[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which version of Batman parents death scene you think is the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 15
File: gallery_movies-batman-begins.jpg (183 KB, 1280x977) Image search: [Google]
gallery_movies-batman-begins.jpg
183 KB, 1280x977
Which version of Batman parents death scene you think is the best?
>>
>>70274322
Snyder

But burton had the right idea with it being a flashback and not in the very beginning
>>
BvS easily.
>>
The one where they had bloodstains and bullet holes.

Wait. That doesn't happen in comic book movies, because comic books are fucking SHIT.
>>
It's a tie between Batman Begins and BvS
>>
BvS. Besides the whole closeup shot of his dad saying 'Martha', that introduction to the movie did a fine job briefly recapping the tragic event that gave us Batman.
>>
>>70274322
1989 Batman

It was used correctly to add depth to Bruce's character at the right moment.
>>
Batman '66
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtpxEmInvfg

The Nolan one.
It's the most subtle and emotional, I really like the whole Thomas Wayne scenes in the movie.

The Gotham one's the least subtle
>>
I didn't even care after the first time I saw it, was too busy rolling my eyes to pay attention in BvS, there was 0 need for it. 0.
>>
>>70274357
>>70274425
The Burton twist was fucking stupid, sure the scene was ok but Joker kill Batman's parents is retarded.

Batman vs Joker should be an ideological war not a revenge story.
>>
>>70275034
>Muh comics
It's his own personal take
>>
File: 1460772875622.jpg (6 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
1460772875622.jpg
6 KB, 200x194
>That Pandora's Box comic where young Bruce has nightmares and can't sleep so his mother gets into bed with him and they fuck
>>
>>70275153
Sauce?
>>
>>70274357
>Snyder

This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVUDdQS2UxA
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
>>70275153
>>
>>70274322
Burton.

Snyder a shit. Nolan a shit.
>>
File: Judge Cykes.jpg (8 KB, 76x105) Image search: [Google]
Judge Cykes.jpg
8 KB, 76x105
>>70275153
>no more PBX comics except some Brave sketches
>>
Snyder.
Not baiting.
>>
>>70275034
>Batman vs Joker should be an ideological war not a revenge story

Burton tired something different and I felt it worked well enough. I don't need for every Batman/Joker story to be about their two clashing ideologies to enjoy it.
>>
File: dkr.jpg (121 KB, 844x620) Image search: [Google]
dkr.jpg
121 KB, 844x620
>>70274322
It would be cool for once if they stopped showing his origin story. In the Dark Knight Returns they kept it vague, only bits of it was shown.
>>
File: young-bruce.jpg (281 KB, 1170x889) Image search: [Google]
young-bruce.jpg
281 KB, 1170x889
Every live action kid Bruce Wayne has looked like a tremendous faggot
>>
>>70275549
BvS had the worst looking one.
>>
>>70275213
This is the correct response.
>>
>>70275549

Mazouz is the biggest faggot of them all, the rest probably turned out okay but he'll be gigantic uber kike that even Adrien Brody would recoil in horror from
>>
>>70275357
Like BvS
>>
>>70275298
>I don't need batman and joker to be batman and joker for me to enjoy them
You are lower than plebeian. Plebs look at you and say "Goddamn what a fucking pleb"
>>
>>70275549
>>70275573
>kids looking like kids
Are you insecure? He wasn't born batman
>>
>>70274322
You ever dance with the devil in the pale of the moonlight?
>>
>>70275549
I think it's supposed to emphasize on how brooding and edgy he's become after their death.
>>
>>70275690
I mean the BvS one has a stupid Bowlcut

Gotham and Begins were alright.
>>
>>70275690
Batman was born the night his parents died you stupid casual fuck. Do you even Batman you useless fucking faggot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBrfn84QNaE
>>
>your son is scared in a ritzy theater
>calm him down by dragging him through a dark back alley
>>
File: 1415483765753.png (274 KB, 416x354) Image search: [Google]
1415483765753.png
274 KB, 416x354
>>70275661
Oh, for fucks sake. I said they don't have to clash ideologies to be entertaining. The characters aren't just their ideologies.

