[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney execs in a panic over upcoming ‘Star Wars’ film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
http://pagesix.com/2016/05/30/disney-execs-in-a-panic-over-upcoming-star-wars-film/

>The first “Star Wars” spinoff, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” is in crisis, and the movie will have to go into expensive reshoots over the summer, sources exclusively confirmed to Page Six.
>The much-anticipated “Rogue One” is due for release on Dec. 16, but we’re told bosses at Disney are not fully satisfied with the first cut from director Gareth Edwards.
>It was announced earlier this month that Edwards would not direct “Godzilla 2” later this year, and would instead “focus on smaller films.” But the movie insider told us, “Gareth’s work on the first ‘Godzilla’ [which came out in 2014] shows he can handle a big studio blockbuster. But ‘Rogue One’ has fallen short of what J.J. Abrams did with ‘Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens.’ So Disney has ordered reshoots.”
>A Disney source added, “The filmmaking team and the studio always anticipated additional shooting and second unit work to make the film the absolute best it can be, and the actors were aware there would be additional shooting. Coming off ‘The Force Awakens,’ there’s an incredibly high bar for this movie and we have a responsibility to the franchise and to the fans to deliver the best possible movie we can.”

IT'S OVER

STAR WARS IS FINISHED
>>
>>70265525
>Coming off ‘The Force Awakens,’ there’s an incredibly high bar for this movie"

lol
>>
>>70265525
shut up faggot
>>
>>70265525
>But ‘Rogue One’ has fallen short of what J.J. Abrams did with ‘Star Wars: Episode VII

meaning it appeals to Star Wars fan and not the broad demographic Disney wants to hoard in. Thanks Disney, God forbid we have a new SW film with soul.
>>
File: image.jpg (349 KB, 1024x679) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
349 KB, 1024x679
>>
>>70265525
>But the movie insider told us, “Gareth’s work on the first ‘Godzilla’ [which came out in 2014] shows he can handle a big studio blockbuster.
By having 5 minutes of Godzilla in the whole film.

>Coming off ‘The Force Awakens,’ there’s an incredibly high bar for this movie
The world has gone to shit.
>>
>>70265525
kekekekekek
>>
>>70265525
not SJWars: A Newer Hope enough
>>
>>70265525
Didn't they learn anything from the Marvel films? Quality doesn't matter, just slap the name Star Wars on it and you're all good to go.
>>
>>70265588
They obviously mean in dollar terms.

Rogue Squadron clearly doesn't have broad enough appeal to satisfy the studio execs.
>>
>>70265617
>meaning it appeals to Star Wars fan and not the broad demographic Disney wants to hoard in. Thanks Disney, God forbid we have a new SW film with soul.
I dunno, the trailer of this one made look like an expensive fanfilm to me. It doesn't have the cinematography that made Star Wars beautiful and "real".

Maybe I'm rambling, but it's just as if something is amiss.
>>
>>70265617
I don't follow your mental retardation. TFA made 99/100 SW fans cum. Yes, fans that liked Star Wars over The Phantom Menace.
>>
So basically, the movie isn't a carbon copy of some other star wars movie and is actually interesting and the company heads are panicing because it is different.

So now they will add in a bunch of nostalgia pandering and jokes, probably some useless cameo scenes.

Wasn't George's original wish, when giving the reigns to Kennedy, to have directors use their own vision to make their own Star Wars?

Great, I'm so glad we get one of these studio made cookie cutter movies every year.
>>
>>70265525
>has fallen short of what J.J. Abrams did with ‘Star Wars: Episode VII
And what did he do, exactly?

7 was a forgettable piece of shit.
>>
Rumor has it the movie is too dark. Fuck disney is thats true. I want a bit of grit in this movie, it's supposed to be about the soldiers.
>>
>>70265699
>Rogue Squadron clearly doesn't have broad enough appeal to satisfy the studio execs.
That's the thing - Rogue One isn't even about Antilles's Rogue Squadron. It's just a codename of a Jane Ors lookalike, who steals Death Star plans.
>>
>>70265740
TFA was boring shit, but apparently this is the new bar that was set
>>
File: 239110-hit-gareth-edwards.jpg (28 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
239110-hit-gareth-edwards.jpg
28 KB, 650x366
>Edwards stated that the style of the film will be similar to that of a war film, stating, "It's the reality of war. Good guys are bad. Bad guys are good. It's complicated, layered; a very rich scenario in which to set a movie."

Too dark.
Needs more quips.
>>
>>70265718
Holy fuck you are absolutely on point. TFA dazzled me. Rouge One looks like a Youtube series with a stupendous budget. I hope we're dazzled in the theaters. Or by a newer trailer.
>>
>>70265525
>STAR WARS IS FINISHED
That'll be the day
>>
>>70265744
>Wasn't George's original wish, when giving the reigns to Kennedy, to have directors use their own vision to make their own Star Wars?
Well, Rian Johnson, the director of Episode VIII said that he wants to make an experimental movie, "take Star Wars where they never were before". He also said that he loved the PT for "having something beautiful about it".

