[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is Deadpool the true success story in Cinema history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1455247284216.jpg (84 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1455247284216.jpg
84 KB, 600x600
>50 M budget
>Rdj Civil war pay cut is 50M
>800M box office without DVD,digital,bluray,merchandise etc sales

is there any other movie 16X'ed budget?
I think this is ultimate success story of all cinema history.

According sources Avatar is best box office of all time with 2.7 Billion but production budget is 450Million. its barely 5x of budget.
what do you think about this?
will marvel going try to get Deadpool in MCU?
Are they going to do 50M$ movies as well?
Are they going to reduce RDJ cut?
>>
They built up the hype perfectly and the flick didn't disappoint
>>
Try Blair Witch project or Paranormal Activity, they were made with fucking peanuts, look it up
>>
>>70300819
Blair witch Budget
20.000$
Box office
$248,639,099
whew
>>
>>70300819
The original Mad Max belongs on the list.
>>
>>70300775
1/5 of the budget to pay 1 actor?
No wonder the CGI was shit by moments
>>
>>70300913
entire budget of deadpool movie payed for 1 actor.

top kek mcu
>>
>>70300819
>The Exorcist
Budget $12 million
Box office $402.7–441.3 million

>Saw
Budget $1.2 million
Box office $103.9 million

>The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Budget $300,000
Box office $30.8 million

What is it about horror movies that make megabucks
>>
>>70301022
Everyone likes a good scare.
>>
>>70301022

something about a good horror movie gets people talking and interested
>>
File: Capebowl.jpg (1 MB, 2768x1448) Image search: [Google]
Capebowl.jpg
1 MB, 2768x1448
>>
There have been many more profitable films.

Blairwitch Project

Paranormal Activity

The Devil Inside (lol, it's true)

My Big Fat Greek Wedding
>>
>>70301022
Well the major audience is always male and under 30 years old. So horror is something that target them well.
>>
>>70301391

I liked that Deadpool's story didn't go full retard like most superhero movies. But fuck he's annoying. I can't imagine watching a movie that isn't 100% flashbacks
>>
>>70300877
Holy shit, they made Blair Witch with $20?
>>
>>70301022
Because horror is the most normie genre.

Normies watch horror movies to talk about the "scary" scenes that got stuck on their minds or which one of them spilled their popcorn while watching it.
>>
>>70302814

They're also cheap as fuck to make since you only need one set and a few actors acting scared and that's it and it actually encourages skimping on the lighting and dialog recording to build le tension. The perfect genre for jews.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.