic book counterparts. Singers X-Men look like cosplayers.
>>
>>70307291
The problem with the Singer movies is that they all have the same plot.

>Stryker experiments on mutants and/or tries to destroy them
>Magneto tries genociding the muggles

Literally every fucking time. The man apparently doesn't realize that there are other villains and threats for the X-Men.
>>
Bryan "I sexually abuse underage boys" Singer
>>
good
i like singer done to xmen good castings , solid 2 flicks at 1 okayish(terrible aged) movie.

its time to move on torch to other director.

please make costumes right. Fucking deadpool done it perfect in first time.

its like how many 7 or 8 xmen movie still shit costumes.
>>
I want to see the X-men in space, I want to see the bird people.
>>
>>70301333
They can't because marvel is being a huge cunt so they fan only use certain characters not any they feel like even though they,own the property
>>
>>70307412
In my opinion, Deadpool is the best X-Men movie. Deadpool, Teenage Negasonic Warhead, and Colossus all look like they been ripped straight out of an X-Men comic book. And the movie is FUN.
>>
>>70307291
X-Men is a very silly concept, really.

>Every backstory of a XMen character is that they got their power by birth
>Overpowered mutants like Storm, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Xavier, Iceman and many more. Some mutants can even time travel.
>Humans have every right to be afraid of mutants
>X-Men is more busy fighting for their own survival than preach mutant solidarity

X-Men movies should have some overpowered villains like Apocalypse had. Next movie should be fighting against maybe Onslaught or The Brood
>>
>>70307291
Fuck you and your fun faggot. Just give up on movies and your goals
>>
>>70307479
Superhero costumes, particularly the X-Men, look fucking ridiculous on film. It only works in cartoons. Stop bitching about fucking clothing.
>>
>>70301308
>Apocalypse is pretty much the end
>No Cable
I fucking refuse to believe.
>>
File: xmfc39.jpg (37 KB, 584x248) Image search: [Google]
xmfc39.jpg
37 KB, 584x248
>>70307348
First Class was a shit movie but the costumes were perfect.

First two Xmen had that black ops gear which doesn't fit at all Xmen's image.

Blue and yellow gear looks good and not edgy
>>
>>70307565

The X-Men franchise has always been afraid to embrace its comic book roots, as evidenced by the continued prevalence of all-black costumes in 2016. Deadpool wasn't.
>>
>>70307711
blue and gold was only in the earliest kirby/lee comics, roy thomas neal adams shook that shit up and its never been done since
>>
>>70307633
Thinking like that is the problem. Remember how great Silk Spectre looked in Watchmen. Now imagine a Rogue like that. People are too fucking hung up on MUH REALISM. Say what you will about Snyder, at least he gets the aesthetic.
>>
>>70307711
It looks fucking goofy.
>>
File: apocalypse-180759.jpg (154 KB, 655x330) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse-180759.jpg
154 KB, 655x330
>>70307633
then why bitch teasing at end of apocalypse looking so good?

>it only works in cartoons
top kek.
tell that to deadpool,mcu
>>
>>70307711
first class was pretty much the only good one
>>
>>70307565
And as an action fan, I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>70307333
What is a "msmes sweet"?
>>
>>70301229
>a notorious pedophile will still be getting work after his capeshit series ended
>hollywood tried to boycott a state because mentally disabled people couldn't use whatever bathroom they wanted
top fucking lel
>>
File: singer-pool-party.jpg (53 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
singer-pool-party.jpg
53 KB, 650x488
>>
>>70307711
costumes are perfect?

why the fuck mystique doesn thave this?
why fuck prof X wearing that shit

>here is a cosplay looks then million better then both mystiques
>>
>>70307882
>Wanting to see JLaw in that costume.
>>
>>70307917
>implying i want to see Jlaw at all
>>
>>70307776

A 20 second google search aaand ...

1990s, dickhead

The internet exists - there's no real excuse for this kind of stupidity any more.
>>
>>70307917
It would probably be fine if they didn't go with the scales all over her body
>>
I like how they are pretending the x-men series is "done" when we're getting New Mutants, Wolverine, the X-men FX series and Gambit next year. Granted one of those will probably fall through (probably Gambit) but still.
>>
>>70307977
Tbh this looks gay. Everyone should have their own costumes for comicbook counter parts not team uniforms.

