[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone who hasn't seen this movie because of an aversion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11
File: 13 hours.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
13 hours.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
Anyone who hasn't seen this movie because of an aversion to Michael Bay need to reassess. This was one of the best action movies and the most stressful political commentary I've watched in years.
>>
>>70299517

I heard the editing was shit
>>
>>70299557
it's as hyperactive as all of Bay's films

with a better editor and more restrained direction, this film could've been great, but it verges on incoherence during some of the action sequences. the only part that really hits a home run is the ending.
>>
i watched it the other night, it was like all the good in bay came out again i.e. bad boys and the rock. it was just non stop from start to finish, and the bonding between the soldiers was great, no over the top shit humour from bay either, it was just right. The only thing i felt was a bit hammy was the "muh family" scenes but even they weren't over the top.
>>
>Hey, guise, we're in Libya
>Sandniggers want to kill us
>Let's snipe them from rooftops
>Shades of Black Hawk Down, replete with green lights everywhere
>Muh explosions
>"Your a real 'Murrican hero"
>"I am proud to know 'Murricans like you"
>Ignores diplomatic failure and gov't coverup

TOTAL SHIT
>>
File: 1394722611065.png (859 KB, 639x715) Image search: [Google]
1394722611065.png
859 KB, 639x715
>>70299517

You on cocaine?
>>
>>70299517
I'm with you OP, I can enjoy a michael bay movie when it's good, and this is a good one. Somehow, I expected it to be more over the top and excessive in the action department but I think he knew he was dealing with real events so maybe he stepped it up.
>>
>Two threads about this movie

Tell your bosses at the GOP to stop shilling this shit.
>>
>>70299517
Only thing worse than a Michael Bay movie is a Michael Bay movie that is also blatant right-wing propaganda.
>>
File: 13 Hours.webm (3 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
13 Hours.webm
3 MB, 1920x800
>>
>>70299517
I don't really give a shit if it was good or not, let's skip to the important question

Does it directly implicate Hillary with war crimes?
>>
>>70302535
>complaining about 1 (one) right wing film when Hollywood is full tilt left

Oh please, fuck off.
>>
>>70302799
>Patriotic war flicks are a rarity in American cinema
>>
File: 1316076323242.jpg (208 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
1316076323242.jpg
208 KB, 960x600
>>70299517
What's with all these 13 Hours shill threads?

Was the Yifi JUST released?
>>
>>70302834
I wasn't talking about war flicks, cumstain. Conservative ideas in general are shunned from filmmaking these days.
>>
>>70302887
>Conservative ideas in general are shunned from filmmaking these days.
As well they should be.
>>
>>70302980
>>>leddit is that way, friend.
>>
Big shocker that Hilary is running for president and this movie presents the event like it was an unavoidable, tragic event and help just couldn't get there fast enough because of muh logistics.

KEKEKEKEKEKEK

Shillary will be cleared in the email scandal in late summer, as well. Mark my words.

Jew'd by the turbo liberal establishment again.
>>
Ideology: The Film.
>>
>>70302980
Kill yourself.

I dislike what America has become, but that image is cringeworthy.

You're a faggot.
>>
File: 31313578.jpg (137 KB, 500x684) Image search: [Google]
31313578.jpg
137 KB, 500x684
>>70302980

>this pic
>>
American Sniper feels wrong. It’s all hollow; there’s a constant sense of dislocation, like we’re looking at everything from the wrong angle. It wants the blood and brutality of the Stranger or the Man With No Name, only without his strangeness or his namelessness. It wants the Devil of Ramadi, but can’t accept that he might have been a devil. In fact, the opposite: Eastwood relentlessly humanises his hero, showing us all the pain and stress that the real Chris Kyle never suffered. He wants us to like this guy, this mass murderer, to like him unproblematically – because he’s a good guy, a sheepdog. It’s strange: he’s trying to resurrect all the stupid cowboy clichés he and Leone so thoroughly dismantled decades ago. But for all he rides in rodeos and prances around in a big hat, his Kyle isn’t a friendly cowboy. He kills too easily. He kills children. (At the start of the film, our hero kills a child holding a grenade. His mother rushes towards the body – and then picks up the weapon, forcing Kyle to kill her too. She can’t have loved her child, and so the infanticide is justified. In Kyle’s book, it’s just the woman, who he describes as being evil and having a twisted soul for trying the resist a foreign invasion of her home.) So with both poles of the cowboy continuum barred, the role can only escape into the dangerous wilds of the third term. Kyle is the bandit, the invader: Angel Eyes.

https://samkriss.wordpress.com/2015/01/21/the-last-of-the-cowboys/
>>
>>70303271

>liberal establishment
>biggest news agency is painfully rightwing

Republicucks' victim complex rivals even the SJW crowd.
>>
>>70303456
It would be cool to film American sniper mostly from the enemies pov, being on the receiving end of a sniper is scary
>>
File: 190845.gif (2 MB, 600x357) Image search: [Google]
190845.gif
2 MB, 600x357
>>70303353
>that image is cringeworthy.
It is also 100% accurate
>>
I watched it yesterday, I actually don't have a problem with Bay, Pain and Gain is a comedic masterpiece, and not because it's comically bad or anything, I find it genuinely well made and entertaining.

I really enjoyed it, didn't feel at all like 2.5 hours.