Of course, press PR and all that, but that's what he said.
>>
>>70265744
Executives hate risks, always have. This shouldn't be news to anyone but you're right. The Industry has gone from remake hell, to reboot hell, now it's recycle hell
>>
>>70265525
>Giving Gareth Edwards this after fucking up Gozdilla

These people are retarded, Gareth is a fucking faggot since that monster shit movie with the mexican wall.
>>
>>70265766
>>70265804
Theyre gonna kiddie-fy the fuck out of it, arnt they...
>>
File: rooneyfuckedup.png (104 KB, 237x277) Image search: [Google]
rooneyfuckedup.png
104 KB, 237x277
>>70265525
>tfw Rooney was supposed to be the lead in this but she dropped out because she was too nervous
This could've been god tier autismkino.
>>
>>70265740
TFA wasn't made for fans of the series it was made to hook up people that weren't fans on the first place by retelling basically the same story as before with new technology.
>>
>>70265804
Eh, that's just a PR statement. They said the same about VII, and Kylo Ren going to become such a deep character.
>>
>directs Godzilla movie, not enough Godzilla
>directs Star Wars movie, not enough Star Wars

stahp
>>
>>70265804
Unless he's aspiring to make Restrepo from the Imerial's POV, his shit is destined to be as cookie cut as Godzilla. Le Jewish approved Saving Private Ryan happened decades ago more or less, and his movie will not even stack up to it.
>>
>>70265740
>source my ass

Meanwhile everyone everywhere, from youtube to facebook that followed the saga since the start has been heavily criticizing it.
>>
>>70265525
>>The first “Star Wars” spinoff, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” is in crisis, and the movie will have to go into expensive reshoots over the summer, sources exclusively confirmed to Page Six.

I love the way they've managed to spin a normal part of moviemaking (reshoots/pickup shoots) into a crisis situation just because the general public has no idea how movies are made, but will always believe gossipy intimations of trouble.

Reshoots are a normal part of post-production They happen on every movie. Actors are always expected to leave time open in their schedule for them. Fuck Mark Hamill's infamous car accident took place the night before he was supposed to do a pickup shot for Star Wars in early 1977, forcing his double to shoot the scene (which was a shot of Luke driving his speeder, I recall) instead. There are always going to be some scenes that just didn't work out and need to be redone, or something that needs to be rewritten because it doesn't look right in context. I'd be more worried if a movie didn't do any reshoots, because it probably means they've run out of money, or the director is overconfident.
>>
>>70265822
Kasdan also said that VIII is "some weird thing" and Oscar said that it feels like they're doing an indie film or something like that. But these are bullshit statements and we're obviously going to get an ESB rehash.
>>
>>70265875
>TFA wasn't made for fans of the series
You're the crazy cat lady babbling outside the liquor store. Just kill yourself.
>>
>>70265804
>>70265893
It was going to end in the main girl switching sides and rebelling against the Republic since they were doing shady stuff to, but so much for that goddamn it Disney.
>>
>>70265740
Yea these Star Wars """"fans"""":
"lol omg suchanerd Dark Vador ftw amirite BAZINGA spock XDD!
>>
File: c.jpg (32 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
32 KB, 500x501
>>70265718
> It doesn't have the cinematography that made Star Wars beautiful

you mean the 1 decent shot on tatooine out of 7 movies?
>>
>>70265950
You're insane. No it wasn't. Gareth was put on to direct shit written by other people. They never gave him any reigns. Fuck you and your faggotry.
>>
>Retconning Kyle Katarn

The Jedi Knight series will never be revived.
>>
>>70265939
Check online for real fans of the series that have been hooked for years and see it for yourself. The criticism that was too similar to the original one was being made since day 1. That is how Jew Jew Abrams works, he did the same with Star Trek, which I guess is why Disney want him since he could relaunch the series for a new generation (and he did).

But outside of the normie echo chamber TFA is pretty average. Perhaps what Disney wanted out of Rougue was a recyling of The Empire Strikes Back and when they got an original movie instead they decided "nope re shooting"
>>
>>70265815
I din't like TFA, though, though mostly for different reasons. But I'll have to admit, it had both the times where the Star Wars cinematography style shined it, and times when it was amiss. The final space battle in particular is something that was done poorly, IMHO. Compared to the ones in VI, III, and even the smaller chase sequences in V, it sucked. And the reason for that is, I think, is the lack of big, panoramic establishing shots. George always gave us time to look over the gigantic Star Destroyers, star bases, smaller droid ships. TFA only had X-Wings, classic-y TIEs and the destoyed SSD - I can't even remember what style the new First Order destoyers had, that's how "memorable" they are.

Instead of making star scenes a spectacle on their own, Abrams only used them as the means to move characters from A to B, or to throw some danger and challenge at them. We didn't even have any shots of the marine crews at war, like the Calamari and Imperials in VI, or the stomrtrooper gunners in III.

