[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of preacher? I enjoyed it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: preacher-poster-2.jpg (514 KB, 1280x1896) Image search: [Google]
preacher-poster-2.jpg
514 KB, 1280x1896
What do you guys think of preacher? I enjoyed it.
>>
File: 1464501259881.jpg (66 KB, 600x469) Image search: [Google]
1464501259881.jpg
66 KB, 600x469
>show is called Preacher™
>it has a Preacher in it
Real subtle AMC™
>>
>>70288839
Cautiously optimistic. I wasn't able to make up my mind about much from just the one episode, but I like the casting so far. Jesse and Cassidy seem pretty spot on. Tulip's personality isn't quite what I had in mind from the comics, but I like her so far so whatever. It'll be impossible to really get this right on screen, but accepting that and moving on, I say so far so good.
>>
>>70288839

the show sucked. And I find outcast, the cinemax series to be much better if we have to compare two new series with preachers, small towns, and off comics in the same week.

Fuck this show, I don't care that its not like the comic. This show just sucks and you know its gonna be full of filler to last many years. It really sucked. Wont even give it a 2nd episode chance.
>>
>>70289897
>this full of venom over one fucking episode
This is why I don't come to /tv/ very often.
>>
Let's air one episode and then take a week off to let people forget it ever existed
>>
>>70289897
>outcast
YES that show is much better and deserves more attention
>>
I just finished watching it and came to see if there were any threads about it. I'm also cautiously optimistic. Casting seems good and the change from blonde white girl to mocha for tulip I don't really mind as she has a good attitude.

I don't remember that much about the comics. I read a shitload but it was a good while ago, so I'm not fussed about the story as long as its good (and its written by the BrBa guy so hey, good backing). I'm eager to see how they'll get around the few story bits I remember (church blowing up f.ex)
>>
I liked it, the main cast is charismatic, and the story seems really weird in a fun way. I don't read comics so I don't care about any differences from the original
>>
It was meh for me, ill still give it a couple more episodes but I was disappointed. I also think it shoulda been on HBO
>>
>>70290504
If there were ever a comic I'd recommend to someone who doesn't normally read comics, this would be the one.
>>
I enjoyed it too. Comfy, funny, and looks great. Seems like a good show to give more of my Sundays meaning. I had no idea what the Irish faggot was saying. What was he even doing on that plane? Really what?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.