[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I enjoy this show a lot more than GoT now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: bks3_key_art_release_4x6.jpg (419 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
bks3_key_art_release_4x6.jpg
419 KB, 800x1200
I enjoy this show a lot more than GoT now.
>>
yeah season 1 was slowish but s2 and 3 are some of my favourite tv i've ever seen
>>
>>70278589
S2 and S3 were just fun filled action packed adventures. I also like Villain of the season
>>
>>70278589
had to fucking struggle through s1, but yeah s2 and 3 were pretty great, gonna miss that certain captain :'(

>>70278535
not better than GOT though, pls
>>
>>70278535
if only GoT's ironbabbys were as cool as the pirates in Black Sails.
>>
>>70278535
it's almost as good as GoT,
The only reason that I, also, enjoy it more:

It has a more focused storytelling perspective, thus progression of plot and development of character is faster paced, more indepth and relateable.

In GoT they got so many narrative strings, they can't even feature all of them once each episode, but you only get some plots every other episode.

Therefore, Blacksails is just plain more fun <3
>>
I like how the show is so progressive and made Captain Flint gay.
>>
Vikings is better, but I like all 3.
>>
Been meaning to check this out. Is it good?
>>
>>70278535
That's nice. I don't care.
>>
>>70278863
lots of pirates were situational homos, like prison inmates today
>>
>>70278863
Only a bit gay pham
>>
>>70278967
nice bait
>>
Guthrie is a huge bitch and more annoying than Daenerys.
>>
>>70279057
Sailors in general were known to get yucky on long voyages

The gay sailor stereotype isn't based on nothing
>>
Fucking plebs actually defending GoT. Kys
Black Sails has its flaws but it's still infinitely better than GoT.
>>
>>70278535
it's okay it's not a whole lot better, it's got way more social justice pandering it's very shoehorned and out of place like making flint a shit packer for a couple episodes and then completely dropping that bit of characterization, an island of pure africans living in harmony, not killing each other and building fairly geometric and complex bamboo structures. and the show has strong womyn writing that puts GoT to shame.

but the main plot of anarchy vs statism is fresh and keeps me watching.

vikings is currently better than anything else at this point, and mr.robot though hard to compare is amazing hopefully season 2 wont take a 180.

it's starting to feel like the golden age of television is behind us.
>>
>>70279354
>vikings is currently better
I was with you up until this point. Seriously, vikings has gone to shit. We'll see about this new arc with the timeskip, but at least the Paris arc felt so pointless.
>>
>>70279166
yes

>>70279354
strong womyn, the blonde bitch and her replacement niggabitch are the most annoying stupid roles on the show, the writers have no fucking idea what to do with them

and vikings and mr. robot suck, kys
>>
>>70279547
thank you. Blonde slut and Nigger Hooker are the two most annoying things ever. And the worst part is neither of them die. Worse than Walter White's wife.
>>
>>70279432
I don't know it kind of petered off last season, the french characters they killed off were entirely underdeveloped and it just made the entire narrative a waste of time besides the development of rollo, the chinese girl was also very underdeveloped and a waste of time, the halbert subplot was also underwhelming and served no purpose other than to characterize aslaug as a huge hypocritical bitch and to let them kill off bjorn's daughter and erase the fact that porunn ever existed. I really enjoyed the england storyline though, except for them making judith another pointless 'muh vagina you don't own me' strong womyn character.

and despite all that I still think it's way better than got or black sails. and the time jump to make all ragnars sons of age was the strongest way to end the mid season, I expect the second half of season 4 to be way better than the first.
>>
>>70279812
Well, I agree with pretty much everything you just said. I also thought the England storyline was the strongest at this point.

Black Sails has its own issues for sure. I want to just skip ahead whenever Max or Elanor is on-screen for example, but at least they finally made Jack and his girlfriend somewhat relevant last season. I'm also happy that they wrapped up Hornigold, and Woodes is actually a pretty decent character. Mostly though, the show just has superior actors compared to vikings I find.

As for GoT, I just think the story is getting too predictable at this point, while at the same time too many breaks in logic are introduced. Haven't read the books, but I'm told for example that the Stannis storyline wasn't just dropped out of the blue like it was in the show. I generally thought that was the most interesting because the characters were more ambiguous and realistic. But it's rapidly turning into "the walking dead vs. dragons", you can see the signs already. I don't really mind playing it completely straight, but that was sort of the appeal of the series, a fantasy series that DIDN'T play by the rules. There's also a lot of pointless shit nobody cares about happening, and they clearly have too many characters at this point. (probably why they try to kill off as many as possible and contrive of reasons for people to conveniently group up) Finally, actor performances are all over the place. Some are amazing, others are really bad.
>>
>>70279812
This
England storyline was the only thing worth it
>>
>blonde bitch is gay
That's cool. Pretty hot too.
>Rackham's gf ends up being gay
Strong woman that's just as good as the boys ends up being a lesbian? Ugh, that's so cliche and overdone. But whatever.
>Flint ends up being gay for the Brit dude. Can't just have close male camaraderie anymore, nope. gotta be gay for each other
Dropped the show right there. Once was fine, two was pushing it, but making fucking Flint gay was retarded. I can't see the show as anything but an agenda now.
>>
so do I. S2 and 3 were rad as fuck
>>
Black Sails has many great parts, but also quite a few shitty ones.
Drop everything related to Max.
Drop the retarded love triangle and just let Rackham and Bonny have fun adventures instead.
Don't waste Ned Low for an oh so shocking GoT death.
Let Vane and Flint bro-up more.

tadaa, 10/10 all of a sudden
>>
S3 finale was one of the best finales from this year. The show would be so much better with Max gone though.
>>
>>70282521
she does almost nothing in season 3, you should be happy with that much
>>
>>70278863
He wasn't gay in general senpai.

He was just mad for that Thomas' dick.

You would take a pounding in the ass too, if you ever were to meet such a compelling guy.
>>
>>70282357
tfw Vane & Flint will not be bro-ing it up anymore
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.