[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were black shows in the 70s all about the stern guidance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: goodtimes.png (819 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
goodtimes.png
819 KB, 1000x600
Why were black shows in the 70s all about the stern guidance parents and children learning how to make it in life? was it just the media trying to hide how bad blacks had it then or was it really trying to send a message to urban youth.
>>
>>70255284
>black
Did you mean nigger, tourist?
>>
Because the cia hadn't introduced crack to the ghettos and turned all of inner-city america into a lost cause yet
>>
>>70255315
DUDE NIGGER LMAO
>>
HANGININAJULA
>>
>>70255340
do you think the government caused the decay of black urban areas in attempt to make them destroy each other?
>>
>>70255284

Black feminism hadn't completely destroyed the black community yet
>>
>>70255428
Of course, why do you think gangster rap was created?
>>
>>70255471
>Black feminism hadn't completely destroyed the black community yet
There is really no such thing. The feminist movement is white-centered, and it's either ignorant or apathetic toward the plight of minority women.
>>
>>70255284

Both. White people thought that black people had all this good strong parenting because their tv shows told them so. Black people back then could barely afford second hand tvs, so they could use all the help they could get.

There was a bit of optimism and hope in the black communities, they were riding the tide of civil rights, and the media made it seem cool to be black. But then the cold reality showed its ugly head, the limitations of the negro and the shallow sanctimony of the white liberal. The white liberal doesn't care about his crusades, as long as it looks like he cares.

>crack
They had coke since before the jazz age.

>>70255428
I'd say thanks to a lot of inherent faults in the negro, their society was doomed to collapse. Look at post-colonial 21st century sub-saharan africa. They're still in fucking mud housing despite being told how to build their houses. The bullshit drug war (really just an expansion of FBI, DEA and local enforcement agencies) just accelerated things.
>>
File: Percy_Fitzwallace.jpg (42 KB, 390x380) Image search: [Google]
Percy_Fitzwallace.jpg
42 KB, 390x380
>>70255284
is it me or did he get blacker?
>>
The government building all those "projects" was probably the most underhanded thing they did to the black community. Under the guise of "helping" they rounded up all the blacks in the city into these towers where they could keep an eye on them and watch them implode onto themselves

good times took place in one of the projects but maybe in the early 70s it was a still i nice place
>>
File: maritaldecline.jpg (91 KB, 575x449) Image search: [Google]
maritaldecline.jpg
91 KB, 575x449
>>70255284
It was a bit of bullshit, but black families (with the father intact) used to be a thing yeah. Libs got a hold of them & its been downhill ever since.
>>
>>70255471
>Black feminism
You mean welfare.
>>
>>70255916
WE WUZ GOOD DADDIEZ
>>
>>70255428
I'd say definitely yes. They did similar shit in my country by introducing drugs into various intellectual subcultures to control the previous generation (their parents who were mostly on high positions in governments, secret services, academia etc.) and if they did all that shit in a remote country that doesn't even have that much to do with the US, then they definitely did it to control your own population.
>>
>>70255284
>Why were black shows in the 70s all about the stern guidance parents and children learning how to make it in life?
Which shows OP?

>Sanford & Son
Son was already an adult.

>Jeffersons
Child/Children were already out of the house.

>What's Happening
Sure.

There were only a handful of shows. And the similar white shows had the same themes right?

>media trying to hide how bad blacks had it then
I don't understand what you are trying to say. The image in your OP was a show where the father eventually left. And the family always had fucking problems.
>>
>>70256154
The dad on Good Times died on the job because the actor wanted out of the show or more money or something. His character didn't just leave the family though.
>>
>>70256030
Those stats are almost 10 years old & its nearing 80% these days. Blacks are fucked beyond repair. And the more they fuck up, the more its somehow whitey's fault.

Stay with your kids you dummies.
>>
File: kojak.jpg (226 KB, 532x750) Image search: [Google]
kojak.jpg
226 KB, 532x750
>>70255284
70s and 80s were the age of drug of scares. Hell, in the 80s seeing PSAs everywhere became perfectly normal and accepted. It was also still a period of optimism before everyone fell into cynicism in the 90s and onward. Also, best cop show ever made was made in the 70s.