Sorry for rambling.
>>
>>70266023
EA is making all the Star Wars games now and Disney is more interested in mobile garbage, it's over
>>
>>70266023
Videogame White Boy has less character and gravitas than any incarnation of Superman. He's shittier than Luke Skywalker. That's an achievement from a writers standpoint.... pretending that videogames are made for their story.
>>
>>70266023
Could have been worse. They could have put him in the movie and ruined the character itself on top of everything.
>>
>>70265718
>but it's just as if something is amiss.
This is just a guess but maybe you're referring to George Lucas' directing.
>>
>>70266060
>tfw there will never be new star wars games as good as kotor and the old battlefront
>>
>>70266039
Leave your bedroom. Make your parents proud. Mine enjoyed TFA. They're the ones that put me onto Star Wars 14 years ago.
>>
>>70265679
> implying the quality is the reason for these reshoots
>>
>>70265525
needs a stronger lead, like a black woman, with an arab love interest
>>
File: LucasLaughing.jpg (36 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
LucasLaughing.jpg
36 KB, 600x400
>>70265818
>George Lucas finished Star Wars when he felt the main story was finally told and he had nothing to add, even though he could have continued to make sequels milk the franchise for pleb money,
>Disney finished Star Wars when they realized that the drop in statistics would mean that the Banking Clan will no longer sign the treaty.
>>
File: 1463564817535.png (451 KB, 495x504) Image search: [Google]
1463564817535.png
451 KB, 495x504
WOMANS WILL SAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: Lucasd.png (58 KB, 133x183) Image search: [Google]
Lucasd.png
58 KB, 133x183
>>70265939
>>
File: neckbeard.jpg (52 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.jpg
52 KB, 525x700
I fucking hate attractive woman. I'd rather we get another frog faces autistic boy fuck to portray the lead. Who's with me? Also movies like Black Dynamite offend me retroactively.
>>
File: huh.gif (686 KB, 226x220) Image search: [Google]
huh.gif
686 KB, 226x220
>>70265525
>>
>>70265955
lol 'm such a n3rd mate BIG star wors fan i loved chewbaca he best jedi XDD
>>
>>70266242
>>70266255
>>70266260
You fit in.
>>
File: FatPuppy.jpg (32 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
FatPuppy.jpg
32 KB, 408x439
>>70265955
Hey guys, Jar Jar is a Sith Lord ROFLMAO!
>>
>>70265525
Since when are studio execs any judge of artistic merit? These fuckers would sell their own mothers if it resulted in more money.
What they're worried about is that there aren't enough identifiable characters or ships to produce toys from so no doubt they'll be jamming in a goofy CGI sidekick somewhere now.
>>
File: 1441791923138.jpg (73 KB, 760x570) Image search: [Google]
1441791923138.jpg
73 KB, 760x570
>>
>>70266083
Probably, but with so many people copying his style, and Abrams claiming to be his fan, it's amazing how much of it didn't make into the new movies.
>>
>>70265767
It's funny cause a Rouge Squadron movie would have had great appeal and a much better premise than Rogue One. They could have totally remade the first Death Star space battle from Wedge's perspective and then roll into what he does in between ANH/ESB/ROJ. You still get your big ensemble cast, you get your strong woman, and you get what TFA sorely lacked, good, well choreographed space battles. It would have been awesome.
>>
>>70265525
>swn nibble your earlobe
;_;
>>
File: 1463284199125.jpg (33 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1463284199125.jpg
33 KB, 409x409
>>70266270
I'm the biggest Star Wars fan you guys! I had a TON of fun with Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™ and I would definitely go see it again with my friends in IMAX™ in 3D. However, I'm not fanboying here, and I am giving my complete unbiased opinon.
>>
>>70266285
NO U
>>
>>70265525
Disney execs will never allow their movie to have a more gritty tone, just look at Capeshit. It's all about pandering to the lowest common denominator for them, what did you people expect?

You think these people actually like Star Wars? Kek
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 673x648) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 673x648
>>70266188
SJWARS: THE PATRIARCHY STRIKES BACK
>>
>>70265815
>tfa dazzled me
G O B A C K
O
B
A
C
K
>>
>>70265815
opposite for me
SW7 just looked like 'Earth' while Rogue One looks at least like an Earth-2
>>
>>70266355
I hate this fucker, he and the other youtube shill LOVED TFA and never even point out the most obvious flaws in the movie and got swallowed in the hype like most normies, I guess they are a good measure of how retards actually feel of TFA.
>>
>>70266077
>Doesn't know about Rylo Ratarn and how he's a redshirt who will get wrecked and killed by the badguy who will get destroyed by strong female lead
>>
>>70266334
>You still get your big ensemble cast, you get your strong woman, and you get what TFA sorely lacked, good, well choreographed space battles. It would have been awesome.
I guess without Lucas nobody has the guts, or any interest to make space battles (and specifically the spaceships) a spectacle of their own. Lucas himself had suffered from this in II, but made up for it in III, with probably the best opening sequence of the franchise (IMHO).

Strange, since such spectacles are one of the redeeming aspects of the rather simple nature of the series, not Boyega close ups.
>>
>>70266402
??? I've been here before anyone knew what reddit was (no one knew what reddit was until 2009)
>>
>>70266462
He also listed TFA in his "Top 50 movies to see before you die".
>>
>>70266303
>Since when are studio execs any judge of artistic merit?

They're not. But they are the first people to see the film's rough cuts and offer feedback.Which is why reshoots are a normal part of filmmaking - they're able to critique at a time when changes are still possible. How much can be changed is debatable - they certainly don't have time to reshoot the entire movie, actors might only have a week or two, maybe less, free rather than four months. But every movie produces a list of things execs & test screeners want changed before the film is finished, for better or worse.

> so no doubt they'll be jamming in a goofy CGI sidekick somewhere now.

There's always been one of those. Alan Tudyk's character.
>>
>>70266479
Have they simply forgotten that the title is 'STAR WARS'?

