[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm willing to watch some films of Béla Tarr. Haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: BelaTarr.jpg (318 KB, 821x1023) Image search: [Google]
BelaTarr.jpg
318 KB, 821x1023
I'm willing to watch some films of Béla Tarr. Haven't seen any of them yet. What is his best film and what should I start with?
>>
His first 2-3 movies are good, the rest are just slow black and white one shots of nothing happening. That's why he's so popular with a certain pseudo-patricians.
>>
File: Tarr.jpg (87 KB, 700x413) Image search: [Google]
Tarr.jpg
87 KB, 700x413
more like bellend tard lmao
watch the turin horse
its his most entry level
>>
Start with Satantango, it's his most accessible.
>>
start with your mum, she's the most accessible
>>
>>70271309
Try out Damnation or Werkmeister Harmonies. They aren't the most accessible films but you seem like you know what you're in for. WH has a god tier opening scene.
>>
Macbeth
>>
File: satantango.jpg (235 KB, 1121x1600) Image search: [Google]
satantango.jpg
235 KB, 1121x1600
>>70271309
OMG LIFE IS SO TERRIBLE AND HUMANITY IS OUT FOR THEMSELVES WITH NO EXCEPTIONS! EVERYTHING IS BLEAK AND MEANINGLESS, FREEDOM IS A TERRIFYING THING TO STUPID PEOPLE, AND THE WORLD IS A COLD AND UNFORGIVING PLACE! LET ME DEMONSTRATE THIS BY HOLDING THE CAMERA ON THE DESOLATE BARREN WASTELAND AND THE PATHETIC MONGRELS WHO ARE THE CHARACTERS FOR MINUTES AND MINUTES AT A TIME AS THE AUDIENCE SHIFTS UNCOMFORTABLY UNDER THEIR GAZE! HA HA HA HA! I AM SUCH A GENIUS! THANK GOD I WASN'T PURGED BY STALIN OR ELSE I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SHARE THIS MASTERFUL VISION WITH THE WORLD! YES, YES, LOOK AT HOW SHE TORTURES THE CAT! IT IS A METAPHOR FOR THE CORRUPTION OF POWER! YES! POWER... CORRUPTION... HUMANITY SUCKS! NOW GIVE ME MORE MONEY TO FUND MY NEXT NIHILISTIC MASTERPIECE!
>>
>>70271750
*giggles*
>>
What is his most powerful and pretentious film? I want it to strike me like a thunderbolt. Name me his strongest film, I will watch it, and if I like it I'll watch something else. I'm not afraid of boring and black and white, I'm used to it.
>>
>>70272156
Satantango?
>>
I really liked Santantango The BLACKED cutTM
>>
Is Bela Tarr slow cinema? I've been really digging films like Stray Dogs and Jauja recently, so I was wondering if he uses minimal dialogue and long static shots like those other films.
>>
>>70272156
turin horse
>>
>>70272557
the films you mentioned are like fury road in comparison to tarr's films
>>
>>70271384
bullshit
>>
>>70272557
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7u704uMCmo
>>
>>70271309
Start with Werckmeister, it's his most accessible while still sticking to his distinctive style. Move on to Satantango after that, but make sure to watch the entire thing in one day with breaks between each disk.

Also, this video is a pretty solid coverage of his style / themes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_7yXg_ZgyQ
>>
>>70272863
This clip >>70273206 is already much more kinetic than either of those films. I liked it though, that music was pretty great.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.