[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snoop Dogg Asks Fans to Boycott 'Roots': "Let's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: snoop-624-1368121236.jpg (190 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
snoop-624-1368121236.jpg
190 KB, 624x420
I think he’s right, Blacks need to get away from constantly harping on the race angle (or just remaking White movies with Black casts) and make movies and tv shows about other subjects.

No reason why Blacks can’t do sci-fi, fantasy, thrillers, etc. written by Black authors, with Black directors and Black casts that still appeals to other ethnicities.

Good art is good art, regardless of who made it.

The Black elites (and there are plenty of them with shit loads of money) need to get together to fund it and make it happen.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/snoop-dogg-asks-fans-boycott-898225
5/30/2016

Snoop Dogg Asks Fans to Boycott 'Roots': "Let's Create Our Own Shit Based on Today"

"They going to just to keep beating that shit into our heads about how they did us, huh?" the rapper says.

Snoop Dogg has no plans to watch the Roots remake, and he's telling his fans to also boycott the show.

The rapper sent out his message over social media on Monday.

"I'm sick of this shit. How the fuck are they going to put Roots on, on MemorialDay?" Snoop said in an Instagram video. "They going tojust keep beating that shit into our heads about how they did us, huh?"

The History Channel revivalis a four-part, eight-hour series that debuts Monday.

Snoop said he has no interest in new shows and movies — specifically mentioning12 Years a Slave — that "keep showing the abuse we took hundreds and hundreds of years ago."

"I ain't watching that shit, and I advise youmotherfuckersas real niggas like myself; fuck them television shows," Snoop said. "Let's create our own shit based on today, how we live and how we inspire people today. Black is what's real. Fuck that old shit."

The original series,based on Alex Haley's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, debuted in 1977 on ABC.
>>
This thread was already on the first page
>>
File: tumblr_lqy6kjdj1C1qbialb.jpg (36 KB, 362x532) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lqy6kjdj1C1qbialb.jpg
36 KB, 362x532
>>70266259

OP here, and I didn't notice there was already a thread about this.

Please disregard this thread and go here instead;

>>70259833
>>
Is Snoop incredibly wise or literally retarded? I can't tell.
>>
>>70266259

copy and paste this as a reply to the thread that's already going on this topic.
>>
Dear Snoop,

Shut up nigger

Sincerely,
America
>>
>>70266342
he literally told all of norway to go fuck themselves so yeah he's a veritable sage on earth
>>
Based Snoop. I'm not saying get over it, but fucking get over it. I'm sure all of our ancestors have gone through horrible shit. I know mine have
>>
File: 2Yni481.jpg (29 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
2Yni481.jpg
29 KB, 400x366
>>70266372
>>
>>70266259
shut up faggot
>>
File: wut.jpg (290 KB, 1192x511) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
290 KB, 1192x511
>>70266259
>Black elites
>>
When will Jews do the same?
>>
>>70267082
You have to go back
>>
>>70266259
>The Black elites (and there are plenty of them with shit loads of money) need to get together to fund it and make it happen.
Why? There are plenty of black filmmakers already making films with a niche demographic and entirely black cast that aren't about slavery or opression. I never understand why people think that someone of a particular race should have to invest in projects that you personally would feel would benefit their race, only because they share a skin color with that person.

It's like when people bitch at Michael Jordan for not spending his billions in a way that makes sense to them. Why? What if Michael Jordan likes movies as they are? What if it doesn't at all seem like a worthy investment to him?
>>
>only 2% of Americans owned slaves during those days, some of whom were even black. Most were Anglo and Ulster Scottish i.e. WASPs.
>Among American whites today, German Americans are the largest ethnic group followed by Irish Americans. Neither owned slaves.
>Other substantial groups are Polish, Italians and Scandinavians. None owned slaves.

To accuse WASPs of slavery while only 2% at most had slaves is ignorant. To accuse all white Americans is downright racist.
>>
>>70267313
If you are white you benefit from the systemic oppression and enslavement of POC in the past, even if your ancestors didn't directly take part in it, period.
>>
>>70267151
wonder woman and flash are played by jews
>>
File: Legnica 1241 AD.jpg (965 KB, 1242x1738) Image search: [Google]
Legnica 1241 AD.jpg
965 KB, 1242x1738
>>70267966
>If you are white you benefit from the systemic oppression and enslavement of POC in the past, even if your ancestors didn't directly take part in it, period.

Any word on when I’ll be getting my reparations check from Mongolia?...
>>
File: 1464708384176[1].png (1 MB, 1280x1385) Image search: [Google]
1464708384176[1].png
1 MB, 1280x1385
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.