[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roots Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Roots.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Roots.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
Episode 2 hype
>>
>/tv/ only cares about taste!
Ya'll got /pol/'d hard.
>>
File: 1441601726370.png (264 KB, 369x524) Image search: [Google]
1441601726370.png
264 KB, 369x524
>They cut off his fucking foot
>>
Are people genuinely not interested in this, or is there some sort of concerted effort not to give it attention?
>>
>>70289917
There's another thread up.
>>
No thanks, I'm fresh out of white guilt
>>
>>70289372
>/pol/
>taste
>>
Where is key and peele ?

You damn well know they're going to be idiot slaves.
>>
>>70290116
They're not discussing the show. They're circlejerking their 3rd-grade-level racist tendencies.
>>
>>70290487
Yeah, I just realized that.

>>70290256
>Where is key and peele ?
What?
>>
The show is pretty good so far. I don't know why everyone is so butthurt
>>
why is this cuck so mad at tobby
>>
>>70290991
4chan is racist.
>>
>>70290991
cause its lame played out we wuz slave shit that is fucking everywhere these days
>>
>>70291509
Everywhere? Like...
>>
>>70291555
Underground
12 Years a Slave
Birth of a Nation
Django Unchained
>>
>>70291604
Damn, 4 movies. Cinema is ruined.
>>
>>70291622
I know right pack it up
>>
>>70291509
America rubs the history on its skin or else it gets the riots again.
>>
I feel dumb for not considering that Virginia would have been hit by a hurricane sometime during Kunta Kinte's life.
>>
How the hell haven't blacks burned down this country yet.
>>
>>70291555
you don't think it's a coincidence that a new version of a show about black slaves has been made while groups like black lives matter and people like al Sharpton regularly cry out about oppression?

I see this show for what it is: another Hollywood remake to make money off people. it's controversial and has the support of BLM. it's like money is falling from the sky for these execs

If you want to participate in this extended effort by the black community to force more while guilt bullshit into the media then go ahead
>>
>>70294097
>If you want to participate in this extended effort by the black community to force more while guilt bullshit into the media then go ahead
>Extended effort by the black community to force white guilt
Well you heard it here first folks. This 4chan poster right here has stumbled upon the black community's ultimate master plan to make white people feel bad. Holy shit do you know how retarded you sound? I bet you believe vaccines are the government's way to give people autism.

Also
>White Guilt
The only people who actually feel "white guilt" are retards or actual racists.

Did you own a slave?
Did you rape black women in front of their powerless husbands and sell off their children?
No?

Then these shows aren't about you, you egotistical retarded fuck. They are emotional stories about the past which is why they are so popular.
>>
>>70294853
>Did you own a slave?
>Did you rape black women in front of their powerless husbands and sell off their children?
>No?
>Then these shows aren't about you, you egotistical retarded fuck. They are emotional stories about the past which is why they are so popular.
This. They're only about you if you're doing reprehensible shit that your descendents will look back on in disgust.
>>
>>70294853
>This 4chan poster right here has stumbled upon the black community's ultimate master plan to make white people feel bad.

Christ, I can tell you're a newfag. Otherwise, you would know from just being here for more then a week will tell you that no one thinks blacks are intelligent and the typical /pol/ narrative is that these shows are deliberately behind pushed out by the Jews in order to inflame racial tensions and inflict white guilt.

Even if you ignore all that. Most people don't want to watch a fucking gay ass overplayed "blacks are victims, they were slave" story because no one here is sympathetic to blacks anymore following BLM, and the realization that black culture is horrifically criminal, and black under-performance on IQ and if you have the misfortune to live around them, lower your own quality of life. Nobody wants that, and you can already tell that it is nothing more then leftist pandering bullshit, which you can see just by the fact that RT score is almost 100%, with comments squealing at how progressive it is, and the wake up call white America needs.

Entertainment is escapism, so unsurprisingly, anyone who hates the far left will try to avoid far left entertainment. So why the fuck are you surprised no one here wants to watch this?. Why are you surprised people think you are a white guilt fag when you can clearly see the politically charged undertones of this shit? Next, will you be surprised that these same people don't want to watch some Ancient Egypt show with black actors?
>>
>>70295912
I agree to this post
>>
File: HausaHorse.jpg (104 KB, 800x546) Image search: [Google]
HausaHorse.jpg
104 KB, 800x546
>tfw there will never be any movies or tv shows just about sub-saharan Africa without any slavery stuff tacked on
>>
To be fair, it's a horrible time to be a black person. The media is constantly pushing identity politics to keep everyone divided and actual racists/sexists love this shit. If you're a black person you're expected to have an opinion on all things black even if you don't want to, even if you don't really have one. Like Snoop should just shut the hell up but I bet he was baited and baited into saying some shit. And because of this atmosphere, it perpetuates itself. Blacks are somehow expected to answer for bad behavior by other blacks or else proudly represent the entire black race. It's fucking nonsense and active racists know it. What if you're more than one race? Where's the nuance? Or better still, hey 'white people', the rest of us all really fucking hate Lena Dunham. Oh that's right you don't have to answer for her. She doesn't represent your race. She's just some dumb chick.

Memeing and shitposting aside, does no one else see this? Why can't a black dude just be a dude? What is this nonsense culture?
>>
>>70295912
First paragraph is correct, second paragraph assumes there's a unified black culture to begin with. You're describing gangster culture which happen to be predominantly black due to past and current socioeconomic conditions in America. There are plenty of blacks who aren't part of any of that though. If you want to say exception rather than the rule, that's fair. But that's changing more and more all the time. Black doctors and lawyers and other professionals don't come from gangster culture. They come from suburbs and bedroom communities and sometimes even gated communities, same as everyone else. Wealth creates opportunity.
>>
Thank God I didn't watch original and the reboot of Roots

Never have, Never fucking will
>>
>>70293940

They depend on whitey a lot more than they would ever care to believe
>>
File: p11842717_b_v8_aa.jpg (284 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p11842717_b_v8_aa.jpg
284 KB, 960x1440
>>70290637
>>Where is key and peele ?
>What?

These guys.

I mean as in where are the actors.

They show up in every damn thing . Especially if its black related.
>>
>>70294853
Back to your Reddit safe space.
>>
Is it just a shameless remake of the original series, or are they doing anything new with it?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.