[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly was wrong with this film? I didn't keep up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
What exactly was wrong with this film? I didn't keep up with the reviews or backlash I just know it wasn't received well. Was it poorly written?
>>
File: 1464124374417.jpg (96 KB, 631x638) Image search: [Google]
1464124374417.jpg
96 KB, 631x638
>>
File: 147743283299354.jpg (760 KB, 1650x1275) Image search: [Google]
147743283299354.jpg
760 KB, 1650x1275
>>70278110
>>
It had a lot going on for a movie about two superheroes punching each other. The structure was off. The first hour and a half was like a classy James Bond film with costumes. The last hour was a CGI popcorn punch 'em up. And Lex Luthor's motivation for creating Doomsday is abscent. All they needed to add was him thinking he had control over Doomsday and it would work.
>>
>>70279139
>And Lex Luthor's motivation for creating Doomsday is absent
for a layman

www.manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
>>
File: none-more-black-coffee-mug.png (235 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
none-more-black-coffee-mug.png
235 KB, 500x275
>>70279177
>>
>>
bad writing, dumbfuck characterizations/motivations/development, terrible editing and pacing issues, and an abysmal hamfisted 3rd act on top of mostly shit/bland performances. also its like 2 and a half movies crammed into 1.

4/10
>>
>>70278110
if you're going to make a longer form movie then make a long movie. don't have all the parts and then suddenly try to cram it all in a smaller package
>>
>>70278110

I enjoyed it as a 'popcorn flick' experience, but it was definitely clunky, and too grim.

I will give the director's cut a chance to see if it's more coherent. But even then, the movie didn't have to put them in direct confrontation in this 'serious business' way. Have you ever seen Justice League TV show or even Superhero Cafe web series? Batman and Superman together is supposed to be FUN.

They could have just made the movie Batman AND Superman and let Batman investigate Superman in not such an antagonistic way, and let it be a surprise that they they get into a fight. ie. instead of hyping "they fight!" and everyone already knows they will be friends after, they should have hyped "they become friends!", and when people watch the movie, its a shocking and exciting turn of events that they get in a fight along the way.

Other than that, it's decent.
>>
File: batcriminal.jpg (2 MB, 1988x2259) Image search: [Google]
batcriminal.jpg
2 MB, 1988x2259
>>70279388
>Batman and Superman together is supposed to be FUN.

I hate this sentiment. It's not supposed to be fun. They can be fun. They shouldn't have to be. If that's the only reason you watch movies you probably don't watch a lot of movies.
>>
>>70279139
I should add... There is a great film in there somewhere. It's just put together wrong. Hoping the extended cut sorts out the pacing.
>>
>>70278110
Ms Skeletal and Lois Lane

otherwise 8/10
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.