[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, be honest with me -- is this worth watching, or is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7
Alright, be honest with me -- is this worth watching, or is it Tumblr-tier quirky bullshit?
>>
Not worth watching. Even if you enjoy it at first, you will soon stop.
>>
Season 1 is passable. Season 2 you can see the Tumblr emerge. Season 3 onwards is full Tumblr retard. They have no fucking clue what they are doing.
>>
Its one of the better tv shows and its entertaining. The Specials they do as well are great.
>>
>>70257996

First season is enjoyable, but it goes steadily and rapidly downhill from there. It ends up being absolute fucking garbage.

The blame rests squarely on the writers though, both leads are great, Cumberbatch was a great Holmes.
>>
Only season 1 and 2 are worth watching.
>>
>>70258281
This.
>>
>>70257996

S1 and S2 are good.

S3 is a big fuck you to the audience.
>>
>>70258168
I didn't really like there latest Christmas special.
>>
All I've heard from this show is tumblrettes fawning over Cucumbersnatch, which is hilarious because he looks like a jewish alien giraffe
>>
it's really insufferable and moffat/gatiss should be shot.
>>
Season 1:
Ep 1: starts good, ends shit
2 & 3: absolute shite
Season 2:
Same procedure.
Season 3:
Ep 1 shit,
Ep 2.... actually cute and alright.
Havn't watched finale.

Not worth it. Writing is often obnoxious and logic is missing everywhere
>>
>>70257996
Seasons 1 & 2 are excellent.

Season 3 eps 1 & 3 are good, but I didn't like ep2 (too whimsy).

The Abominable Bride was muddled, messy shite. Hope season 4 improves.
>>
>>70257996
It's pretty gud, arguably the best thing currently on British television, just stay the fuck away from the fandom and try to pretend that they don't exist
>>
I like the first two seasons.

The gradual decline becomes STEEP.
>>
>>70257996
No
>>
>>70258628

disagree about 1x01.

the ending is so subtle, that some think it's lame. the taxi driver told Sherlock he would talk to him, and then Sherlock would kill himself.

an absurd promise. but nothing convoluted happened in order for that event to come about. they had a natural organic conversation, an the taxi driver was about to fulfill his promise, getting Sherlock to kill himself. only John shooting him stopped it.

That episode is truly brilliant, try giving it a re-watch. I think it might be the best of the series, because its so subtle, not trying to be in your face with cleverness, like some of the episodes that followed.
>>
>>70257996
i gave up after watching 10 minutes of first episode
>>
>>70257996
each season has one great episode, one mediocre, and one bad
>>
>>70257996
Its terrible
>>
>>70258094
this is good
listen to this
>>
Season 3 was a slap in the face to fans.

Fans spent 2 years speculating on how he did what he did at the end of S2.

And what did they get? NO definite answer, and those same fans were basically integrated into the Anderson character and portrayed as idiots for pondering over it. Anderson was treated like a fool for investigating how Sherlock did it.

Basically Moffat insulted the very people who spent two years pondering over his work and waited patiently for his follow up.
>>
>>70261781

boohoo lol
>>
Dropped at s2e1 when he stopped being a basement dwelling super autist and became literally James Bond, single handedly defeating the Taliban.
>>
>>70258094

This.

And the special after S3 is fucking horrendous. They essentially repeat the story from S1E1 but throw in dumb feminist shit that makes no sense and dumb fanservice for the girls who fap constantly over the manlet that is Moriarty.
>>
It's very comfy.
They only release 3 episodes every other year so why not.
>>
>>70257996

S01e01 good
S01e02 SHite
S001e03 good

S02e01 good
s02e02 shite
S02e03 good

S03 kinda shite except the wedding one fcken brillant

Christmass special predictable, shit murder.

Still waiting for the s4 though
>>
>>70261781
Hahahahahaha, yeah. This was some bullshit. I'm not a fan, but I felt insulted emphatically.
>>
>>70263969
I get that the ending didn't please some people but overall I thinh that this is the best episode of the whole show. The acting was just fantastic.
>>
>>70258094
This.

