[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: (TV) shows like Band Of Brothers just in modern days/wars.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: BoB.jpg (82 KB, 940x403) Image search: [Google]
BoB.jpg
82 KB, 940x403
ITT:
(TV) shows like Band Of Brothers just in modern days/wars. Is that even possible?
>>
>>70275841

Generation Kill, Tour of Duty.
>>
>>70275862
>Generation Kill
nice thanks
>>
You mean a tv show that chronicles a specific unit's involvement in a conflict?
The only one is Generation Kill.
>>
>>70275984
yes exactly. Just checked the trailer. It looks good though. Thank you
>>
>>70276127
I wish there was more around but war miniseries are probably the most expensive and difficult to pull off well. It really shows in the end products though. BoB, Pacific and GK are higher quality than most films. The negative connotations of 'made for tv' don't apply to them in the slightest to me.
You should enjoy Generation Kill.
>>
>>70275862

>Tour of Duty.

torrent plz
>>
>>70276328
I think of BoB and Pacific (haven't seen GK yet) as 10 hour long movies.
>>
I vaguely remember this being pretty decent. Not on the level of GK though.
>>
Genny Kill is great

not much action but it's great like that, more into the interactions between the soldiers ad the camaraderie they have

also id go gay for Fruity Rudy nohomo

POLICE THAT MOOOOOOOOOOSTACH
>>
M*A*S*H
>>
Rome

Just a bit further back is all
>>
>>70275862
>Generation Kill

The bottom trash of American society invading a shit poor country to murder brown people really lacks quite a lot of important elements that made the story of BoB great.
>>
>>70278387
u a fag
>>
>>70278387
So what you're really asking is "is there a modern war like WW2?"

no, dumbass. obviously not.
>>
>>70278789
OP here: that was not my post btw.
>>
>>70278789
You are a fucking idiot.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.