Even in II, the Battle of Geonosis was pretty cool. III had the opening plus those nice aerial shots on Utapau. I and TFA had about the same amount of space time, I would have loved more Naboo Star fighter just like I would have liked to see more of Poe's unit, or the Resistance/Republic fleet.
>>
>>70266499
Then go somewhere else. I don't give a shit where you go; just go away if you think TFA is a good movie in any way.
>>
>>70266039
I'm surprised some autist hasn't made a 50 page slideshow of "leaks" yet.
>>
>>70265718
Genuinely thought rogue one looked better then the last 4 movies. More realistic. Less shiny. More inline with the original trilogy's setting style and direction. Which makes sense seeing as how this one is set between 5-6
>>
>>70265525

It's finally CONFIRMED

Disney can't into Star Wars

>Reshoots

Bitch please. Disney fucks aren't movie makers, they're product makers.

I thoght Disney should have released the spinoff first and then Episode 7, but I guess that is shit too.
>>
I miss George already
>>
>>70266755
3 & 4, normie.
>>
>>70266604
>Even in II, the Battle of Geonosis was pretty cool. III had the opening plus those nice aerial shots on Utapau
Heck, the ending has an establishing shot of Star Destroyers before moving to the bridge with Vader, Tarkin and Palpatine. It wasn't even a battle.

Does VII have any shots of the ship established before showing us the insides? I think every time it just cuts right down to what Kylo Ren / Hux are doing on their Star Destroyer instead.
>>
>>70265818
>BATMAN/SUPERMAN UNDERPERFORMED AT BOX OFFICE

Pssshhhyeah right.

How deluded do you have to be?
>>
>>70266755
It's between 3 and 4. But, I don't think "shinyness" is the problem here, it's how they film it and organize it. 4-6 made cheap plastic Stormtroopers look like actual futuristic soldiers by knowing how to present them, how to direct them. Rogue Ones look just like cosplayers to me.

I guess this is not something that can be articulated well, the troopers just don't feel like "actual troopers" in the trailer scenes to me. Sorry.
>>
>>70266982
We've already had apologize threads, chap.
>>
File: comments.png (181 KB, 1014x761) Image search: [Google]
comments.png
181 KB, 1014x761
Reminder that pic related is the kind of Star Wars "fans" that enjoyed The Force Awakens and is the reason for Rogue One re-shoots.
>>
>>70265619
damn she's ugly as fuck
>>
>>70266755
Yeah, the flamboyant minority LGBT cast that disappears in A New Hope doesn't stick out at all.
>>
>>70265619
Delete this.
>>
>trailer comes out
>/tv/ rags on it, calls it complete shit, "I rebel" becomes a failed meme

>information is leaked that it tested poorly and the execs demand reshoots
>HOW DARE THEY?! Clearly it has too much artistic merit for the soulless Disney drones!

Goddamn /tv/, you're a bunch of turncoats if I ever saw any.
>>
>normal reshoot shit
>Roflcopters fellow anons, SJWars are over!

Can't tell if retards or role players pretending to be retards.

/tv is NEVER right.
>>
>>70267473
>first Death Star
>Bothan spies
"fans" my ass
>>
>>70265525
This movie is going to kill the Star Wars anthology the day it starts. People only care about the episodes, and it's clear the studio does as well, because they've hired complete morons to make the rest.
>>
>>70267807
>People only care about the episodes
dude, i would fucking love to see a spin-off movie about bounty hunters, smuggler, stormtroopers or x-wing pilots. but not when the trailer looks like a shitty youtube webseries with suspiciously high budget, inspired by hunger games or some other shit for teenage girls.
>>
>>70266023
>kyle katarn
talk about a fucking mary sue
>>
>>70267349
i know, but to what result? I'd write him a personal letter if i could.
>>
Reminder: after the first Episode 7 Q&A when some Asian girl asked 'how come no Asians in Star Wars?" they revealed 2 months later they had cast 2 Asians for Rogue One.

Disney will literally listen to any shithead off the street if it means it will score points with Tumblr.
>>
>>70268088
yeah, gameplay-wise. because those bosses ain't gonna kill themselves. but story-wise (as is a stormtrooper becoming rebel agent and in time discovering that he's force sensitive) that wouldn't be so bad. same thing happened with corran horn from the x-wing series.
>>
>>70265766
That would fucking suck. They'll probably let the majority of rebel team survive now too.
>>
"I rebel"
>>
>>70268230
Lol, him becoming a jedi master ruined the character. He was supposed to be a gifted soldier, not a gifted superman jedi.
>>
>>70265804
/thread

Fuck Disney
>>
Wasnt this supposed to be a gritty war movie?
>>
THIS IS A REBELLION