Season 1 is okay. Season 2 is mostly okay. Avoid, avoid, AVOID season 3. Season 2 is a good ending IMO. Well, as good as possible.
>>
>>70257996
watch seasons 1&2 at most
>>
Stop watching after season 2.
S3 ruined the show for me.
>>
>>70258094
Nah season 1 was fucked already too, same as Supernatural
>>
Season 1 and 2 are good. Season 3 is so bad it's not even canon and will hopefully be ignored by season 4.
>>
>>70257996
season 3 is complete trash

the special that aired after s3 has a woman be congratulated for murdering her husband because he was abusive
everyone agrees this was justified somehow
>>
>>70257996
It has its moments, but it does try to be too clever for its own good a lot of the time
>>
>>70257996
>Season 1
Glorious
>Season 2
Godlike, fucking fantastic, 11/10, yadda yadda
>Season 3
33% good (The Wedding Episode), 66% pandering and literal retarded ideas
>The Special
I AM NOW TUMBLR
>>
File: 1387512802734.png (32 KB, 506x615) Image search: [Google]
1387512802734.png
32 KB, 506x615
>i blackmail people
>without any actual evidence
>i keep it all in my MIND PALACE
then how does he prove it?
>>
Season 2 episode 1 is one of the best televisions episodes ever.
Season 1 is enjoyable and episode 3 of season 2 is alright, although it goes completely bonkers.
Season 3 was terrible and should never have been aired.
>>
If your gonna watch modern Holmes I'd check out Elementary. It's not very good story wise and especially fails at Holmes type mysteries but Johnny Miller is great and I have a soft spot for Lucy Liu. Overall 6/10, waiting for season 5.
>>
>>70267233
Comfy as fuck

Also the best and most accurate version of anonymous I have ever seen in fiction.
>>
>>70266865
I didn't actually see this episode. But I've got an impression he was bluffing. Or perhaps he held sensitive information that would make other people look?
>>
>>70267233
I remember it having some good mysteries, like woman in coma killing people. It was some neat Holmsean stuff.
>>
Watched the first season. I'd say not worth watching.

The new movies are more entertaining. Even the video game I liked more.
>>
File: 4.png (28 KB, 203x241) Image search: [Google]
4.png
28 KB, 203x241
>Amerifats unironically believe the shitty RDJ movies are better
>>
>>70267550
Of course they're not. Sherlock isn't a kung fu master and RDJ just played himself.

Miller>Cumberbatch>Downey
>>
>>70267550
Americans have this weird thing where they don't grovel to all women and watch them be fucked by muslims.

All hail feminism.
>>
tfw sherlock has to kill dem niggas when they outsmart him
>>
>>70267550
nah they were pretty boring too

Jude Law made an alright Watson tho
>>
I loved it, but apparently I'm retarded and/or homosexual.
>>
>>70260642
This desu.
>>
>>70266698
Supernatural S3-5 were pretty good tho
>>
>>70257996
Just like Dr Who, Moffat ruined this as well
>>
>>70258037
>>70258094
>>70258628
>>70263969
>>70266865

This show requires decent IQ to understand. You dumb fucks didn't understand and calling it shit.
>>
Season 1 - good, actually feels like sherlock holmes
Season 2 - Good but starting to get silly especially with episode 3
Season 3 - Cancerous, tumblr shipping cancer becomes the main focus instead of the actual mysteries.
The special - Literally a remake of the first ep of season 1, avoid.
>>
>>70267014
>Season 2 episode 1 is one of the best televisions episodes ever.

Isn't that the one with the 'sherlocked'? God no, that was cringeworthy.

>>70267622
Accurate

>>70267789
You're not, the show was refreshing, visually it's very pleasant, and highly entertaining with its quick one-liners, enjoyable characters and good performances. There may be little things that bug while watching but since it keeps entertaining you with other things you kinda forget it.

However, if you ever look beneath the surface, you realize it's very self-complacent and not that great. Look at the fall out with the death-faking. With the fans having time to delve into it when the resolution arrived the faulty nature of the writing became obvious.

Also Moffat's Sherlock is more akin to Sheldon from the TBBT than House or Elementary's Sherlock, always getting away with it just because he is Sherlock. Sure it was like this with House but at least with him they always made the point of how misserable he was, and elementary's version at least gets called on and get some character development out of it. Moffat's Sherlock is static. Meeting Watson was the end of his development.
>>
It becomes shit everytime Moriarty is on screen. It then becomes even more shit post S2 when they try even harder to make sherlock quirky and cute.

Garbage show IMO. Only 2 actually good episodes.
>>
>>70257996
Was top viewed show in the UK over the last Xmas/New Year period.

Whether that is an indication of quality is another debate.
>>
>>70268362
No need to lie anon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_(series_9)#Critical_reception
>>
It's just not very good. The production value is complete and utter shit. The writing is shit.

The only way I can see people continuing with the series is if they fall in love the two detectives.
>>
Does anyone actually like that actor who played Watson? He seems like the kind of guy who jacks off to his own reflection. He was the worst part of Fargo as well.
>>
>>70257996
Season 1 is honestly quite good, then it goes downhill from there. Still arguably better than allot of things on TV though.
>>
>>70270167
Good point. There's a helluva lot of Cumberbabes around.