Christ, it's like every time I don't agree with somebody's opinion and I explain why, they just insult me. I fucking hate the internet and the people on it.
>>
>>70275549
Of course he's a huge faggot, his parents died just because he wanted to watch some capeshit flick
>>
>>70274322

>best batman parents death scene...

The one where they don't show a parent death scene is the best...
>>
>>70275661
>I read/care about comics
You're an even lower pleb
>>
>>70275729
It contrasts with the big guy he turned out to be.
Nothing more satisfying than seeing a weak boy transforming into a big superhero
>>
What the fuck? Spoilers you son of a bitch!
>>
>>70275869
Can you read? I said he wasn't born as Batman.
Besides he didn't suddenly transform into Batman the moment his parents were shot dead, he isn't Captain Marvel.
>>
>>70275878
But that's where you're wrong. Their ideologies are what make them them. If batman didn't have his no kill rule he would kill joker and it wouldn't be entertaining. If joker quit being a force of pure evil or decided that batman wasn't fun anymore and killed him it wouldn't be entertaining. If joker didn't believe that "one bad day" is all it takes for someone to snap and become like him the greatest joker story wouldn't have been a thing. If batman didn't have his no kill rule then his greatest story, where he finally abandons it, wouldn't have been made. You're objectively wrong and that's why I insulted you. Yes people are free to have their own opinions but it's stupid fucking opinions like that, that would ruin a franchise if someone actually listened to you.
>>
The death scene should have been much more brutal... Kids in Syria watch their parents get beheaded on the regular...
>>
>>70275992
for you
>>
>>70276067

>Kids in Syria watch their parents get beheaded on the regular...

They're the ones doing the beheading though
>>
>>70276149
kek
>>
>>70275958
>I don't know anything about comics but have opinions on what should happen in capeshit
You really shouldn't be calling other people plebs when it couldn't be clearer that you're one, pleb.
>>
>>70276065
This
>>
Frank Miller's
>>
>>70275549
BvS kid Bruce looked like Charlotte Gainsbourg with Bieber's haircut
>>
>>70276822
Lewd
>>
>>70276822
i knew that faggot looked familiar
>>
>>70275357
This exact shot was in BvS.
>>
>>70274417
Yeah right.

Seriously though, everyone except the comics nerds was thinking "Fuck, not that shit again"
>>
File: 1393440836538.png (121 KB, 300x359) Image search: [Google]
1393440836538.png
121 KB, 300x359
>>70274322
>kid Batman looks like Carl
>>
>>70277758
you are the comic nerd.

Normal people don't have Bruce Wayne's parents' death in their minds constantly for them to go "not again!" Average people who forgot simply saw a new scene for the 1st time
>>
>>70277758
If someone genuinely wants a superhero's first movie to not have his origin in it then their opinion means less than nothing. It's only for the first movie, and in BvS it was only the first scene, it was over in 5 mins. Honestly I would rather that they put spider-mans origin in civil war just because of the fact that origins usually change slightly and just because it was his first movie of this version.
>>
>>70277865
>forgetting that batman's parents were shot
These types of people shouldn't even be allowed to exist. How the fuck do you not know how batman became batman? My dad has never even seen a batman movie and he knows his whole origin.
>>
>>70277977
it's not about forgetting or not knowing fully, it's just that its dramatic impact is not fresh in people's mind, they don't read comics/ watch cartoons and they're not seeing their deaths for the 799th time.

BvS for all its shit actually made a simple scene with nice acting, good flow, camera motion, music etc, it had a really nice mood, it was nicely done and felt good in the theater. It didn't felt like "you must be told this to get the following", just a sad little piece

It's like thinking everyone knows Superman's backstory and real name. You know like you know actors you call "that guy from the thing"
>>
>>70275357
Snyder you fucking hack.
>>
>>70275034
>The Burton twist was fucking stupid, sure the scene was ok but Joker kill Batman's parents is retarded.
Even as a kid I thought that was dumb and lazy as fuck.
>>
File: watchmen film nite owl batman.jpg (33 KB, 635x266) Image search: [Google]
watchmen film nite owl batman.jpg
33 KB, 635x266
>>70275193
> shitty montage that only superficially captures characters and events from the book
> good

