[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
His speech was literally LOTR-tier Why is Mace so underrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11
File: grab-2016-05-30-09h54m49s97.png (505 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
grab-2016-05-30-09h54m49s97.png
505 KB, 1000x563
His speech was literally LOTR-tier
Why is Mace so underrated?
>>
This episode was one of the best in ages.
Why did normies find it boring?
>>
>>70265072
Because they forgot Benjen even existed and Sam's backgroud like 3 seasons ago = no shock value = normies are bored
>>
Too bad is armor is shit-tier.
>>
His armor was laughable, he looked like a peacock and his speech was hollow as shit and watching his wife give him "you're shit" eyes was amusing.
>>
>>70265044
But it's not. Are you retarded? The whole point is how fucking lame he is. People who love LOTR roll their eyes at this fat faggot.
>>
>>70265072
The only bad part of the episode was Kelly C, but that's nothing new.
Pretty decent episode overall.
>>
>>70265044
he's supposed to look and sound retarded you autists
>>
>>70265163

his wife wasnt even in the scene and we havent even seen her

fucking idiot
>>
>>70265163
That's not his wife, it's his mother.
>>
>>70265044
shut up faggot
>>
>>70265620
>don't talk to me or my mother's son ever again
>>
>>70265163
>His armor was laughable, he looked like a peacock and his speech was hollow as shit

That was the point...
>>
Watching him charge and skewer the sparrow would have redeemed the episode, even if his dumb ass actions would have cost people lives it would have meant that not all talkers get to talk their way out of every situation because they are some kind of anime master planner.
>>
>>70265072
No shocking tweest death
>>
>>70265072
Because it spent like 20 minutes on Sam only for nothing to happen but him getting a new sword. They didn't even manage to drop the Gilly/Baby dead weight making that storyline even worse.

Arya's arc went where everyone realized it would last season.

Dany gave another stupid fucking speech.

The most surprising thing about the episode was mysterious deus ex machina horserider coming to save Bran's shit, which was immediately followed by "Oh, it's Benjen" by anyone paying the least amount of attention to the plot.

I wonder if the show is called "Game of Thrones" because of how much time the plot spends sitting still.
>>
>>70265044
Why do you keep posting this? It wasn't that remarkable a scene.
>>
>>70265072
>Why did normies find it boring?
normies found it great you reddit faggot, /tv/ found it underwhelming.

fucking newfags
>>
>>70266292
Great post
>>
>>70266292
when cuckboi left the bedroom i really thought we finally got rid of gilly, but then the fat fuck comes back for them. ONE FUCKING JOB.
>>
File: MACE 1.png (267 KB, 720x402) Image search: [Google]
MACE 1.png
267 KB, 720x402
"My friends, the our has come. Madness has overtaken this city, and grasped in its claws my children! But now we must drive it back under the rocks whence it came. Madness has had its daaaaay!"
>>
What a doofus.
>>
>>70266470
fucking chills man
>>
>>70266664
My lord!
>>
>>70266299
nope actually the other way around silly retard
>>
>>70266299

Literally the opposite you cuck
>>
>>70266292
>Arya's arc went where everyone realized it would last season

Wut, explain?
Last episode it seemed like Arya is going to taken out by that bitch who hates her, I don't see it happening though. I think she herself will kill that bitch. I don't know what will happen from then on though. Her whole thing has been to become an assassin for ages.
>>
>>70265044
More like the session script writer was underrated. I wonder how he made Hack&Hack feel and if their hurt feelings will cause them to fire him?
>>
>>70266977
Her whole thing has been trying to deny herself as "Arya Stark". It's a crisis of identity. If you couldn't tell she wasn't going to become faceless last season, her change of expression when the mummers started poking fun at her dead daddy last week should have been a giveaway.
>>
>>70266299
I AM LORD /tv/ NOW!
>>
>>70267033
>her change of expression when the mummers started poking fun at her dead daddy last week should have been a giveaway.

Yeah, true. I don't know where they could take her past becoming an assassin though. What are your thoughts?
>>
>>70266292

i just hope gilly and her baby fucking die and then focus on sam becoming a maester

thats the only way his storyline could become not complete shit
>>
>>70265072
2, 4 and 5 were all better
>>
>>70267167
Not really sure to be honest. Probably an encounter with the Waif that ends with the Waif dead and Arya heading back to Westeros, but I don't know what the plot could require of her there. I wish she'd stick around Braavos so the plot would have some way of exploring the Iron Bank, but the show writers don't really seem to have much of an interest in that.
>>
>>70267240
Episode 3 was the best of this season

1 and 4 were shit
>>
>>70267228
I kinda wish they got to fucking in the boat ride like it happened in the books desu
>>
lolno