But even the awards people seem to love him. An Emmy nom is almost a dead cert, every year. Baffles me why.
>>
>>70269975
It's not. Anything touched by Moffat is garbage and the British public rarely catch on to their best shows until the fuckers have been cancelled.

>Utopia
>Brass Eye
>Thick of It

That's pretty much the apex of British TV, but they are all as popular as acid rain. Black Mirror is the only good one that has the popularity it deserves.
>>
>>70270224
He was good in The Office.
>>
>>70270376
OK, I get it. You hate Moffat.

Agree Black Mirror and Thick of It are top quality btw. Haven't seen Utopia or Brass Eye (not yet anyway).
>>
>>70270376
There's a rumour that the writer of Black Mirror will be joining the Dr Who writing team.

If so those will be the eps that'll be unmissable, for me at least.
>>
>>70270146
>Doctor Who's ninth series received critical acclaim, and was hailed by many critics as the show's best season to date
Fuck me.
That was the best?
>>
>>70270376
hi RTD
>>
File: steven fuck head.jpg (26 KB, 620x374) Image search: [Google]
steven fuck head.jpg
26 KB, 620x374
Steven Moffat is a fuck head and Sherlock the character is written the exact fucking same as the doctor.
>>
>>70270772
I suppose it depends on your POV. It was a pretty solid season, not sure if I'd rate it 'the best one' personally. Capaldi and Coleman are v.good actors imo, and obviously put their all into their performances, which helped a lot.
>>
>>70257996

It has a smart character written by an idiot. Don't watch it, this version of Sherlock is an all knowing omnipotent being. Fuck this shit.
>>
The show is only hated because of its fans, same with most shows and movies on here.
>>
>>70271285
this.
>>
>>70271285
>It has a smart character written by an idiot
Someone post it.
>>
File: sherlock.png (257 KB, 915x933) Image search: [Google]
sherlock.png
257 KB, 915x933
>>70271840
>>
>>70270848
Erm. Moffat & RTDavies remain good friends.

Say hi to Caroline, or possibly Gareth, instead.
>>
File: Sadfleck.jpg (62 KB, 491x719) Image search: [Google]
Sadfleck.jpg
62 KB, 491x719
>>70270167
>The production value is complete and utter shit
This right here highlights how stupid /tv/ is.

Even if you don't like the show, it genuinely looks amazing and clearly has a high budget.
>>
>>70271887
thanks.
>>
>>70257996
UK is so fucking grey and boring and depressing, it's like richer Poland.
>>
>>70271903
Aww...poor ol Ben. One day he'll realize he's better behind the camera, rather than in front of it.
>>
>>70272074
I live in the UK. Completely agree.
>>
The reason this show sucks is because it's made by the same fucking moron who is the show runner for doctor who. You know, I can appreciate a cliffhanger, but when the show starts breaking the boundaries of reality just to fuck with the audience's mind, that pisses me right off.

>jumps off fucking building
>fine

>blows his own brains out
>all good for another bullshit ending

Just end the series so we can enjoy the fact you aren't still picking the flesh off the corpse that is Sherlock.
My grandmother won't even watch it because she says Sherlock is too gay for her.

One of my biggest peeves is how the show constantly is treating sherlock as this cool retard and telling tumblrites that in order to be like Sherlock, you have to be a cunt. 90% of the people who like the show probably never even read Sherlock Holmes books
>>
>>70266865
some bullshit excuse about he owns the media and he needs no proof.
>>
>>70272137

Then might I suggest you fuck off somewhere else.
>>
>>70270376
Not seen Utopia, but 100% agree that the others are fantastic.

I enjoyed Sherlock though (not seen the special), pretty enjoyable and short if a little bit silly. It suffers from the same issues as Dr Who, where it effectively just goes "magic!" and solves the problems but doesn't feel quite as retarded.
>>
>>70272332
Nope. Altho I moan about the miserable weather here, it's home at the end of the day. Lived here all my life, as did my parents, grandparents and great grandparents. Haven't delved further back into the family history (yet).
>>
>>70257996
really great at first

then went to really shit

shame
>>
File: I didn't need to see this.jpg (189 KB, 535x907) Image search: [Google]
I didn't need to see this.jpg
189 KB, 535x907
>>70260642
This. I really like the show, but the tumblr fandom is terrible. Pic related
>>
Remember when Moffat killed Doctor Who?
>>
>>70267550

>don't breathe the gas or you'll get spooked by the CGI dog
>you better not shoot your gun or it could ricochet and hit you back
>Let's toss in a little Holmes and Moriarty ship Fuel and constantly make jokes about Watson and Holmes being gay lovers

Your Bongistand TV show is fucking awful, the movies are way better.
>>
>>70269437

>You dumb fucks didn't understand and calling it shit.

l2English
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.