......I REBEL
>>
>>70268322
it's not like there were many jedi to choose from for a council.
>>
>>70265617
yeah, because Godzilla 2014 had soooooo much soul
>>
>>70265525
This is clickbait bullshit. Oh no, a giant budget movie going back for reshoots! No one ever does that.
>>
>>70265804
yep. and this is the reason why the trailer looked like a crappy webseries episode. because it was "dark".
>>
>>70268502
Thank you. From the second I saw that trailer, I felt like something was off. It was extremely underwhelming and felt nothing like Star Wars, and I didn't get why they felt the need to play that sound effect of Jar Jar screaming over and over again for the entire last half of it.
Fuck that trailer.
>>
>>70266499
>hasnt been here since 2006

l0l
>>
>>70265617
Star Wars fans = the broad demographic you delusional buffoon. It's fucking Star Wars, not some niche literal who series.
>>
>>70265911
/thread
>>
>>70265525
>‘Rogue One’ has fallen short of what J.J. Abrams did with ‘Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens.’ So Disney has ordered reshoots.
I'm guessing it wasn't progressive enough?
>>
>Movie will suck for first 2/3rd
>Suddenly, Darth Vader
>OMFG BEST MOVIE EVER 99% ROTTEN TOMATOES
....YOUTUBE CRITICS BLOWING LOADS. NERDS CLAPPING IN THEATRES. 2 BILLION WORLDWIDE...HOLY SHIT SPACEKINO
>>
>>70267932
I thought Rogue One was a tv show when I heard about it, still did after I happened to see the trailer.
>>
>>70268322
>him becoming a jedi master ruined the character.
Except I, Jedi was pretty great when you consider a quarter of the book is just stackpole making fun of KJA being a hack.
>>
iRebel
>>
>>70265939
You loved a retelling of a story that much?

>>70266099
Oh wow, people who don't really give a fuck kinda liked some mediocre movie. Did they even realize it's episode 4 with a vagina?
>>
>>70265718
tfa is a fan fiction, though. why does everyone think disney can possibly make star wars?
>>
Why do they bother.
TFA proved beyond doubt that people will watch it anyway no matter how shit it is.
>>
>>70268846
To be fair they had a massive marketing blitz and people come out of the woodwork for star wars. Unless they start delivering on something with rogue 1 or episode VIII you're going to see some diminishing returns.
>>
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/67694387/#67694387

What did he or she mean by this?
>>
>>70265525
>much-anticipated “Rogue One”

I have no plans to see this movie. Are people actually stoked about it?
>>
>>70269635
Not since i found out it has nothing to do with red/rogue squadron.
>>
>>70269635
People will watch paint dry if it was called starwars. It's in the too big to fail state like comic book movies minus the racist fantastic four.
>>
>>70267807
This was just an unpopular one to start out with.

You just know that young Han Solo quip-a-minute movie will make bank no matter when it comes out.
>>
>>70269810

How long until they run the genre into the ground like they did with vampires?
>>
>>70270180
A new trend would have to come out but I can't think of anything cooler to a normie than "Im a nerd, I make fucking bank, I save the world with my thinking and my rock hard rocket launching dick".
>>
>>70268447

My nigga Gojira unleashing the atomic breath was better than absolutely everything in TFA.
>>
>>70265804
>Good guys are bad. Bad guys are good.
These people are idiots
>>
>>70270680
>There are heroes and villains on both sides

What did they mean by this
>>
>>70270734
LET HER GO ANON
>>
>>70265525
As a massive Godzila fan, G14 was a huge disappointment. It failed to satisfy me as a fan or a moviegoer. His concept of what constitutes as satisfying and crowd pleasing is almost five scenes of buildup to random cutaways, replacing the movie's best character with its worst almost and hour in, and while visually getting the scale, making Godzilla fell "well he's here, just swimming around."
>>
>>70265525
I saw an unfinished cut of the movie and yeah its probably because the movie tends to get dark fast
>>
If there could be a Sicario set in the SW universe... yeah, that would be fine with me.
>>
>>70269635
I am. Then again, I was led to believe it would be a dark war movie. If that doesnt prove to be the case Ill just wait till the BR release.
>>
>>70270804
*feel
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 368x206) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 368x206
>>70265588
Yes the toppest of keks.
>>
File: .......jpg (98 KB, 600x255) Image search: [Google]
.......jpg
98 KB, 600x255
>>70267694
...... we rebel.
>>
Disney is desperately trying to save this train-wreck.

if Godzilla is any indication, Rogue One is filled with boring characters and 10 mins of action.
>>
doesnt every movie with a big budget do reshoots? yall are some triggered ass baited ass muhfuggahs
>>
>>70265525
>But ‘Rogue One’ has fallen short of what J.J. Abrams did with ‘Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens.’ So Disney has ordered reshoots.”
So it was a good movie and they wanted to dumb it down to TFA levels? Or was it even shittier than TFA?
>>
>>70267473
There are no bothans.

Not even a single non-human species.
>>
>>70273731
It probably was bad but Chris thought it was fine so someone with enough sense got Disney to drop the hammer and order reshoots.
>>
>>70265804
>Good guys are bad. Bad guys are good
Heroes on both sides confirmed!
Lucas pottery finally pays off
>>
Maybe it needs more quips
>>
File: 1423836155839.jpg (37 KB, 191x226) Image search: [Google]
1423836155839.jpg
37 KB, 191x226
This leak might cost me my job but here it goes:

Janerso arrives at the Death Star, puts the shields down by pressing random buttons over a bottomless pit.

When comming back to her ship, Vader is waiting in the corridor.
>I've waited for you Rogue One, we meet at last.
>You're only a master of evil, Darth!
Vader walks to her coughing and doing wierd noises like and old coffee machine.
>Was this part of your plan Rogue One? Getting yourself caught? No men can stop the might of the Empire.
> BUT I AM NO MAN, AND I.... REBEL!

She sneaks under his guard and does pulls some spaceninjutsu techniques to take down Vader. Then she runs away to her ship.

