[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you guys think of this? Im so in love with it yet i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
What did you guys think of this? Im so in love with it yet i have no idea why.
>>
>>70250538
It's rumored that Pynchon himself used to post in this board and /lit. Stuff about shakespeare. How milton ripped off someone in lycidas. And his new book, about fetishizing Violet from Willy Wonka when she turns into a blueberry. he talked about Willy Wonka on this board, mostly.
>>
Sometimes I get scenes from Inherent Vice and The Big Lebowski mixed up.
>>
Had no idea what was going on but I loved it.
>>
File: fag.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
It was fucking stupid.

I didn't like it. It was very pretentious and ostentatiously in your face with writer's ilk, which felt like semen on the chest of my patronized intelligence. It was elitist garbage.

It was a movie made for that guy like pic related so he can feel cultured.

Absolute fucking garbage.
>>
>>70250763
you wish you were this hot
>>
It was just ok. I didn't care for the story much but the character was interesting and the music and cinematography were nice.
>>
>tfw Belladonna out of nowhere
>>
>>70250602
sup, pynch
>>70250538
was not a fan of the movie 1st viewing because pacing. then read the book and really liked it. second viewing i still didn't really like between it didn't include some important parts of the book and it put characters dialogue from 3 or 4 different conversations from throughout the book into one scene to speed up the story

visually i dug it
>>
>>70250538
Absolutely love it, I'd argue maybe even PTA's best. Give it multiple watches guys. I wasn't a huge fan the first go round and now it's in my top 10 of all time
>>
>>70250763
while i would agree in the sense that it (the film) is nowhere near as groundbreaking or awe inspiring as some of pynchons other works (v. and gravitys rainbow come to mind), it was still a pretty solid piece of paranoid detective/stoner fiction.
>>
File: jfk.jpg (248 KB, 438x700) Image search: [Google]
jfk.jpg
248 KB, 438x700
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHl6qQ3V1Mc
>>
File: 1464589431074.jpg (35 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1464589431074.jpg
35 KB, 540x540
>>70250930

I did not read his novella, nor do I have any stance against fine literature. Yet PTA's execution had a glaring sense of "post-hipster" tone to the film. Much like stoner films where "you need to be a stoner to understand", you need to be /lit/ to understand the film. I find this incredibly pretentious.

I'm a full throttle film fag, schooled and working in the industry. I have written screenplays that have been bought and paid for. During the formative time of being kindly told to fuck off after a pitch, I learned of certain things to steer clear of. Avoiding insider humor/posturing is incredibly difficult. But, you need to learn how to avoid insider info so that viewers aren't lost in a sea of "why".

An example of how this can either pay off or fall flat are Kevin Smith films. He throws in some comic book jargon along with inside jokes about his universe. Some people get it, most don't.

My screenplays are stand-alone and do not insult the viewer's intelligence.
>>
>>70250538
I thought it was really good. Classic PTA camera work. Really funny. The story made me want to keep watching thumbs up.
>>
>>70251265
excellent b8 my friend
>>
>>70251076
Wow, thank you for this
>>70251364
This, it's thorough entertainment. Funny, fun, and quite comfy. The ouija board scene I actually find pretty emotional
>>
>>70251473
I can't keep from watching that scene. Something about it touches so deep yet i have no idea what
>>
only film i've gone to see at the cinema twice

absolutely magical
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.