[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of y'all niggas ever actually made a film? How'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: 1421768405897.png (817 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1421768405897.png
817 KB, 720x540
Any of y'all niggas ever actually made a film? How'd you guys get money for it?

also general filmmaking thread, post stories, films, etc.
>>
>>70295049
*crickets*
>>
Does filming an episode of Teen Mom count?
>>
>>70295440
Did you actually? How was the experience?
>>
>>70295049
You get a producer and give your trust to him based on his rapport
>>
>>70295049
I made two shitty short films for a class earlier this year. I want to make an 80's inspired short, which I post about here frequently.

I'm in a bit of a fucky place at this very moment though, so I'm listening to the Mountain Goats and Andrew Jackson Jihad on the request of a friend and it's making me want to do a really surreal indie flick, something that subverts the traditional indie formula and actually feels truly bizarre and almost hopeless in a way.

It wouldn't be marketable for shit but it'd be fun to do.
>>
>>70295049
Made this experimental short, also made a short a few months ago but I'm not super happy with how it turned out. My filmmaking mentor just got a budget for a 25 min short film we wrote together, we're in pre-production right now aiming to shoot spring 2017 it'll be the first legit thing I'm co-writing and co-directing so I'm pretty hyped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBNEzdGF2U4
>>
>>70297788
Hello Abed.
>>
>>70295049
>How'd you guys get money for it?

save up

or borrow from friends and family like darren aronofsky did for pi

or find local investors such as small business owners like sam raimi did for the evil dead
>>
Yes. A Frankenstein "parody" that clocked in at 1 hour 6 minutes.

It was shit.
>>
>>70295049
I sucked a lot of jew dick.
t.snyder
>>
>>70298083
I remember seeing this posted before. What'd you use to grade it? The exterior in the beginning looks killer.
>>
>>70298527
Just graded right in premiere also shot with cinestyle on my t3i which helps too
>>
>>70298623
Looks great. You should shoot some narrative stuff, you have a good eye.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 750x1033) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 750x1033
>>70298125
You know I identified with that nigga so hard when I first watched the show

Still do a little

Anyway, I have no idea what I want the plot to be for that indie script I mentioned, but I went ahead and wrote up a first page anyway.

Here it is.
>>
>>70298770
Thanks, will do for sure!
>>
you used to be able to apply for funds from the local government to make movies for under $2,500 where I live, they binned that program to fund an indie game program now

it spawned a little movie festival so once every few months there'd be a bunch of hipsters that gathered to watch those movies, they ended up being mostly about how traumatising the world is for teenage girls growing up and gay people
>>
>>70298945
Pretty good, I like the location you painted and that Michael is on the hood of the car drinking I can really picture that character, I'm also intrigued by the phone call. Maybe having someone tied up in the trunk is a bit cliche though? Keep it up!
>>
>>70295049
Either have a good ass story and script and work around your budget constraints. i.e. super cheap but still good. Just make it work

Or

Suck a jews dick
>>
half of /tv/ is just former /sp/ posters looking for somewhere to funpost
>>
>>70299147
Thanks. I've got a vague idea of where I want to go with it now (Michael thinks Scott framed him for a kidnapping/robbery or something) but I want it to play out like a really stereotypical quirky indie comedy that goes really dark Tarantino-esque crime comedy somewhere in the middle.
>>
>>70299255
I see! thats cool, makes me think of from dusk til dawn just different genres. Sounds like it'll be a fun script
>>
>>70299063
>they ended up being mostly about how traumatising the world is for teenage girls growing up and gay people
I'm surprised you didn't mention suicide or young love.
>>
File: 1671447.jpg (65 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1671447.jpg
65 KB, 480x640
>>70295049
When i was around 7. A after hours teacher decided to have us make a stop motion film using lego.

After hours is pretty much student that have parent that work very late and usually comes to pick up their kids a couple of hours after school ends.

So this teacher was a guy in his mid 20 who had access to a camera which was kinda rare back then so just that was pretty cool.

We we're like 9 kids who all made our own lego Race car that would take part in a race.

The whole stop motion would be a race and all the shenanigans that happens during it. So we all made one race car using lego and then we would all come up with ideas for how we the race would take place. We pretty much set up a race course in our classroom and used item like pens and such to be the racing tracks edges.

it was quite fun experience. Tho the teacher did most of the work all the kids helped with coming up with ideas. The whole group was one guy doing the work and the rest being the ideas guy. All the kids were around 8 so not much we could do.

