[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on the young Han film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
What's your opinion on the young Han film?
>>
File: hohoho.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hohoho.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1080
Oh Solo! Come, join me in the hangar. It seems Greedo's a no show, which is simply a bore, but I'll partner you and Chewie. Why the pout?
>>
I'm alright with it. Although that Alden guy doesn't look like he'd spawn a troglodyte like Adam Driver.
>>
bucky from captain america could be young luke skywalker
>>
>>70288854
I like his face. It doesn't piss me off like Pratt, Rudd, Evans, etc. Star Wars >>> Capeshit
>>
>>70288854
>Literally scouted at Bar Mitzvah
/pol/ was right
>>
>>70291299
yeah, his rol in Hail, Caesar! it's pretty good and he seems like a good guy, also his acting skills are fine, really hyped about this even if I preffer Miles Teller as young Solo.
>>
>>70291466
The saddest words of tongue and pen
/pol/ was right again
>>
https://youtu.be/2av9oRIy5XY
>>
>>70288854
kill it with fire
>>
File: Sebastian-Stan-Mark-Hamill-1.jpg (56 KB, 472x334) Image search: [Google]
Sebastian-Stan-Mark-Hamill-1.jpg
56 KB, 472x334
>>70289599
This has to happen
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 716x716) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 716x716
>>70289599
>>70291299
>>70291466
>>70291788
>>70291855
Oh mama
>>
It's not a Boba Fett film.
>>
>>70288854
dont want it,wont see it
>>
>>70292054
fuck off millennial cuck
>>
It's pointless. I didn't even like Han when Harrison Ford played him in Force Awakens. He didn't really act like based original Han. Harrison Ford perfected the character in the first three movies. They're going to try to make a Han Solo movie, but we'll end up with "Star Lord: Origins".

What they should be doing is an Obi Wan spinoff that brings back Ewan McGregor (who's already expressed interest) to play Obi, that focuses on whatever shenanigans he got up to after dropping Luke off with Owen and Beru.

Ewan as Obi was one of the only bright spots of the prequels, give him a movie he deserves.
>>
>>70288854
yeah I don't like another jew, but this guy earned his place by that performance in Hail Ceasar.

He ought to get a supporting actor oscar for it.
>>
Awful choice,this guy should have been chosen,he's perfect for the role just look at that cock!
>>
>>70288854
could have been a fuck of a lot worse.
>>
>>70292054
>>70292681
not that bad a stand in for young post-accident hamill tbqh famalamadingdong
>>
>>70288854
Pointless and will ultimately disappoint everyone.

Han Solo was great because it was Harrison Ford playing himself.
>>
File: Untitled.png (705 KB, 764x548) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
705 KB, 764x548
>>70288854

/thread
>>
It's not a movie that needs to be made. One of the cool things about Han Solo in ANH is that he just so happens to be in the cantina at the right time. Luke could have hitched a ride with any other asshole which kind of suggests that it's a really big galaxy out there. We learn everything we need to know about Han Solo from his introduction and the Greedo scene.
>He transports people and things illegally
>He gets in over his head with gangsters and crosses paths with bounty hunters

So of course for the Solo movie they're thinking
>"Well you've got a beloved character, and the makings of a great adventure! Maybe he'll smuggle some people or things and get into trouble with Jabba!"
But the problem is we already see him doing that, in Star Wars.

So this leads to the biggest problem with a Han Solo movie - HAN SOLO CAN'T HAVE A SIGNIFICANT CHARACTER ARC IN IT.

They want to use Han because people love him, right? That's exactly the problem. The Han Solo we meet in ANH is still rough around the edges, a killer, his heart of gold is kind of buried under all the shit he's seen. His arc in the OT as we all know is that he slowly learns to become a hero and care for others/serve a greater cause.

So what's young Han going to do? Just be a dick all the time? He'll just be a younger, quippier version of the Han we're introduced to.
>"Well maybe he starts off being a lot different and becomes the Han we all know and love by the end of the movie"

Sure, but then why even make the movie about Han Solo at all? He won't be "the han we all love" for most of the movie so what's the fucking appeal?

Oh and you can bet your ass that if we see bounty hunters in the Solo movie they'll just be Young Greedo and Young Bossk because there have only ever been about 10 bounty hunters ever in the history of the galaxy.

I bet we'll even see Young Lando and he'll say something like
>Han you really get under my skin, sometimes I just want to freeze you in carbonite!
>>
File: 15678909778.png (181 KB, 400x312) Image search: [Google]
15678909778.png
181 KB, 400x312
>>70288854
>making this instead of a movie about shota Luke's daily life

Complete garbage.
>>
>>70289004
underrated as fuck right here.
>>
>>70292054
Episode 6.5 when? Looks like Disney will be running the franchise into the ground, so let's make the most of it.
>>
I'd much rather see an Obi-Wan movie or a Sheev one than nu-male nostalgia bait #13121
>>
>>70288854
only works if you cast harrison and cgi his face younger
>>
>>70296678
THIS
>>
i know how this is going to sound, but he really looks like ford in the nose are
>>
>>70288854

TERRIBLE HAIRLINE
>>
>>70288854
Looks like a Potato and older than Han does in IV
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.