[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT movies that are great to a certain point before destroying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (59 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
59 KB, 720x1080
>ITT movies that are great to a certain point before destroying any love you could've had

Pic related. Genuinely one of the WORST endings ever ive seen, completely tanked the movie
>>
Completely agree. Absolutely no reason for the alien shit.
>>
>>70299077

Sad part is that that ending was blatantly tacked on to loosely connect it to a popular previous film to try and sell some extra tickets.

The original script ending suited it perfectly.
>>
What do you mean? MEW soloing an alien ship was believable, sexists.
>>
>>70299190
what was the original ending
>>
>>70299077

The twist was so bad that it calls Jew Jew's integrity into question. Oh that's right he didn't have any. Torrents ahoy, not paying for this guy's shit anymore.
>>
>>70299077
I loved the ending.

Didn't destroy anything that had happened prior to that, was just a nice little bonus sequence.

If you hate aliens, why are you watching?
>>
Scrap the original ending.

Of these two, which would you rather have?

>movie ends immediately after MEW escapes, world is fine, no aliens

>MEW escapes, gets on the truck, sees the alien ship in the distance, movie ends
>>
>>70299311
I reckon the movie would've ended better if you didn't know if the guy was telling the truth or not. Keep it open ended like these types of movies do.

Spending the entire movie getting to know the psychology of all the characters and then going all action sequence is jarring and doesn't flow.
>>
File: sunshine.jpg (163 KB, 1000x1469) Image search: [Google]
sunshine.jpg
163 KB, 1000x1469
>>
File: village.jpg (103 KB, 736x1104) Image search: [Google]
village.jpg
103 KB, 736x1104
>>
Honestly i hated michelle.She literally regales a story of being a garbage person then proceeds to be one

She was SUCH an ungrateful bitch - never even apologized or said thank you

IMO Goodman completely carried the movie, killer performance
>>
would've been better if it was the actual cloverfield monster at the end tbqh family
>>
File: NOwS64t.png (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
NOwS64t.png
18 KB, 600x600
>>70299077
>getting triggered by a strong perfect MEW that can do literally anything
>>
File: v1[1].jpg (193 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
v1[1].jpg
193 KB, 800x1200
>>
>>70299464
I won't even deny i was triggered. She was a MacGuffin monster.
>>
just stop the movie when it shows the birds.
>>
File: 12.jpg (57 KB, 485x716) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
57 KB, 485x716
>>70299077
>>
>>70299236

Basically she "escapes", hops in the truck, hightails it down the road to a vantage point, and looks out to see the city skyline in ruins from some sort of giant chemical weapon attack.
>>
I liked it. I guess it sets it up for Cloverfield 2? I forgot what happens in Cloverfield 1 and how it was tied to 10 Cloverfield Lane though. Also, that pic of John Goodman and the girl he kidnapped. Who took it!?
>>
>>70299757
Its technically completely unrelated but it shoehorns some aliens in at the end.
>>
>>70299757
>I forgot what happens in Cloverfield 1 and how it was tied to 10 Cloverfield Lane though.
Literally nothing.
>>
>>70299348
>movie ends immediately after MEW escapes, world is fine, no aliens
this would have been predictable but ok

>MEW escapes, gets on the truck, sees the alien ship in the distance, movie ends
this would have been more fun, and wouldn't have harmed the rest of the movie
>>
I would have love to see an ending that rewarding the girl for being such an untrusting, ungrateful cunt ... like as soon as she steps outside, an alien grabs her and decapitates her. End credits. Boom.
>>
Should have ended right after MEW said
>come on
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.