The only problem I had was I was I knew 4 died, but could only remember seeing 3 die on screen (ambassador, IT guy, and the guy who arrived in the convoy who gets hit by a mortar). Turns out I couldn't differentiate between the guy who just lot his arm and the fourth guy who died, both being white, bearded men with buzzcuts covered in dirt, so a lot of the emotional impact (if there was any) was lost on me.

Also the continuity error of the guy from the Office claiming he's so amped up on adreneline he hadn't thought about his family all night, yet in literally the prior scene he interrupted what he was doing in the middle of a firefight to send a vlog to his wife.

The firefights themselves were great, especially the first person shots. Wide enough FOV and stable enough that they didn't make you feel dizzy or anything like that.
>>
>>70299557

>editing is shit

>things plebs say for 100

Can you be specific?
>>
>>70307209
Also forgot to mention it gets shit on by the left for even being related to Clinton and the Benghazi scandal, and it gets shit on by the right for not being a massive political shitshow regarding it.

It's squarely apolitical and down the middle, just focusing on the men who were stuck in that mess, besides a couple of one liners spread over nearly 3 hours of movie, which is why everyone seems to shit on it. Plus its cool and trendy to hate Bay.
>>
>>70299652

>its what happened
>>
>>70302980
>>70305473
Jesus, the butthurt of this guy
>>
>"are you with feb 17?"
>"y-yes..."
>suddenly explosions behind them and two guys without limbs show up
>"god fucking damnit, were you trying to bluw us up?"
>"n-no..."
bravo mikey
>>
So on a scale of 1 to American Sniper, where does this rank on the American propaganda meter?
>>
>>70302864
yeah, few days ago.surprisingly its pretty good
>>
>>70299517
>tfw started watching this saturday
>tfw I thought "man these are Michael Bay tier dialogue and camera pans"
>tfw film ends, first credit line says Directed by Michael Bay
I felt patrician
>>
>>70307519
It criticizes US foreign policy in Libya and the CIA
>>
>>70299517
>disgusting grainy yellow filter in day scenes
>disgusting grainy blue filter in night scenes
>coward & incompetent civil workers who cower like rats vs. proud true hero soldiers who sacrifices themselves for those little shits
>can't stop my camera from moving during dialog scenes just because
>incoherent editing out of the ass
>muh usa ;_;
still a Bay film
>>
>>70299557
The editing is great, it's supposed to be complete chaos. The soldiers didn't know who was fighting with them or against them.
>>
>>70299517
Looks like a propaganda film that whitewashes the absolute failure on the US government's part of the whole affair.

So like, all of it was a failure.
>>
Looks pretty boring
>>
File: 1400527695258.jpg (1 MB, 984x1560) Image search: [Google]
1400527695258.jpg
1 MB, 984x1560
>>70299517

The only thing about this movie that irks me, but I knew would be this way is the fact that they gloss over the entire reason the CIA is there in the first place. They pretend like they aren't shoveling shit down our throats when they say, "Were buying back MANPADS off the black market."

Everyone knows that isn't what the CIA does, and that's why they were there. That's another reason Hillary's emails are trying to be swept under the rug. So much incriminating evidence, as well as the probable fact that they let the diplomatic outpost get buttfucked purely to create anti-Muslim sentiment back home that they could capitalize on.

Pacing was kind of shit though. My /k/ autism gets me kind of upset when I watch RPG-7's used like short range grenade launchers throwing confetti. It had a lot of nice gunplay though.
>>
>>70302758
>Does it directly implicate Hillary with war crimes?

No. But it does deal with the fact that the State Dept. was watching via live feed from a drone and wasn't lifting a finger to help. So indirectly implicating her.
>>
How was this OK? What the fuck is wrong with the American government? Fuck America
>>
>>70310632

American here. They're criminals, but no more or less criminals than whoever runs your government/banks. If you're purely blaming America for the worlds problems and not looking at the big picture you need to grow up.
>>
File: Zombie_outbreak_in_Scranton.jpg (122 KB, 634x625) Image search: [Google]
Zombie_outbreak_in_Scranton.jpg
122 KB, 634x625
What did Jenna Fischer think of the film?
>>
>>70310919

She openly masturbated at the premiere.
>>
>>70300908
Ass-blasted Bernie supporter detected
>>
Saw it today. Liked it.
>>
>>70307345
Explain how that image is inaccurate.
>>
>>70307519
Holy fuck you must be a real goddamn dumbfuck if you think AS was propaganda.
>>
>>70299652
>I did not watch the film
why bother posting in the thread
>>
>>70311682
>hes too dumb to understand a clint eastwood war movie
>>
File: yh.png (7 KB, 238x214) Image search: [Google]
yh.png
7 KB, 238x214
>>70311692
AAHAHAHAHAAHA

Don't you have some COD to play, champ?
>>
>>70312271
Have you even gone through Clint's filmography?
You've terribly misunderstood Clint as a person and director if you think American Sniper was propaganda.
>>
>>70302691
Do rockets often bounce off the ground or walls irl?
>>
>>70312639
If they have a delay in their priming.
>>
>>70312639
>>70312678
In the movie Act of Valour one guy gets hit in the body armor by an RPG that doesn't go off and it just knocks him ass up but nothing serious. That movie was supposed to be realistic but I don't know.
>>
>>70312958
Is possible if it comes with delay on its priming, so it doesn't explode in your feet or some such if you fuck up
>>
>>70312958

In Mogadishu in '92 or whatever there was a guy that had an un-detonated RPG-7 lodged in his abdomen. He was died from the injuries I believe.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.