I work on set, all of this is true.
>>
>>70265718
It has a game of thrones looking aesthetic on my opinion. Not a good thing for starwars.
>>
>>70265617

Star Wars has always appealed to the broad demographic.
>>
>>70265911
>Suicide Squad reshoots
DC IS IN TROUBLE
>Rogue One reshoots
All movies have reshoots! It's all perfectly normal!

nice damage control, mouse shill
>>
>movie is too dark

Good, we might get actual emotional depth by seeing likable characters die. The problem TFA had is Han dies and then it cuts to an action scene 15 seconds later, no time to remorse all action
>>
>>70274328
Moreover, Leia seemed eerily calm with Han dead and her son saber-ed while completely fallen to the dark side.
>>
>>70267272
this, the editing of the movie was so shitty
>>
FUCKING KARMA HAHAHAHAHAHA
BURN IN HELL JEWS
>>
File: 1453867554494.png (438 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1453867554494.png
438 KB, 540x720
>>70265525
>>
>>70270180
Colin Trevorrow is going to slam the last nail. that's for sure.
>>
File: 1423756422569.jpg (86 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1423756422569.jpg
86 KB, 400x400
>>70265525
>>
Good this overrated garbage franchise finally dies
>>
>>70265588
>implying that TFA wasn't universally beloved by critics and audiences

dumb prequelbabbies and contrarians on the internet don't have opinions worth counting
>>
>>70277989
>implying reviewers werent paid off and audiences even remembered it a month alter
>>
>>70278063
dunno man

post proofs ?
>>
File: 1448369763049.png (346 KB, 600x664) Image search: [Google]
1448369763049.png
346 KB, 600x664
>>70265525
>and to the fans to deliver the best possible movie we can
Translation
>to deliver as much pandering as possible because fans are retarded and will buy anything, just like TFA
>>
They're doing the same thing they did for Suicide Squad: adding more quips.
>>
>>70277740
You underestimate the ammount of retards that would see it just because it's named star wars. I personally know several who watched the latest 'movie' solely for that reason
>>
>>70265525
Why couldn't they have her as Rey instead of discount Keira Knightley?
>>
>>70277989
nah mate, it was a really solid film, but to a lot of people i know it just seemed like a typical action film with a star wars theme.
>>
File: 1464514082893.jpg (54 KB, 471x467) Image search: [Google]
1464514082893.jpg
54 KB, 471x467
>>70278377
>it was a really solid film
>>
>>70268088
>talk about a fucking mary sue
He was a Force-chosen, so of course he accomplished great things. He was the one chosen to save the Valley of the Jedi. Gotta stop calling all the people born with destinies Mary Sues already. Soon you'll be calling Jesus a Mary Sue.
>>
>it's a "kike boss tells us we need diversity so we give main role to a white girl because we want to sell in asia" episode
>>
>>70265950
No, it never was you fucking retard. That shot of her in Imperial gear was obviously her disguise to get on board you flaming moron.
>>
>>70278270
Yeah? Well I will watch this one sole on that reason as well
>>
>>70265525
He's saying that ironically right?
>>
File: starwarscanon.jpg (472 KB, 1764x2508) Image search: [Google]
starwarscanon.jpg
472 KB, 1764x2508
Who cares ?

It's not canon anyways
>>
>>70265588
fpbp
>>
>>70278846
back to >>>/co/ddit

you cancerous degenerate faggot
>>
File: Spiders are not bugs.png (196 KB, 517x357) Image search: [Google]
Spiders are not bugs.png
196 KB, 517x357
>>70265525

>Has fallen short of what J.J. Abrams did with Star Wars: Episode VII

Fucking hell, let me guess, Gareth Edwards tried to mimic George Lucas's camera style where things are not all shaky shake every frame and tried to focus on nice still clean shots and tried to pace the movie to have its down moments and not all IN YOUR FACE ACTION!

Fuck disney anyway, its just a cash grab so there is no point in seeing these spin-offs anyway.
>>
>>70265815

>dazzled

Is this the born of new meme?
>>
Post Rey
>>
>>70279072

JJ essentially made an MCU starwars movie rehash of ANH.

They want that times 5

They probably want to keep that eternal 2 billion number per starwars movie so every movie has to be big.
>>
File: Star Wars (568).jpg (534 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars (568).jpg
534 KB, 1280x1024
>>70265525

Don't care just want Vader.
>>
>>70265525
good fuck them
>>
File: starwarscanon.jpg (482 KB, 1764x2508) Image search: [Google]
starwarscanon.jpg
482 KB, 1764x2508
>>70278821
*updated
>>
>You will never see the Star Wars equivalent of Saving Private Ryan
>>
>>70265525
Film was obviously too good so Disney needed reshoots to bring it back down to good old mediocre tier. Everything is mediocre these days, everything! and it's all the internets faul with it's man babies saluting everything that is "bad ass" and complaining about emotions they are feeling that they don't like. Art is shit because of all of you.
>>
>>70274328
>likable characters

i doubt it
>>
>Disney starts pulling a Sony
>reshooting and remaking the movie to be outside the director's vision
>movie ends up being mediocre or worst
>Disney shifts the blame to direction
>kills Edwards' career like Trank
>>
>>70265740
I literally couldn't make it more than 30 mins into TFA without turning it off. Really an awful movie
>>
File: Reaction (1301).png (527 KB, 514x596) Image search: [Google]
Reaction (1301).png
527 KB, 514x596
>>70279419
>>70278821