"men of the west" speech by Aragorn was 10/10 this is 3/10 at best
>>
>>70267264

aragorn doesnt have shit on based mace

fuck off pleb
>>
>>70267264
b8ed
>>
>>70267033
why she doesn't want to be a stark anymore?
>>
>>70267315

based retard
>>
>>70265072
Normies have short attention spans and they need constant stimulation and flashy things. Normies are 24/7 on their phones and social media having constant stimulation and instant rewarding. Contemplative or slow-paced scenes where the characters develop emotionally are not stimulating enough. We are a generation of self-created non-congenital ADHD.
>>
>>70267240

Hey Reddit thanks for your opinions! here's an upvote
>>
>>70267399

thats the thing though

there hasnt been any actual character development for fucking ages
>>
>>70267362
>"based"
kill yourself nigger
i have only a passing interest in this trash
>>
Isn't the Citadel another nogurrls allowed club? How is Sam going to bullshit them into accepting Gilly? I mean he had clout (through Jon) at the Wall but he'll be a literal who there.
>>
>>70267970

>Isn't the Citadel another nogurrls allowed club?

yes
>>
Tommen is the ultimate cuck now
>>
>>70267315
She never wanted to be a Lord's daughter to begin with, now her parents are dead, her brother is dead, along with two others she probably thinks are dead, Sansa and her never really got along and she kind of betrayed the family, and Jon joined the Night's Watch. Even if she wanted to go back, what is there she can even go back to?

Not to mention her being a Stark is a direct threat on her continued existence.
>>
>>70265072
It was the worst of the season by far, next one isn't even close.
>>
>>70265760
Fuck outta here, those plumes are awesome
>>
>>70268068

Get out of here you leftist scum. The only characters in King's Landing at at this point who have never been a completely evil dick are Tommen and the High Sparrow. The rest of them are scheming plotters who care more about their own gains than actually governing the city, taking care of its people, etc.

The High Sparrow is an admirable character. He's like one of the good Popes. You have him to thank for Cersei not fucking things up even more in her wine-addled idiocy.
>>
>>70266470
>under the rocks

Which rocks?
>>
>>70265072
its because the whole show is retardedly structured due to the way the entire story has no structure which is why grrmbifuck it cant bother to finish a book i have no interest in because he cant write properly,

Heres how you make a story. Have a main focus have one or two sub plots. GOT is a story with 50 sub plots and 3 main storys going on to the point the entire thing is drawn and spread out too thin. The white walkers and the entire north thing is pants on head retarded. They should focus the entire story on two things Kings Landing and the Dany storylines. The entire story should be Dany comes back to westeros with dragons and wrecks everyone but she goes insane doing it and then she gets killed by some usurper thus continueing the whole game of thrones element that no one rules forever backstabbing dickery what have you.

Or you have the entire story be about westeros and the conflict with the whitewalkers and have nothing to do with the targaryans they are dead who gives a fuck.

Brevity is the soul of wit. In that case GOT is a giant clusterfuck not worth paying attention to
>>
>>70265190
He really doesn't though.
>>
>>70268294
that's kind of why people like ASoIaF though, the entire point is that it's a huge sprawling world with lots of storylines and characters

you can spout all the platitudes you want at it, but i have no idea why you kept watching/reading after a single episode if that's what you think
>>
File: guesstheblog.png (16 KB, 716x196) Image search: [Google]
guesstheblog.png
16 KB, 716x196
>>70265072
>>
>>70266977
>I think she herself will kill that bitch
This seems to be a pretty safe bet. "Death will come one way or another" bullshit means that if she kills that bitch they'll probably be okay with it. I know it's illogical nonsense, but none of the Faceless Men rules make sense so I'm sure they won't mind. Plus this way they get to have Arya do her own thing without being pursued by countless assassins.
>>
why the fuck does the waif hate arya anyway? she's just supposed to be her training partner
>>
>>70269047
jealous bitch
>>
>>70267970
He's going to man up and figure it out, that's the whole point of his scenes in the last episode
>>
File: 1464502672585.png (129 KB, 341x341) Image search: [Google]
1464502672585.png
129 KB, 341x341
>>70265163
7/10 bait. got these other retards to reply
>>
Why are all male speeches so dull and moronic?
They drone on and expect loud applause at the end all the same.
Khaleesi's speech in this ep was soooo much better, and there was some really clever wordplay with how she named all of her warriors her bloodriders because she wasn't a khal because she was a woman.
It was also a brilliant deconstruction on how male egos ultimately limit people's because the idea that you only choose a few bloodriders means that you didn't get so many if you were a guy.
>>
>>70269047
She seems exceptionally bitter of Arya's noble birth. I imagine you'll get a full answer next time they meet.
>>
Am I the only one who cracked up when he said 'What's going on?' then panned to Granny looking at him like an idiot?
>>
>>70269609
he was just saying what all the viewers were thinking, it really wasn't funny.
I also don't get why they didn't still kill Sparrow, I guess they like stomach deformation too much.
>>
>>70269649
I mean yeah, I was thinking it too, but you don't really get that meta humor much in GoT
>>
File: 1463399274337.gif (512 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1463399274337.gif
512 KB, 500x499
>the Lannisters won't win the game of thrones
>>
>>70269516
kek'd
>>
>>70269748
good
fucking cucks
>>
>>70269784
theres a menstruation joke in there somewhere...
>>
>>70269748
>A certifiably insane woman
>A constantly bewildered loser with one hand
>A meme dispensary who killed his house's MVP to suckle on dragon cunt
>Some guy who blends in with the furniture
>A burnie sanders supporter