I wouldnt like that gambit at all. Gambit has own outfit why not use that instead
same for jubilee
same for storm etc
>>
File: 1442836962814.png (180 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1442836962814.png
180 KB, 400x388
>>70307850
FUCKING /tv/ ALWAYS MAKING SHIT UP TO MAKE FEEL LEFT OUT.
>>
>>70308004
X-men series isnt done though. They teased Mr.Sinister in end credits at a producer of movie said next one will be at 90's.

New mutants will fail probably. Gambit will be cancelled. I believe instead we will get X-Force movie R rated with Deadpool
>>
File: tumblr_mhko5yZ0NC1qjhxuro1_500.jpg (135 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhko5yZ0NC1qjhxuro1_500.jpg
135 KB, 1280x960
>ten seconds of google search is much better then 170 million $ budget hollywood movie

why?
>>
>>70307711
>First Class was a shit movie but the costumes were perfect.

Sure, perfect TRASH. The worst costumes in the whole movie series, bar none.
>>
>>70308040
>Having different costumes when you work as a team

That's fucking stupid. Same uniform makes X-Men look like an official crew. Same uniform boosts morale as well.

t Cyclops
>>
>>70308084
>X-Force movie R rated with Deadpool
I want this, fuck Gambit.
>>
>>70308146
Bryan Singer would love to see a teenage Cyclops in that get up. especially the crotch straps
>>
>>70308189
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzYfcLi8mLk

Ryan and TJ miller said this multiple times.He wants to do X-force movie after Deadpool 2: Cable edition.

Considering Wolverine 3 has X-23 it would be pretty fit
>>
File: gambit-3.jpg (240 KB, 600x1065) Image search: [Google]
gambit-3.jpg
240 KB, 600x1065
>they went with taylor kirsh instead of these

are movie directors are stupid fags or what?
why do they think changing cartoon/comic apperances would be good move*
>>
>>70308273
I am glad.
>>
>>70308312
One side of Fox (deadpool crew) pretty much gets how to adapt comics to movies without being too cringy or fan service.

while other side run by singer is well you know singer...
>>
>>70308040
>Working in a government official agency
>Everyone should look a like a cosplayer
>>
How the fuck will they do 1990s? X-Men 1 came out in fucking 2000. Are seriously supposed to believe that Michael Fassbender will turn into Ian McKellen in 7 years? It's already ridiculous that we're 21 years out from First Class and literally no one has aged.

The only idea I have that doesn't sound retarded is to recast Xavier and Magneto and push them to the background to have the younger mutants take over against sinister. Go back to the coming of age X-Men vibe.
>>
>>70308382
Probably no magneto and mystique next time.

McAvoy still here but mostly glorified cameo giving missions and speech n shit.

main xmen team doing shit instead of Magneto and muh "RAVEN"

i would literally protest a movie in my life if they still focus on ProfX,Mystique or Magneto
>>
>>70308382
Mutants age differently than normal humans.
>>
>Most recent entry a financial and critical failure
>Director leaving the series
>Contracts for all major actors are up
>JLaw and Fassbender clearly don't give a fuck anymore
>Biggest villain wasted
>Jackman retiring
>Only one more unexplored time period before the "period piece" gimmick runs out

This series is in trouble.
>>
>>70308474
But we already see how they look in the year 2000. Assuming this new movie takes place in 1993 then McAvoy will literally turn into Patrick Stewart in 7 years, Sophie Turner will turn into Famke Janssen, Fassbender into geriatric McKellen. Do mutants not age and then suddenly pack on 30 years of aging?

It doesn't make sense.
>>
Assuming Magneto and X have a reduced presence and the movie focuses on a team of newcomers taking on Mr. Sinister, who would you have as your team?

This assumes Jean Grey/Cyclops are captured at the start

New team:
>Night crawler
>Gambit
>Jubilee
>X23
>Meme Silver
>Collosus
>>
>>70308554
series half rebooted with DoFP.

X1-X2-X3 doesnt exist anymore.

its not like this is any important.Just make a good xmen movie nobody cares this shit.

