[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ make of the comedy duo Key & Peele?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 1464672293030.jpg (70 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
1464672293030.jpg
70 KB, 618x412
What does /tv/ make of the comedy duo Key & Peele?
>>
Wannabe dave chappele sketches for white people.
>>
>>70263947

hits and misses, some pretty good hits though.
>>
>>70263973
I watched Keanu the other night and its a solid 7.5/10 american 'comedy' film
>>
>>70263947
Carlton x2, these monkeys wanna be white so bad
gonna love it when their movie flops
>>
>>70263947
They're funny, genuinely good at acting and improv, and obviously have a great dynamic together. I just hope now's not their peak is all.
>>
>>70263947
I like their sketches a lot since they bring great ideas to the table but watched the movie this past weekend and it felt so standard the Wayans brothers could have don it.
>>
>>70264890
Their peak was season two of their show. They need fresh writers now or to take a year off to revamp themselves because it looks like they are trying to rely on the thrown out sketches of season 1&2
>>
>>70263947

Haven't seen a lot of their show, but from what I have seen, they're fucking hilarious.
>>
>>70264790
They're both half white. Also kind of weird with Key
>His biological and adoptive fathers are both black, and his biological and adoptive mothers are both white

In my opinion their comedy style is a really good blend of black and white humour. Not fully one or the other
>>
>>70263947
Keanu was a fuck lot funnier than I expected
So they're cool
>>
>>70263947

some of their sketches are really good, not consistent though.

My fav is actually the collab they did with Rocketjump, the one wtih the standoff and the blueberry pie.
>>
>>70263967
/thread
>>
I don't find them funny, but I had nothing personally against them until the turned up in Fargo and completely ruined the tone every appearance they had.

Fuck these guys.
>>
>>70263967

They're not on his level, but they're still good. Not shitty enough to be a DC wanna be/
>>
>>70263947
like the cheapest beer you can buy= just bad and disappointing
>>
Pretty happy to see mainstream comedians, let alone black comedians, who are actually funny fairly frequently. I'd take them over the Wilmores of the black comedians.
>>
File: 1454546890508.gif (2 MB, 450x188) Image search: [Google]
1454546890508.gif
2 MB, 450x188
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RD1-CNUWM4
>>
This was always my favourite sketch by them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw
>>
Hate them. Every sketch is just them repeated the same joke over and over again and you can see the final punchline a mile off every time.
>>
DUDE RACE HUMOR LMAO
>>
They're pretty funny, not sure which is funnier.
>>
Something screams: identity issues
About them.
>>
They are pretty funny. I just hate when they start to involve politics. All the Obama sketches are terrible.
>>
Why are half black half white comedians considered black
>>
>>70263947
shut up faggot
>>
>>70266840
One drop rule
>>
>>70263947
i didn't think their show was very good but some sketches were funny. I saw them live once and it was a good show
>>
>>70265032

Show is done man they wanted to do other stuff.

Love these guys. Even when the writing slips they have such great timing, delivery and chemistry they even make dumb shit funny. Like the valet bit on paper wouldn't be funny but its how they perform it.
>>
>>70263947
One funny sketch for every 10 awful ones
>>
Their shit is fucking impenetrable on youtube and that is gay
>>
>>70266960
That's how sketch shows generally are DESU. SNL is like 1 out of 50 or 1-100 for example
>>
The Gremlins 2 sketch was pretty funny.
>>
Post GOAT Key & Peele sketches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st21dIMaGMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG6EOci0suI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cSc5a49LA
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.