[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>find out you have a doppelganger >use it as an excuse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: Enemy_poster.jpg (32 KB, 282x400) Image search: [Google]
Enemy_poster.jpg
32 KB, 282x400
>find out you have a doppelganger
>use it as an excuse to literally cuck yourself
10/10 film. Villeneuve delivered.
But seriously, though. That fucking ending.
>>
>>70294714
spoders
>>
>>70294714
>an excuse to literally cuck yourself
are you even trying faggot, go watch the film again
>>
>>70294714
Is it worth watching? Seems like one of those 2deep4me movies, that tries super hard to be pretentious
>>
No doppleganger... just was crazy. Also the films events are out of chronological order and spiders represent his fear of commitment
(had a film analysis on this for my college class)
>>
>>70294714
It's not that hard to figure out mang
>>
>>70297137

I always go into movies like this as an experience, I try to enjoy the cooky story and wack imagery like I would with something like Fantasia.

Definitely worth a watch, zone out and/or enjoy with some stimulants
>>
>>70296730
He thought he was
>>
>>70296730
>>70297155
>>70297210
you fags can't take a joke these days.
>>
So what's the deal with the spiders?
>>
File: 1457749400071.jpg (40 KB, 353x357) Image search: [Google]
1457749400071.jpg
40 KB, 353x357
I didn't understand the ending, what was analogy with the tarantula? Appreciate it if someone could explain it to me
>>
>>70294714
really interesting film
this and Prisoners prove that Villeneuve and Gyllenhaal are a fantastic mix. Really wish Gyllenhaal was chosen to star in Villeneuve's Blade Runner sequel instead of the Goose. He'd probably give a much better performance.
>>
>>70297532
>hurr i was only pretending to be retarded
try reddit
>>
>>70297576
>>70297593

I interpreted them to represent women and relationships, or his fear of them (can't really remember, been ages since I saw it)
in the beginning he goes to that Eyes Wide Shut thing and watches spiders get crushed by attractive women, which I interpret as him attempting to crush his fear of women and I suppose commitment by cheating
but ultimately the spider ends up scared of him, and it's likely he'll go out and cheat again so he did crush his fear but not by mending his relationship with his wife/gf
>>
>>70297601
>I hesitated massively. It took me a lot of time to say yes. Not because I didn’t believe in it, because I was like ‘Who am I to dare to touch that?’ And at the same there’s a part of me that said, ‘I’m a hardcore fan, I don’t want to fuck that up.

http://collider.com/blade-runner-2-director-denis-villeneuve-talks-sci-fi-sequel-harrison-ford/

Denis knows what he's doing that's all I care about
>>
>>70297676
except the fact they've cast Ford and thus completely ruined the whole background of the first film in that Deckard is a replicant
>>
>>70297705
Isn't that a theory? It wasn't even explained well in the film
>>
>>70297752
it's very heavily alluded to with Gaff (is that his name?) knowing about Deckard's dreams of the unicorn (because they were fake memories)
Also, in one of the endings, dunno which, it ends with Deckard and Rachel driving along and Rachel says to him that the two were "made for each other" and Deckard doesn't respond, but a slight look of realisation appears on his face before he turns back

Scott discusses the unicorn point and then even confirms the theory himself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7o0rvVxU0w
>>
>>70297576
abstract visual metaphor, just adds to the disturbing tone of the film
>>
File: toronto.png (384 KB, 945x519) Image search: [Google]
toronto.png
384 KB, 945x519
>>70294714
A
FUCKING
LEAF
>>
>>70298478
>toronto is yellow
Very accurate, you won't find any whites there.
>>
>>70294714
The ending spider was the guy's wife, she was trying to get away from him because she just got a phone call about the car crash and death and was frightened.
>>
>slow and boring = deep and clever the movie

Movies like this are literal cancer. So are people who enjoy them.
>>
>>70299034
That's sort of what I though, that she realized it wasn't her husband at that moment somehow.
>>
Gyllenhaal is an actor soon to be married that receives an invitation to a brothel, in which he possibly meets the blonde woman and he starts an affair with her.
Fiancee finds out and gets mad, Jake goes to the hotel with blonde girl and has a fight with her, they leave angry and the car crashes (that's why both his teacher self and actor self had the scar).
The girlfriend gets sorry for Jake and accepts him back, he stops acting and decides to start teaching, because his girlfriend is now pregnant and he realizes they need a steadier income.
It's in that moment his colleague tells him to watch a movie and the movie starts.
All the scenes with his doppelganger are made up in his mind as a way of him to cope with everything that's happening in his life, he assumes a different personality, the actor personality, when he is with his wife because that's was how we was before the accident and he can't accept things changed.
His wife starts to caught up with the problem and goes to the school to talk with him, but she realizes he's in another personality and doesn't recognize her, she tears up because she realized he was crazy.
Eventually he returns home with the teacher mind and she asks him if he can stay like that, meaning she wants a more responsible man in her life.
Then he receives another invitation to that brothel and he decides he wants to go again, he see his wife in the spider form and see a woman crushing a spider in the brothel, symbolizing that he see marriage and relationship as a trap (literally a fly in the web).
The wife get's suspicious he's having another affair (hinted with the "You're seeing her again?" line) and kicks him out.
He buys another apartment (His mother's line at the beginning of the movie) and goes to live there while teaching at the school, the sex scenes with the blonde in the beginning all happened within the same day.
>>
The movie is in non-chronological order, the series of events i wrote (>>70300162) is how it think the plot is supposed to run.
Had to remove some text because it got over 2000.
>>
one of the best movies i watched recent years.

literally kafka tier
>>
>>70294714
WHAT DO THE SPIODERS MEAN?
>>
>>70294714
Wow that movie was soooo deeep man
Dude it was like... like spuders man
Man you dont get it mmang
Spuders
Reaallyy deeep deude
>>
>>70294714

Its one of the few films that I ever had problems understanding fully. It still leaves me with confusion as to the literal vs allegorical meanings.
>>
>>70297876
Not that dude but:
even though Scott had made Legend, which also has a unicorn. Which means BR unicorn = test footage from Legend's unicorn. Cheap ass addition to make more out of BR? maybe
Also Deckard being a replicant leaves lots of holes in the plot, and upon its original release both Ford and Scott confirmed that he is human

I think they kinda did the film so both theories can be possible and then added shit with the Director's Cut.
>>
Sarah Gadon was distractingly beautiful, even as a pregnant woman. Great film, one of the best of 2014. Scratches that itch for a Lynch film quite well.
>>
>>70297137
Your post tells me you won't enjoy it. Just watch the Avengers again
>>
>>70299668
But it wasn't boring, and the pace of the film lends itself to the atmosphere that was being portrayed
>>
>>70304740

inj the books its more clear that deckard is a replicant

have you read it? there are these boxes in everyones house that allow them to access this like shared fantasy where they feel emotionally connected to everyone else. replicants cant use this or feel this emotional conneciton, its a major plot point. Deckard cannot either
>>
>>70297137
>Saying 2deep4me unironically
>Misunderstanding the meaning of "pretentious"

Just go watch more capeshit.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.