[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Katie Couric Apologizes for ‘Misleading’ Gun Documentary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: UTG-Final-Key-Art[1].jpg (71 KB, 628x930) Image search: [Google]
UTG-Final-Key-Art[1].jpg
71 KB, 628x930
>In a statement posted on the “Under the Gun” documentary’s website, Couric took responsibility and expressed regret for the editing process.
>“As executive producer of ‘Under the Gun,’ a documentary film that explores the epidemic of gun violence, I take responsibility for a decision that misrepresented an exchange I had with members of the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL),” she wrote. “My question to the VCDL regarding the ability of convicted felons and those on the terror watch list to legally obtain a gun, was followed by an extended pause, making the participants appear to be speechless.
>“When I screened an early version of the film with the director, Stephanie Soechtig, I questioned her and the editor about the pause and was told that a ‘beat’ was added for, as she described it, ‘dramatic effect,’ to give the audience a moment to consider the question. When VCDL members recently pointed out that they had in fact immediately answered this question, I went back and reviewed it and agree that those eight seconds do not accurately represent their response….I regret that those eight seconds were misleading and that I did not raise my initial concerns more vigorously.”
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/katie-couric-under-the-gun-apology-misleading-epix-1201785392/

It's over, she's finished.
>>
It's fine. Nobody saw it.
>>
They could have filled that 8 second silence with a big wet fart noise.
>>
>>70265058
DABID
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
Isn't that how all taped interviews work? They shoot a bunch of B roll and then edit it so the person being interviewed is saying whatever the producers want them to say.
>>
why are liberals such scumbags
>>
>>70265016

How is that misleading?
>>
>>70265213
Because it made it seem like they had second thoughts on how easy it is to obtain a gun when really they didn't.
>>
>>70265213
manipulation of information and perspective
i hope this bitch gets rectal cancer
>>
File: T6q3sen.gif (1 MB, 413x192) Image search: [Google]
T6q3sen.gif
1 MB, 413x192
>>70265213

Don't play dumb

Or are you really autistic?
>>
>>70265016
GUNZ R BAD!!1
>can't prove that guns are bad
>has to manipulate her findings to support her stance
It just makes being pro-gun sweeter.
>>
>>70265016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXAZ7LZsUy8
>>
11,000 people in the US die from homicide by gun each year. The US has 320 million people.

Is that a lot?
>>
>>70267956
It's not enough
>>
>>70267956
the number is actually lower than that, 8,124 as of 2014, and steadily dropping. Anti gun shills also lump gun suicides in with homicides to inflate the number of gun deaths to fit the agenda.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/expanded-homicide-data/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2010-2014.xls
>>
>>70267956
>11,000 people in the US die from homicide by gun each year.
The figure is closer to 3k, after you subtract accidents, justifiable homicides and gangbanger disputes (500, 2000 and 4000, respectively).

>Is that a lot?
Whether or not someone thinks it's "a lot" or not is irrelevant, because their opinion is based on selective utilitarianism. Arbitrarily singling out x or y as a "problem" because "people die when abusing x or y" is idiotic, to say the least; we'd have to ban everything potentially dangerous in order to appear consistent using that approach.

In the end, gun ownership is a political matter. Some people lack normal self-preservational instincts, others do not. Some people are idiots, others are not.
>>
>>70267956
Relative to other countries, yes.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.