[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will True Detective ever be as good as Season 1? I mean, holy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 532707.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
532707.jpg
194 KB, 1920x1080
Will True Detective ever be as good as Season 1?

I mean, holy fuck. Season 1 was a godamn masterpiece, son. The surrealism and lovecraftian-vibe from the Carcosa cult and "The Yellow King" mixed in with the decades time jumping spent hunting that fucker was awesome. Even if it was just some fat fucking hillbilly, that last fight scene was some scary shit.

Season 2 was aight, but still lacked that horror of an insane cult murdering across decades with the help of a powerful family tree.

pls based detective, show us the way
>>
Season 1 was good but became so fucking overrated. People were putting it up there with Breaking Bad and The Wire but it doesn't belong there.
>>
>>70295882
It was cancelled.
>>
>>70295988
>breaking bad
Kill yourself reddit
>>
>>70295988
Honestly, I think it gets pretty close.

It's a different beast, though. Being only 8 episodes radically changes the approach in both creating and viewing.
>>
>>70295882
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U
>30 seconds in and out
>>
>>70295882
Are they even doing a 3rd season of this? I thought TD was ded.
>>
>>70295988
You're right, but was much better.
>>
>>70295988

>Breaking Bad

You mean the show that completely fell apart like 4th season then shit out 3 more seasons for no reason and was jam packed full of shit?

BB is by FAR the most overrated tv show in history.
>>
File: 1391288855188.gif (895 KB, 240x183) Image search: [Google]
1391288855188.gif
895 KB, 240x183
>Just came to fuck your wife's fat ass, Marty.
>>
>>70296160
It is. The guy that made it is signed on to do more stuff with HBO but it won't be TD.
>>
>>70295882
Pretty sure they basically said season 3 isn't going to happen recently.
>>
Season 2 was so shit because Pizza flew too close to the Sun. You can't just make a tv series about an occult secret society amongst the elite, composed of Senators, Governors, Mayors, Reverends, and who knows who else, and how they systemically abduct kids, molest them, ritualistically slaughter them in devil worship, and expect to get away unscathed.

Season 2 was supposed to feature about as much occult stuff but at the last minute a few weeks before the series premiere Pizza just suddenly came out and said that the occult shit was dropped, because, with no further explanation. Probably was sent pictures of his daughter in her bed while she slept.
>>
>>70295882

I don't think S2 was the worst thing ever like some people said. However, it didn't help being the shadow of S1 and the meteoric rise the show had, combine that with the fact that a majority of the audience hated the fact that Matthew and Woody wouldn't be back even though Pizza said it was a different cast each time. Another problem was the fact it didn't have 1 set director like S1.
>>
>>70296230
There was only 5 seasons you moron.

You didn't even watch it so you're obviously full of shit.
>>
>>70296342

Fuck, you're probably right.
>>
>>70296230
Good lord. I don't come to /tv/ often because everyone here has such terrible opinions, but I didn't realize it had gotten this bad.
>>
>>70296342
No it fell apart because Pizza decided S1 was a smash hit because of his writing and not because he was being carried by a world class director and really good actors. He parted ways with Cary and everything fell apart.

The writing in S2 is just some of the most laughable fucking garbage sometimes.
>>
Is The Night Of supposed to be the spiritual successor?
>>
Velcro is the best part in all of True Detective
>>
>>70295882
Season 2 bro
>>
>>70296496
Season two was originality about the occult origins of the California transportation system so there was a definite change at some point.
>>
File: 1454740508236.gif (3 MB, 310x174) Image search: [Google]
1454740508236.gif
3 MB, 310x174
No. Show recently was cancelled after the trainwreck of season 2. It's a goddamn shame, s1 is some of the finest TV I've ever seen - one of the few shows where I honestly got excited for each new episode. Comfy as fuck too.
>>
>>70296293
Just as well. The only things connecting TD S1 and S2 were the fact that they had cops.
>>
IT'S ALMOST AS IF WHEN PIZZA COULDN'T JUST PLAGURISE THE THEMES AND TONE OF THE SHOW, IT'S JUST A GENERIC BORING PROCEDURAL!
>>
>>70297368
plagiarize from what?
>>
File: maggie pumped.gif (2 MB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
maggie pumped.gif
2 MB, 500x328
this scene was intense.
>>
>>70297396
not him but I'm assuming he's talking about The Watchmen, which is a fair comparison. the last scene of s1 where rust is talking about the stars was borderline plagiarized, though.
>>
>>70297396
>>70297508
http://www.avclub.com/article/true-detective-creator-accused-plagiarism-cruel-un-207810

There's many articles where people talk about it.

It's a fine line between homage and plagiurism.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.