The fact these fags are still meandering around the most tired, boring setting in the show and getting big screen time is just amazing.
>>
come with me and take this city
>>
>>70265072
Half the episode was wasted on Samfat Gamgee and Arya dropping her awful assassination act and Princess Armfat doing her shitty speech.

Fuck man, Benjen and Bran part where the only interesting parts of the episode.
>>
File: 1464662265146.jpg (118 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1464662265146.jpg
118 KB, 600x800
>>70270393
>not being entertained by Sam getting mercilessly shat on by his father
best scene since season 4 tbqphwy
>>
>>70265146
Show armor in general sucks, but at least the swords (in Westeros) are fine.
>>
>>70265163
>his speech was hollow as shit
I don't like you
>>
>>70270461
Can you imagine what is to be a first-grade badass and have Sam as a firstborn son? Hell, I would have completely disavowed the fat fuck.
>>
After all this time it really is... A game of thrones
>>
>>70266470
I heard "Magnus has taken over this city"
>>
>>70266470
Stannisfag here. Still loyal to the one true king. But I will admit Mace the Ace almost made me switch.
>>
>>70266292
the bitch who plays gilly is such a damn bad actor too, and I hate looking at her ugly face.

I don't know why I crushed on her in skins, maybe being younger and she was quirky and wistful making her "deep"
>>
>>70268182
come on man open your eyes, The High Sparrow will almost guaranteed end up being one of the most conniving contenders for power, we've been shown all other kinds of religion though the show, but this is the first religion we've seen trying to take a foothold in a city and leech strength from the crown, and the first religion we've seen that is extremely fanatical about public punishment and condemning the public and royals. (apart from possibly the fire people)
>>
>>70265072

None of the named characters died.
>>
>>70268072

She would go back to kill all the people on her list.
>>
File: 1454285215533.jpg (34 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1454285215533.jpg
34 KB, 500x376
>>70266292
>implying normies don't get wet every single time muh blonde mary sue so much as takes a dump

For all the plebs claiming she's their favourite character, you'd think they'd get her name right. It's Daenerys not Khaleesi, Khaleesi is a title not a name you illiterate cunts.

Hizdahr did nothing wrong.
>>
File: Stannisangry.gif (941 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
Stannisangry.gif
941 KB, 500x271
>>70268294
>They should focus the entire story on two things Kings Landing and the Dany storylines.
> the Dany storylines.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait.... you're not kidding AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>70273687
Khakeesi is easier to say and write than Daenerys
>>
>>70266292
I really don't understand the problem with Arya's arc going where everyone expected it. Isn't it good and natural for some plots to follow what people expect? Not every plotline has to have crazy twists to be good.
>>
File: 1459863718335.png (37 KB, 131x125) Image search: [Google]
1459863718335.png
37 KB, 131x125
>>70274640
>proceeds to fuck it up
>>
>>70266470
M(ace) Tyrell is the one true king
>>
File: one-to-watch.jpg (394 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
one-to-watch.jpg
394 KB, 1536x2048
>>70269047
Because the hunchback of notre dame is admired more by jaqen even tho its CLEAR the waif would be best waifu
>>
>>70275288

Why is she so perfect?
>>
>>70265044
>having this many redditors not get the joke

Honestly thought Jaime's pity nod towards him would help that 25% of the show audience that are slow to understand things. This is the same man that has done a similar thing the past where he tried to be more than he is only to make himself look like a fool.
>>
>>70266987
What? It was intentionally cringeworthy, hence the complete silence after the speech and the pained look from Jamie.
>>
>>70275288
You better get ready for Jaqen to kill her because he knows full well that she won't obey his command to not let Arya suffer.

After that he will pick up Arya and tell her that even a man had a name once and that you want to protect its integrity, even if it has to be buried after layer and layer of fake names and faces.

Because this is where the true strength of the faceless men lies, staying true to yourself no matter what kind of situation you find yourself in.

Black lives matter, peace out.
>>
>>70270461
I found that scene so frustrating because I knew he was going to man up at some point but it took him so long it didn't even happen at the dinner table. He just had to raise his voice at his father and he would at least earn a little more respect
>>
File: Margaery and grandma.jpg (178 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
Margaery and grandma.jpg
178 KB, 1536x864
Why did Olenna look so young and pengy here? Was she a different actress?
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.