To be fair, there was no way to fit those books into two or three hours, but it was still a weak recreation of the book with plenty of dim witted Snyder flourishes.
>>
>>70274322
Begins is so much better.
BvS is just sensational horseshit.
>>
>>70274322
Arkham Asylums
>>
>>70278445
HIS BUTLER!
>>
File: lil-ben-affleck-mimi-hair.jpg (47 KB, 499x389) Image search: [Google]
lil-ben-affleck-mimi-hair.jpg
47 KB, 499x389
>>70275573
Funny how he kinda looks like lil Affleck.
>>
>>70275549
The more I see him, the more I think that Gotham kid kinda looks like a friend's boyfriend.
>>
>>70278481
>the voyage of the MEME
>>
>>70277865
No, that's the thing, it's not 1989 anymore. By now the average person has had so much Batman media shoved down his throat that he gets it.

Hollywood is just treating the audience like a bunch of morons like always, and directors want to shot THAT scene because they only care about their take on the character.

At least they could be a little more subtle and not doing it as if it was the first time everyone was watching that.
>>
>>70278687
as a casual batman fan I cant relate to most fans and their stuff (i've saw the films, played the games, read DKR, Y1, Killing Joke etc).

Whenever I see a new work, every writer treats their own creations/ writing as current-Bruce's originator. The main trauma never feels in the picture, it's always "damn man, fucking Talia" or "Too many Robins died" or whatever. I read one from Grant Morrison where he's barely a traumatized crime fighter, but a guy who came back from time travel and became a George Soros figure
>>
>>70279004
>casual batman fan
>has consumed every piece of batman media that is considered must read/see/play for die hard fans
There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a big batman fan you don't have to try and say you're casual so people don't think you're a fag. If you've read multiple comics watched through all the movies and played the games you may not be a die hard fan but you most certainly are not casual.
>>
>>70279791
ok im fine with that. I just dont know things like batgirl or the robins (how many, who died etc), the games were the first time i saw harley, only know Ras Al Gul from the Nolan movies etc

when i open a new comic i'm lost so i get why a director would at least foccus on parents dying instead of doing batman #345310981 where i'm supposed to be shocked Bruce kissed villain x's sister's cousin
>>
>>70280560
Batgirl you should know from the killing joke, and the only robins that are important are the one who turned into nightwing and Jason Todd. Jason Todd was the one that got beat to death that they retconned for arkham knight.
>>
Gotham's, by far
>>
>>70280676
oh ok haven't played arkham knight yet
>>
>>70280951
Read a death in the family before you do. They show it happen but it's much more brutal on the page than in the game.
>>
>>70275870
In the normal origin he saw zorro and wasnt scared, it was just on the way to their car
>>
>>70274357
Burton's does have a good fake-out with the couple and their son trying to get a cab in the beginning in the beginning; if you knew Batman's origin you where probably thinking it was leading up to it until Batman shows up

Few people know, but Batman's origin wasn't really shown in media u It was never really touched upon until the 80's. I think a superfriends episode beats Burton to the punch, but Burton was the first to do it in liveaction. So if you didn't read comics before then, you might not have even known Batman's origin. So I don't really blame them for making it such a common thing in modern adaptations.
>>
>>70280924
He's screams like a bitch though.
>>
>>70281049
yes not having seen Burton's for at least a decade that fake out was pretty good
>>
The one where the dude rapes the mother at gunpoint while the father is forced to jackoff
>>
>>70281156
I don't know why Raimi put that in the middle of Spiderman
>>
>>70281118
No kidding? You know in real life, lots of terrible things like this happen, but the kid doesn't undergo an insane transformation into a lunatic.

Obviously it has to be a very traumatic moment, even more traumatic than a standard parents-getting-killed. Bruce is an odd child.
>>
>>70278293
You could tell it was really dumbed down to appeal to a mass audience.

It's a cheap and boring way to make Batman hate joker.

Nolan was able to show their non-personal hatred of each other through their thoughts and actions.

Batman is supposed to be a brick wall that that the Joker endlessly tries to break, adding a personal edge to the story ruins it.