Nothing really stood out about the race other than the girl waving the starting flag got run over and that one kids car crashed and went to steal some other racers car.

The reason one car got stolen was because that cars kid was sick for the day and went he got back he was kinda pissed about it but got over pretty quickly.

In the end we never got to see the finished product because the camera the teacher used was faulty and apparently produced corrupt data when transfererad to a computer which kind sucked.
>>
>>70299210

Aint it the truth. I miss those golden /sp/ days.
>>
>>70295049
Wrote and recorded the music for two short films a friend made, one of them won a local competition. That's about it.
>>
Anyone who has the drive to make films isn't going to be posting on/tv/. Unlike some other boards on this site there is very little quality discussion here and not many reasons for film fans to stay outside the memes
>>
File: 1415374644262.png (46 KB, 184x155) Image search: [Google]
1415374644262.png
46 KB, 184x155
>>70299255
>>70298945
>michael scott
>>
>>70298083
2deep4me
>>
>>70300645
Funny enough I actually wasn't thinking about the office

I'd had Michael Cera in mind at the time, I think the Scott (Pilgrim) subconsciously came from there. The Mrs. Peterson bit was from The Guest, actually.
>>
File: aasdasds.jpg (4 MB, 2500x1318) Image search: [Google]
aasdasds.jpg
4 MB, 2500x1318
>>70295049
You could save up, get from friends, like>>70298163 said.

But your best bet is film funds, art funds, if you have a social topic like alcoholism, sexism, immigrants, depression, crime then you could try a fund or organization that spreads awareness about these topics.

Or mostly likely. You could crowd fund it. I did this last year for my short. Its terrible though. It doesn't go as easy as one might think.

Or if you want to get some nice portfolio stuff. Go make music videos for bands.They'll give you a small budget to work with. Pic related. From a new music video I did a week ago (Edit locks today and grading starts tonight)

>>70298945
Try not to write BEAT. Try to write what happens in that beat. What illustrates that beat.

Writing beat is like making a song but only recording yourself shouting A CHORD, B CHORD. instead of the actual instruments. What if you get on the set with the actors? Are they just gonna freeze and stare awkwardly to the ceiling for a few seconds before continuing. Something happens in that space of that beat.
>>
File: asdasdssss.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1331) Image search: [Google]
asdasdssss.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1331
>>70302099
And you should focus on getting sponsoring. For this shoot we got a sony F55 with Cooke lenses and all the side equipment we needed for free. (They also wanted to give us a RED Epic monochrome. But sadly a full paying customer came for it a few days earlier. Rentals always have some stuff collecting dust.

Transport, logistics and catering should be the main things you spend money on when its a low budget production.
>>
I produce only the finest of doggo-kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip10lRWRE_I
>>
>>70303378
any tips on finding reliable sponsors?
>>
File: 61.jpg (309 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
309 KB, 1920x1080
>>70304993
You won't find any with money. Locations you can easily get for free. Worst case you offer to make a promotional video for them

H&M is always a sponsor, albeit unknowingly. You just take some clothes and return them later. Actors will work for free. but feed them properly and give them a set of clothing. They usually get annoyed when they are wearing their own clothing, it makes them feel like themselves.

The biggest is lights and camera equip. You'll have to get lucky and just be upfront. Usually they'll cut you a deal. Or get a DOP and Gaffer that has good connections and he'll do the deal.
>>
>>70295049
>How'd you guys get money for it?
lol you kno any jews
>>
>be me
>Make adventure horror movie with friends in woods
>Submit to a film festival
>Win
>Sit back and watch everyone call my movie shit
>Want to kill myself knowing I'll never get anywhere in film
>>
File: 1463859330568.jpg (65 KB, 411x412) Image search: [Google]
1463859330568.jpg
65 KB, 411x412
>>70295049
I made a short film, spoken language is swedish but I put in english subtitles. no budget, no crew, just me and the actor, one camera, one microphone, two LED lights from the school.
you guys can see it here if you want, offer criticism and whatnot: https://vimeo.com/djuki/thechair2016
>>
Just launched a film for a client (a short edutainment film).

You've got to network and win the client's trust and confidence.
>>
>>70299569
What backwards fucking shithole do you come from where that is considered anywhere close to acceptable English ?
>>
>>70299569
>>70306381
I remember my elementary school media class. Depressing to think everyone has a complete editing suite on their phones now a days.

We did the stop motion with play mobile
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.