[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>An Inn in Tokyo >Tokyo Story >Early Spring >Equinox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: ozuyasujiro.jpg (136 KB, 581x800) Image search: [Google]
ozuyasujiro.jpg
136 KB, 581x800
>An Inn in Tokyo
>Tokyo Story
>Early Spring
>Equinox Flower
>An Autumn Afternoon

What else should I watch that is Ozucore?
>>
File: original.jpg (15 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
15 KB, 400x225
TOKYO TWILIGHT IS HIS BEST
>>
>>70270044
Stare at a rock for 3 hours.
Still more entertaining than any of his movies.
>>
>>70270194
I Was Born But...
Floating Weeds

>>70270194
Actually my least fave of his
still great kinè
>>
>>70270194
Haven't seen that one yet, I'll add it to my list.
>>
>>70270044
Floating Weeds is his best movie
>>70270234
Floating Weeds in the only exception, otherwise I agree with you 100%
>>
>>70270234
ozu is one of the greatest plebfilters
>>
I was born but.. is the only one I watched and it's pretty good, you can find it on youtube
>>
>>70270324
what else have you seen by him?
>>
>>70270367
Tokyo Story
An Autumn Afternoon
Late Spring
The Only Son

I'd watch more, but I really find his stuff too opaque. I'm usually okay with minimalist filmmaking such as films from Bresson, Melville, and Dreyer (who is one of my favorites) but Ozu's films really don't seem to have much substance behind them most of the time, save for Floating Weeds and, at times, Tokyo Story.
>>
>>70270504
I have to somewhat agree, aside that most of his films are lacking in substance I just became enamored with the way he directs his film.

Cinematography is my fetish.
>>
>>70270504
>>70270643
I wouldn't say they are lacking in substance
He just has a small set of themes that explores once and again with small variations, this might have something to do with the japanese personality, like they way they did 48 Tora-san movies that were basically the same movie in different places
The more Ozu I watch the more sadness and beauty I find in his movies: generational changes, aging, respect, loss...
>>
"why are you not married?" -- the movie -- all of them.
>>
None
He's a garbage man
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.