>see the show
>it seems like some entirely different planet
>>
>>70256238
I have a PhD and so does my father. Go fuck yourself manlet.

Great thread btw.
>>
File: GOAT black sitcom.png (684 KB, 706x535) Image search: [Google]
GOAT black sitcom.png
684 KB, 706x535
>>70255284
Not all 70s black shows.
>>
>>70256281
Good for you. Now tell the other 80% of your garbage race to quit dickin & splitin.
>>
>>70256234
>His character didn't just leave the family though.
My mistake.

> the actor wanted out of the show or more money or something.
I was under the impression he left because of the "buffoonery" of the J.J. character.
>>
>>70255284
failed conditioning project. can't fight the inner nigger.
>>
>>70255543

Yea cuz the "I dont need no man im a strong black woman" mentality came out of nowhere right?
>>
>>70255284

all shows had to be like that, it was just how television was.
>>
>>70256238
It's going to happen to whitey too.
>>
>>70255578
Coke and crack are very different
>>
>>70255284

>was it just the media trying to hide how bad blacks had it then

Exactly how bad did blacks have it in the 70's? Last I checked things seemed pretty OK.
>>
>>70256883

Then why do Liberals whine and call it "racism" that crack sometimes had higher penalties for possession?
>>
>>70255501
To influence whites into sleeping with niggers krager, you fucking nigger
>>
>>70256281

>I have a PhD and so does my father.

A PHD in a grievance study like "Analyzing Systematic Racism through Interpretive Dance" doesn't count, shithead.
>>
>>70255284
You notice there's a direct correlation with the decline of those type of moralistic shows and the rise in violence in the black community?
Since TV is the only place they get their moral outlook, they should increase the amount of these types of shows to stop the impending chimpocalypse.
>>
>>70255543
this is completely untrue. there is a distinct black feminism movement - it's usually called womanism now, but if you bother to look into the history, organizations like the third world women's alliance and the combahee river collective are largely responsible for the creation and spread of intersectional feminist theory
>>
>>70255340
>>70255428
>>70255501
>>70256126

>There are idiots that unironically believe there was an evil invisible conspiracy by whites to destroy blacks with delicious new irresistable drugs

As if niggers have ever needed help getting high and then stealing hubcaps.
Another brick in the wall of shit niggers did they need to blame whitey for.
>>
>>70258313
Does hearing gangster rap make you want to seek out and fuck the nearest black person?
Must say it doesn't have that effect on me.

Might be a "You-thing".
>>
>>70258386
Black crime is actually down since the 70s anon, they're just niggers regardless of what's on television.
>>
File: thejeffersons.jpg (21 KB, 283x264) Image search: [Google]
thejeffersons.jpg
21 KB, 283x264
70s black shows were good

can't say the same for today. black culture is trash
>>
>>70258432
No
>>
>>70256258
Kojak is the comfiest show, I love getting me some dank weed & beer and just laying around all afternoon watching it
>>
>>70258414
You ignore the proof of a CIA inner city drug conspiracy just like normal people ignore your "proof" of a ZOG jewish media conspiracy :^)
>>
>>70256303
THIS IS THE BIG ONE
>>
>>70255315
Lol.
Niggar, never would have thought to use that word.
Genius anon is genius
>>
>>70255284

The greatest threat to ZOG is a unified nationalist America hence their constant race-baiting. 95% of cuck, BLACKED, nigger, trump posters are kikes pushing their subversive anti-American racist dialogue in order to divert attention from their control.

Tragically the blacks have suffered most from the jews policy of hatred.
>>
>>70255284

Or maybe that was just the times? Just saying the word damn got you on trouble. All those shows where like that basically except all in the family
>>
>>70259340
Lol you clearly weren't alive at the time
>>
>>70259464

I wish I was was. The music was GOAT back then;_;
>>
File: 1463297169253.jpg (60 KB, 715x796) Image search: [Google]
1463297169253.jpg
60 KB, 715x796
Because silly soft gilmore girls style of parenting produces the garbage people we have today.

Stern conservative parenting means ur parent gives enough shits to prepare you for the real world.

It was similar for the whites. But not really. But kinda yes actually.
>>
>>70259534
You like disco anon?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.