>>70308475
Its not a financial failure. Xmen was never super hot in movies. 500M mostly. This looking same.
Budget is also half of BvS Or Civil war.

Director leaving is good , singer is shitting series these days.

Good.

Good magneto and mystique isnt needed anymore.

Apocalypse is always a joke.

Well idk jackman stuff. He will be in Wolvie3
>>
>>70308644

Jean Grey
Cyclops
Jubilee
Storm
Colossus

Quicksilver is captured. Mind controlled etc. Cause he would kill sinister in seconds.

Beast is retired , went to be minister or someshit.

Magneto is resting. not in

Mystique is ded hopefully.

Gambit is firstly henchman of Sinister then join ?

probably nightcrawler is also dying
>>
>>70307675
>>No Cable
>I fucking refuse to believe.

Yeahhhh thats already confirmed for Deadpool 2.
>>
>>70308307
>>they went with taylor kirsh instead of these
>are movie directors are stupid fags or what?
>why do they think changing cartoon/comic apperances would be good move*

>Implying people who cosplay can act.

I liked him as gambit. Channing tatum is who you gotta worry about.
>>
>>70308795
>Channing tatum
I don't want that guy in the x-men movies.
>>
>>70308554
>Assuming this new movie takes place in 1993 then McAvoy will literally turn into Patrick Stewart in 7 years,

Remember, Stewart was only 59 when he first played Professor X. If you put McAvoy in 1983 and had him live through those seventeen years, he'd be 54. Pretty close (Fassbender would be 56 to McKellan's 61). Sophie Turner played Jean at age 19, which is how hold Famke Janssen was in that year. So, all things considered, they did a pretty decent job. Now, Charles & Erik are both older than their actors (they'd be 68 & 70 in 2000), but that was just as much the case with Stewart & McKellan as McAvoy & Fassbender.
>>
X-Men 4 with the old cast before they get too old
ignore Apocalypse like they did Origins, both pointless shitty prequels
finally make Cyclops the actual bad ass leader he is
make Jean powerful & useful but not able to turn into Phoenix at will like shes a fucking Super Saiyan
add Deadpool

There is shitloads of villains to choose from, pick anything really, just not Magneto again for the 50th time
>>
>>70301460
why would mystique takes the form of someone who has undergone heavy plastic surgery when she could just go for someone naturally beautiful?
Dumb choice, will never happen.
>>
>>70308307
>implying
Kirsh was a good gambit you fag
shame fox is a mess, RR had to lobby to prove he'd be a good deadpool even if he showed that already in the 2009 movie
just like Kirsh, but he probably doesn't care about the character
>>
>>70309508
I don't know how someone can point to Kitsch being a bad thing about that movie when it has fucking WILL.I.AM as a Chinese bootleg Nightcrawler.
>>
>>70309192
cyclops died in xmen 3
jean died in xmen 3

how could that be called xmen 4 if you are ignoring xmen 3
>>
>>70309192
They're already too old. That's why they're not in the movies anymore.
>>
>>70301254
this, vaughn would make X-men great again
>>
Bring the scales way back.
These movies never work as big villain is going to destroy the world shit.
Its funny because the new you Xmen, Cyclops, Storm, and Nightcrawler especially were really good but got lost in the gotta stop the giant villain story.
>>
>>70311860
Should make a Quicksilver vs. Deadpool movie tbqh famalam.
>>
>>70301308

Its gonna be Mr. Sinister on dat one vacationing island

Cyclops and Jean wedding arc... set in 90s... possibly child driven plot??... Cable??

Also wouldnt mind Savage Lands Rogue n Storm
>>
Licensing the rights back to Marvel sounds like a good start because like it or not, they know what they are doing with their properties. Just look at how Tom Holland's Spider-man captures the essence of the comic source faithfully.
>>
>>70312136
horrible idea, fuck off.
>>
>>70307880
I'd give anything to be there, goddamn
>>
File: grannyjean.jpg (161 KB, 634x959) Image search: [Google]
grannyjean.jpg
161 KB, 634x959
>>70309192
>before they get too old
Anon, I...
>>
File: 1450682724059.jpg (33 KB, 502x460) Image search: [Google]
1450682724059.jpg
33 KB, 502x460
>>70314104
What the FUCKKKKK
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.