[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw the 3D trend is dying out again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Arnold.jpg (327 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Arnold.jpg
327 KB, 1024x1024
>mfw the 3D trend is dying out again
>>
>>70263844
fucking hope so, seeing 3D presentations take up so many rooms and time at the movie theatre fucking triggers me
>>
3D "dies" because no one takes it seriously. Studios think they can just haphazardly post-convert some shit into blurry, headache inducing shit and triple the cost of a ticket. Doesn't work that way.
>>
I actually like 3D if it's done well it's just that most studios add 3D as no more than an afterthought so in the end it looks pretty lackluster.

The Avatar sequels are gonna deliver wonderful 3D but if you dislike 3D in general you're gonna be pissed because it's gonna reignite the 3D trend.
>>
>>70264604
people think of 3D like "steadicam" movies where it's a design choice, as opposed to production choice...

It's like having a movie in color, ya, but generally speaking it's seen all movies are suppose to be in color.

3D is just done wrong because

>A. most movies normally don't considered depth of field
which makes
>B. 3D movies seem to use depth of field WAY too much for it to be seen legit.
>>
>>70264696
The problem is most 3D movies (read: everything except avatar) weren't actually filmed in 3D. Even the animated movies. They're converted to 3D in post production.

So, yea, of course it looks like shit. The same way colorization looked like shit back before color cameras were standard, leading people to prefer black and white.
>>
>>70264944
the hobbit movies were filmed in 3D and I still rather wouldve seen them in 2D. of course post production 3D is even worse, but it's a pointless gimmick to begin with
>>
Is 3D the schoolyard yo-yo of the film world?
>>
3d films are much like those pop-up books. it's still two pictures projected on a flat surface so the effect is kind of jarring
>>
>>70263844
>dying
Hasn't it been dead for a while, so few movies seem to even get a wide 3D release, and any that do are usually only available to see in 2D after opening week.

>The Avatar sequels are gonna deliver wonderful 3D but if you dislike 3D in general you're gonna be pissed because it's gonna reignite the 3D trend.
I doubt that, 3D comes and goes every decade, once it begins dying there's no saving it.
>>
My Grandma just brought a 3D television as well, poor thing
>>
>>70269334
Yet to meet someone with a 3D tv that uses the 3D, I have two, the glasses are still in their boxes.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.