[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it weird to go to the movies alone? If somebody wanted to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1455389793157.png (384 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1455389793157.png
384 KB, 640x480
Is it weird to go to the movies alone?

If somebody wanted to go alone, should they go to the afternoon showing or late-night showing?
>>
>>70252821
i go alone most of the time, but also with one friend if he is around.

Dont be insecure, many people have done it without questioning in the past (imagine when people went to the cinema to see the fucking news).

its the eternal cinema owner who shills the "go to the movie in groups goy" so they can squeeze every single penny (most cinema earnings come from the food and beverages they sell at stupidly overpriced rates which are bought mostly by groups of people)
>>
go in the morning or early or whatever. only moms are out at that time.
>>
I go late nighton the last showing. It's usually just me and a few normalfag couples.
>>
I go to the movies alone

>Going to an all day music fest alone next Sunday

I'll probably run into a few people I know, but still I sorta enjoy being able to do as a please without having to worry about someone else
>>
it's all in your head bro, if you take some time to look around in any public place you goto you'll see plenty of people who are alone

i don't let my lack of an active social life due to autism stop me from enjoying life

just don't look like a would-be active shooter and dress in all black and shit, and you'll go unnoticed
>>
I would certainly notice it if I saw someone going alone to the movies, and I would certainly think less of them.

Cant remember seeing anyone going solo ever though.
>>
>>70253792
Also, nobody really pays other THAT much attention in public

If you imagine a random stranger spends more attention to you than a passing thought at best, you're deluded
>>
Nobody gives a shit about you in a public place unless you act like an obnoxious faggot about your social disorder. Suck it up.
>>
File: WJSCG.jpg (266 KB, 1216x1251) Image search: [Google]
WJSCG.jpg
266 KB, 1216x1251
>>
It makes you look like a creep but it's fucking awesome. No worrying about finding multiple seats grouped together, no worrying about getting everyone there on time, no worrying about sharing of any food you buy/bring, no forced conversation surrounding the content of the movie afterwards, you can get drunk and high and no one judges you....
>>
>>70253859
>I would certainly think less of them

I don't think about you at all

-Don Draper
>>
My cinema just applied a strict no-singles policy. This shouldn't sound weird when there's a gym in America where you literally can't behave or look like a Chad or you will be dumped. Too bad, I really wanted to watch Hail, Caesar!

Corporate policies are a very powerful thing.
>>
>>70252821
Unusual, maybe. It's not inherently weird though.
>>
>>70254029

fucking lmao at this, insane how paranoid people can be and how hard they can project

unless you're watching a children's movie or like 50 shades of gray or some shit, no one will give a fuck
>>
>>70252821
>Is it weird to go to the movies alone?

Only the shittiest kind of human being would give even the slightest iota of a fuck to see someone attending a movie by themselves. Seriously anon, unless you're some kind of mutant who attract attention anyway nobody's going to notice you. Ignore people like >>70253859, they're trying to get under your skin. Stop being a pussy and go see some fucking movies.
>>
My local theater doesnt sell singles tickets so i couldnt go even if i wanted to
>>
>>70254247

i go to movies alone every now and then but i guess because i usually go with someone else i'm not freaked out about it? don't really understand this social anxiety considering you're sitting in a dark room and everyone is focused intently on the movie, it's not like showing up to a bar alone
>>
>>70254344
>everyone is focused intently on the movie

You mean their phones.
>>
>>70254029
>being this autistic

if you are this paranoid about going to a theater alone you deserve to be made fun of.

No one gives a fuck. The people in the theater PAYED MONEY to watch the movie. Not watch you.
>>
>>70252821

Late night shows are the best. If I'm going by myself I usually go to the latest screening available, most of the time the place is dead and I get the whole theater to myself.
>>
>>70254029

Holy shit this so fucking weird.
>avoid the toilets, you're more likely to get a panic attack in small closed spaces.

This person clearly has autism
>>
one of my closest friends, a regular dude who has a good job and gets laid, goes to the movies by himself like every other sunday. he seems to really enjoy it so I'd imagine you can't be alone op
>>
File: 1455218777221.jpg (34 KB, 582x463) Image search: [Google]
1455218777221.jpg
34 KB, 582x463
the only person who's going to know you're alone is the ticket bitch, nobody fucking cares you autistic fucks
>>
>>70254218
>>70254490
>>70254522

>they never had to put up with WakingJuno's body chart trolling and shitposting about any actress bigger than an A-cup

I'm honestly a little jealous.
>>
The people that work in my town's theater absolutely hate it. Which is why I make it a point to go every day, fuck those faggots taking a job and then half assing it because they don't like it. What's that? Don't want to serve me food? That's cool, I'll just see a few movies per day, and every so often come and buy some from you guys. It's actually hilarious, because I've managed to get a few of the employees so pissed they quit. The next phase of my master plan is applying for a job there, and constantly spamming them with applications until they hire me. Then I'll be there FOREVER.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.