This is why Batman 89 is a good Tim Burton movie but a poor Batman movie.
>>
File: 1457577013111.jpg (63 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457577013111.jpg
63 KB, 768x1024
Gotham
>>
File: bigcave.jpg (337 KB, 655x890) Image search: [Google]
bigcave.jpg
337 KB, 655x890
>>70275992
UUUU
>>
>>70274357
Synders was absolutely fucking pointless, having it at the beginning was really stupid too.

We fucking know his origins.
>>
>>70282510
>showing mom's death
>pointless

the whole fucking movie hinged on the martha thing, even if you think that's stupid and the whole movie is stupid you have to admit the parent death scene is pivotal to how the movie was structured
>>
>>70282751
not even just that, but the whole scene is pretty much the totality of bruce's subconscious, as well as setting up the main theme of the movie
>>
>>70278399
>Comedian shooting JFK

Did this happen in the book? I don't remember that being a thing.
>>
>>70280676
>retconned for arkham knight
How do you mean? Jason Todd gets beat to death, then they put him in the Lazarus Pit and he comes back as Red Hood. Arkham Knight was just like that except they made him the Arkham Knight, but he was Red Hood under the bat mask shit.
>>
>>70282510
>this is the kind of people that think BvS is a shit movie
What's funny is that they claim that they get it.
>>
>>70284212
Actually must've missed the fact that they used the Lazarus Pit for either. I thought they retconned it for red hood and arkham knight.
>>
>>70283583
Its implied. But Snyder is an actually legit moron, so he can't into implications. So a lot of Watchmen shit was hamfisted.

Like how it could be briefly interpreted that Batman shot someone in TDKR, so he goes on a murder spree in BvS.
>>
>>70274357
>>70274358
This.
It was the only good part of this shitfest, though.
>>
>>70275549
Top right and bottom left take the shit-cake.
>>
>>70277865
At this point "normal people" feel sophisticated if anything if they can say: "Oh yes, see his parents are killed- I remember that and it's an important part of the lore."
This is the reality that is being built around us.
>>
>>70285133
>a lot of Watchmen shit was hamfisted

Yet it was subtle compared to all the things he did in BvS
>>
>>70274417
>Besides the whole closeup shot of his dad saying 'Martha'

I'm convinced that was a Citizen Kane reference.
>>
>>70287127
jesus that's weird as fuck if truth

idk i just imagine the average film goer watching amy schumer and JLaw Games 9 know about Batman's past, but it's not a fan's way of knowing it moves every thing he does
>>
>>70285133
>could be briefly interpreted
You do realize that batman blatantly murders just as many people in TDKR as BvS right? Have you not read it? I have the book at my house, I would go take pictures to prove it but I'm not home.
>>
>>70274322
Snyder's hands down. Quick and to the point with lots of depth and emotion.
>>
>>70287254
It's the geek and nerd culture thing shows like BBT promote. It's hip, especially among girls, to know all this shit and be into 'lore'. It's the 'street-credibility' for places like fb or reddit, it's the internet ageā„¢.
>>
>>70287457
Sure you get the "im such a nerd" shit but you sort of know it's bullshit. If you start talking about Batman with a friend while girls are in earshot i can feel the pussy around drying even though they'll try to nerdtalk and butt in

(although at least that's better than when you get the real nerd who loves harley queen and all that creepy suicide girl zoey quinn tier shit)
>>
>>70278399
What does that picture mean again? I remember it means night owl saved Batman's parents or something??
>>
>>70287799
>not banging nerd girls or wannabe nerdy girls

They are good lays mostly and kinky af
>>
>>70287934
yeah no i'm good
>>
>>70275180
Your a fucking idiot. Use google
>>
>>70275696

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gfMXEmCew4
>>
File: Pay-your-respects.jpg (78 KB, 525x295) Image search: [Google]
Pay-your-respects.jpg
78 KB, 525x295
Did you remember to pay your respects?

https://youtu.be/YEXr0QCMaZQ
>>
Snyder shot it better, Nolan used it at the end of the trilogy better then that stupid ass "whose martha!" shit.
>>
>>70287926
that's the theory
>>
Anyone giving any answer other than BvS in this thread is a confirmed pleb.
>>
>>70288698
Sorry, wrong thread.
>>
>>70288109
dumb /v/ crossposter

F
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.