I agree with your my OT/EU friends!
>>
>>70266182

>with an arab love interest

They need a chinese/asian one, that is where is all the moneys.
>>
>>70266462
he also said that TFA was the best movie of last year lol
>>
File: 1437423273837.gif (112 KB, 255x231) Image search: [Google]
1437423273837.gif
112 KB, 255x231
>>70265525
>won't do godzilla 2
>>
>>70265525
>IT NEEDS MORE QUIPS!
>>
File: 1463081771757.png (656 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1463081771757.png
656 KB, 720x540
>>70268486
>it's okay when Disney does it.
>>
>>70265667
>Sjw
That didn't take long
>>
>>70280419
literally everyone does it nowadays
>>
Why would they be worried? By the trailer alone this looks much better than TFA.
>>
>>70265525
>STAR WARS IS FINISHED

It was finished when they turned it into SJW wars...
>>
>>70280456
>Suicide Squad reshoots
DC IS IN TROUBLE
>Rogue One reshoots
All movies have reshoots! It's all perfectly normal!
>>
File: 26562.jpg (66 KB, 704x476) Image search: [Google]
26562.jpg
66 KB, 704x476
>>70265525
Who cares? It's all just about forcing SJW propaganda anyway.

As Kasdan said in an interview, he and JJ asked themselves what it would be like if the Nazis had gone to Argentina and regrouped after WWII.

From birth, Jews are raised with this idea that homogeneous white societies will inevitably result in goose-stepping, ethnic cleansing, and warmongering. And I could understand that outlook if history had begun in 1930. But the truth is, whites are the most egalitarian and least barbaric group in human history.

That's what frustrates many of us when jewish SJW Hollywood sensibilities become accepted norms. They're slanted, prejudiced and their bias goes unchallenged by everyone.

The First Order was a Jewish take on ultimate evil. And because modern Jews are obsessed with The Shoah and WWII everything magically relates to MUH SIX MILLION.

It has gotten boring. It's stale. I wish we could get a more nuanced view of evil, but that won't happen because show-biz Jews always find a way of politicizing everything.

Like, recently I saw a movie set in 1920s London. There were several shots of a black man and a white woman holding hands in the street. It was there to sell us something. It was out of place and revisionist. It's tacky and it's condescending.

The objective is to shape public opinion with the assumption that everyone needs "educating" and are too dumb to pick up on the flagrant advertising of their agenda. In this case, it was a short throwaway scene and it still took me out of the movie. The message is basically, "You're too dumb to find the right opinions by yourself, so we're going to give you direction by placing propaganda in the media you consume."

SJW placement just seems dishonest and manipulative. Flagrant product placement annoys me whether it's a product I like or not. It takes me out of the ride that it should be, pauses everything to remind me what I'm supposed to think, and then expects me to jump back in with full enthusiasm.
>>
>>70265525
>STAR WARS IS FINISHED

Literally blame Disney
>>
>>70280509
>company wars

neck yourself please
>>
>>70280509

It's a liberal media feminist SJW nigger cuck Disney shill conspiracy, anon!
>>
>>70265525
>But ‘Rogue One’ has fallen short of what J.J. Abrams did with ‘Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens.’ So Disney has ordered reshoots.”

AKA not progressive "MUH STRONG WOMYN" enough for the jews
>>
>"Why are they pandering to OTfags and not me?" t. prequelkiddie
>>
>>70278821
I hated the prequels when they came out, but I still believe (begrudgingly) that they have their place alongside the OT and the OG EU in the Canon.

Disney Wars, to me, are lower than fan films.
>>
File: 1464553699096.png (370 KB, 328x599) Image search: [Google]
1464553699096.png
370 KB, 328x599
>>70279305
>>
>>70280792
'no'

fuck off
>>
File: 1457306919632.jpg (52 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
1457306919632.jpg
52 KB, 612x380
>>70280792
>>
Has studio interference ever made a movie better?
>>
File: 1368899452431.gif (916 KB, 245x285) Image search: [Google]
1368899452431.gif
916 KB, 245x285
>>70280625
>mfw local companies buy yelp reviews off craiglist but multi-billion disney isn't paying off critics
>>
>>70267473
>Jyn Erso is Captain Phasma
I actually like this idea.
It's not going to happen, but it's a pretty neat idea.
>>
File: 1445289317251.png (33 KB, 205x252) Image search: [Google]
1445289317251.png
33 KB, 205x252
>>70280698
>>
anyone who has any sort of interest in this is a pleb
>>
>movie is good
>studio execs panic
>>
File: disneyworld007-4269958_273_209.jpg (24 KB, 273x209) Image search: [Google]
disneyworld007-4269958_273_209.jpg
24 KB, 273x209
>>70280936

This is you.
>>
>>70281062
>Thor 2
>Age of Ultron
>The Force Awakens
>>
File: 1464624853726.gif (446 KB, 245x179) Image search: [Google]
1464624853726.gif
446 KB, 245x179
>Ira Belle
Who? I thought her name was Jyn Erso.
>>
>>70281124
>>70280936
post proofs
>>
File: EWreviewer.png (209 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
EWreviewer.png
209 KB, 640x480
>>70281062
This is you.
>>
File: 1447496456810.jpg (42 KB, 613x363) Image search: [Google]
1447496456810.jpg
42 KB, 613x363
>>70279419
>>70278821
BASED ANON

GUIDE TO STAR WARS CANON

CANON
>Star Wars
>Empire Strikes Back
>Return of the Jedi

NON-CANON
>Literally everything else including movies,videogames,novels,animated series,comic books,toys,coloring books...etc
>>
File: 1424304424263.png (17 KB, 1232x747) Image search: [Google]
1424304424263.png
17 KB, 1232x747
>>70265718
Absolutely on point. Its way to much ACTION.
And when I say action I don't mean shootouts and saber battles but rather the way its shot. Its like they want you to to be part of the scene so the camera moves around a lot but that doesn't really work because it just looks really cheap.

