[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we stop with the "Star Wars takes place in the past"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: images.png (6 KB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6 KB, 512x287
Can we stop with the "Star Wars takes place in the past" meme?

It is so obvious that it takes place in the far future where humans have spread put into the galaxy.

Read the original 1976 A New Hope novel - Earth is listed in there.

The "long time ago" title is due to star distances - humans have spread out far from Earth which is millions of light years away so whatever is happening on their planets; it resembles a long time ago in our star system.
>>
>>70257021
sheeeeet that's interesting.
>>
File: Satan.jpg (40 KB, 436x418) Image search: [Google]
Satan.jpg
40 KB, 436x418
>>70257021
Actually I'm pretty sure it takes place in hell
>>
galaxy far away is actually hell lol
>>
I wonder if Finn will get with Daisy
>>
>>70257021
>A New Hope nove

Nope
If it's not in the 3 movies it's made up fanshit
>>
>>70257378
Your mum is a nove
>>
>>70257371
doubt it
>>
Star Wars takes place in a fictional universe that's actually hell.
>>
>>70257349
top kek
>>
File: MEME2016-05-30-11-27-24.jpg (100 KB, 480x416) Image search: [Google]
MEME2016-05-30-11-27-24.jpg
100 KB, 480x416
>>70257021
>>
>>70257378
This
>>
>>70257021
>The "long time ago" title is due to star distances - humans have spread out far from Earth which is millions of light years away so whatever is happening on their planets; it resembles a long time ago in our star system.

So, you're saying it does take place in the past? Since it took millions of years to reach us. I mean. I'm not sure what you're getting at.
>>
>>70257021
>Earth which is millions of light years away so whatever is happening on their planets; it resembles a long time ago in our star system.

What is this shit. That makes no sense.
>>
>>70257021
Presumably the same thing happened as in Battlestar Galactica
>humans evolve on a planet other than Earth
>humans advance to the level of colonising the galaxy
>events of Star Wars happen
>humans colonise Earth
>Earth loses contact with the rest of the galaxy
>Earth humans revert to cavemen
>Earth humans advance to become us
>>
>>70257021
>A long time ago but only due to star distances (lmao what) in a galaxy far far away

Why would they mention distance twice?
>>
>>70257021
OP is making shit up
Earth was not mentioned in the original "1976 New Hope Novel" because there was no "1976 New Hope Novel."

The novelization of the movie was released in 1977, and the name "A New Hope" was only affixed in the 80s when lucas thought up the "episode IV" shit.

Why would anyone lie on the internet?
>>
>>70257604
He's trolling. His logic is like saying "did you know there's more stars in our galaxy than atoms in the whole universe?"
>>
>>70258068
That isn't true, actually. The original edition of the Star Wars novelization was released during Christmas 1976, the planned release of the film before it was pushed back to May. A second edition of the book was then made that had a tie-in cover and scenes from the movie shown in a promotional section.
>>
>>70257349
Reddit please leave
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.