The OT had a more Lawrence of Arabia type of cinematography were the emphasis was on the whole shot instead of 1/3'rd of it and then throughout the shot the camera moved to the rest 2/3'rds.

I can't really explain it better because im a fucking aspie with an F in English. That and I'm watching Braveheart and i cant be arsed to put Star Wars on to give a more accurate autism commentary on how its shot.

I would also like to emphasise lighting, colour of all things in frame and general pace of the movie.
Very different than the OT which is understandable but that still doesn't change the fact that it makes the experience worse and makes it seem like "Space Fantasy Movie #45"
>>
>>70281242
you could atleast add heir to the empire as canon, since Lucas approved that & Shadows of the empire.
>>
>>70281288
I don't care about Lucas
>>
>>70281188
He can't because he's full of fucking shit. Prequel apologist and DCuck, the lowest of gutter scum.
>>
>>70281299
He certainty knew more than whoever Disney hires.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ZW1gtCljs
>>
>>70265525
>Fallen short of what J.J. Abrams did with 'Star Wars: Episode VII -- The Force Awakens

I don't know. Anything's better than another remake of A New Hope.
>>
>>70267473
>Bothans

THEY GOT THE SECOND DEATH STAR PLANS

THIS MOVIE IS THE FIRST DEATH STAR

NOT THE SECOND

STOP
T
O
P

SAYING THIS
>>
>>70281332
This is terrible don't post it ever again
>>
>>70281124
>>70281188
Thor 2 only got what it did post Avengers hype & Loki. Age of Ultron was as narratively sloppy as BvS (Thor scene). The Force Awakens had shit CG also like BvS not to mention just a fucking remake of ANH. Seeing those movies is just enough proof.
>>
Insider spoiler: Gareth Edwards will not be directing the reshoots
>>
>>70280973
sup /co/ prequel kiddie
>>
>>70281461
Yeah that's your subjective opinon

0 proofs thank you!
>>
It doesn't matter. Just pump money into the marketing department to hype this shit and everybody will flock to see another turd.
>>
>>70281389
yeah?! what are you going to do if i post it?!
>>
>>70265525

>But ‘Rogue One’ has fallen short of what J.J. Abrams did with ‘Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens.

But he didn't do anything, it was shit.
>>
>>70281505
>prequels
>bad
>>
>>70281510
Oh I'm sure some anon with a stats major can prove that Disney movies get far higher RT scores than movies from other studios.
>>
>>70281503
oohhhhhhhhh
>>
>>70281532
The Jews already hooked me with the Britbong casting in both movies. Hearing Daisy Ridley and Felicity Jones speak makes me rock hard. Ridley's fivehead and Jones' crowsfeet don't make me no difference.
>>
>>70281503
i thought we knew this already?

regardless, it's pretty obvious edwards fucked up and this isn't a regular reshoot. f4ntastic part ii.
>>
>>70281578
Yeah utter fucking trash
>>
File: D5foreNews12Dec.jpg (147 KB, 842x596) Image search: [Google]
D5foreNews12Dec.jpg
147 KB, 842x596
>>70281329
>DOESN'T LIKE A RENEWED HOPE?
>must be a Prequel lover!
>>
>>70281584
How would that prove anything ?
>>
>>70281634
confirmed fucking teenie-conformist
>>
>>70281681
back to your degenerate >>>/co/ntainmentboard
>>
>>70281665
Assuming all companies make movies of around the same level of quality, they should all get a similar distribution of scores.
>>
>>70281702
not even him dude its just that its easy to spot you lot who always harp on the prequels. they're good, lad, perhaps stop having a meme opinion, aye?
>>
File: 1439564714299.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1439564714299.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>70281634
So was TFA. In fact, I would've easily confused it for being another installment of the prequels if it weren't for Disney marketing.
>>
>>70265619
>GMILF
>GMILF
>GMILF
>GMILF
>GMILF
>>
>>70281757
see>>70281702
>>
Other studios get young no-name directors to helm big projects and fail. Somehow Kevin Feige keeps knocking it out of the park
>Ant-Man
>Captain America movies
>Guardians of the Galaxy

How does he do it?
>>
>>70281782
yes both of them are trash

so what ?
>>
>>70265525
Daily Reminder Revan was never canon.
Daily Reminder Revan is not canon.
Daily Reminder Revan will never be canon.

Carry on, eufags
>>
>>70281717
>Assuming

come back with proofs lad
>>
>>70281790
nice reply, fella but maybe next time you can respond for real and say why the prequels are bad. meme king.
>>
>>70281828
So they're both shit for the same reasons, yet only the prequels get called on it.
>>
>>70281885
see>>70281790
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.