[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silicon Valley
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 9
File: silicon-valley[1].jpg (12 KB, 325x227) Image search: [Google]
silicon-valley[1].jpg
12 KB, 325x227
What did i think about the latest episode?

I love that Mike Judge isnt adding any permanent love interest characters for women to relate to
>>
>>70248713
lol

how's being a virgin going for you
>>
I miss Russ.
>>
>>70248713
I liked how that tumblr bitch from last season only showed up for 5 seconds when they were looking for cheap coders then disapeared again because fuck that character
>>
My boyfriend broke up with me because of the last episode, because it brought up Vim vs Emacs
>>
>>70248821
i loved that.

I thought "here comes the token female character", but then they made fun of the left and kicked her out.
>>
>>70248758

not good bro will you talk about it with me
>>
m'lady was killing me
>>
>>70248910
just go to /fit/

you still won't meet any woman but at least you'll have some swole bodies to admire
>>
Tabs > Spaces.
>>
i really like the show but its just feels like it could be much more funny. the whole deal with the guys discovering something revolutionary and then blowing it an episode later is getting stale and formulaic.
>>
>>70249016
Its a sitcom dude.
It's a show to make you laugh.
The story is secondary.
>>
>Richard being the embodiment of the fedora meme
>Confirmation that Jared does indeed fuck
Great episode.
>>
>>70249016
seems pretty realistic in those situations - it's always one thing after another
>>
>>70248895
Wow, you guys really didn't get it, did you?
>>
>>70249016
If Richard got what he wanted and the company came to fruition what would be the fun in that?
>>
>>70249535
please tell us
>>
>>70249535
Yes, we get it, a character that was hugely disliked by the audience was removed from the show. Pretty simple
>>
>>70249607
Do you think they record the episodes the same week they air?
>>
>>70249699
Do you think they record episodes from different seasons at the same time?
>>
>>70248871
Vim is better though
>>
>>70249014
Wrong. You invariably end up mixing tabs and spaces, especially when those function names get so huge with all those telescoping parameters that you then wrap onto the next line and end up adding spaces so they line up line a pleb. Had you just kept using spaces and changed your editor to replace tabs with spaces you'd be way better off
>>
>>70249923
>>70249923
tell him that
>>
>>70250034
I already did and he committed suicide
>>
I love how the shows intro updates itself to keep with the times.

Anyone notice the Uber vs Lyft baloons going at it?
>>
>>70250123
noticed the uber one when i watched the latest. Was it there before?
>>
it's been a solid season so far, but i don't really like the erlich & big head's storyline. it's all going play in big head's favor sooner or later, but erlich blatantly taking advantage of him is just annoying to watch.
>>
>>70250517

Agreed, Erlich is really annoying me and seems like the worst part of the show by far.

>>70249014
I'm an SDE by profession, all style guides at major companies tell you to use spaces over tabs. The whole "clicking space 4 times instead of tab once" was really stupid, just edit your vimrc to include tabexpand and tabwidth = 4 and it's a null point. I don't know how they fucked up so bad, Richard should have been autistic about spaces over tabs because simply nobody I know uses tabs. A code review containing tabs will be rejected.

>>70249923
Vim is indeed better. Once again Richard was autistic in the wrong direction on this one. The writers didn't do enough research and Richard comes off like an idiot.
>>
>>70248758
This.
>>
>>70248713
This season has been pretty mediocre, Big Head wasn't a total retard like he is now and its not even funny.
>>
>>70250917

Shut up science bitch
>>
>>70250986
This.

He is just too much of a retard now.
>>
>>70248713
It's an honest portrayal of Silicon Valley-- and therefore women will be limited to managerial, girlfriendal and other nonsense roles.
>>
File: No Game.png (962 KB, 606x752) Image search: [Google]
No Game.png
962 KB, 606x752
>>70248812
GOAT character, written off in favor of the female autism-bot

>>70249699
different seasons are recorded at different times

she was disliked in season 2, so she was removed in season 3

>>70250986
bighead and erlich are both over the top and boring now

they were funnier when they felt like real oblivious people, instead of tv obnoxious people
>>
>>70250986
all the characters are getting flanderized

>gilfoyle / dinesh: racist joke / complain about racist joke
>jared: some weird terrible anecdote from his past
>richard: clumsy, stuttering

not sure about the rest. the show is still good, but not as good as it was
>>
>>70251565
theres no surprises anymore

the show's not funny when you can predict every conversation
>>
>>70250917
Wasn't that kind of the point? the fact that he's socially awkward/inept doesn't translate on him being a full on aspie , he's really smart and as he stated he's really anal about a lot of things (hence the tabs and the vim). Besides that, the fact that the girl had a steady job at facebook it kind of implied, that there are many people more skilled than richard out there, but he can't be part of something bigger, so he has to make his own .
I don't know I might be wrong, but that's what I got from that exchange and his fall from the stairway trying to move 4 stairs at a time (while he was trying to make a point, and clearly failed)
>>
File: ChbVqmDUoAA-H0V.jpg (36 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
ChbVqmDUoAA-H0V.jpg
36 KB, 600x337
tfw you dogface
>>
>>70252237
Looks like a Pakistani Denzel Washington
>>
>>70249540
I mean they still write stuff for Galvin Belson so it's doable, but I don't want them to get to that point either, at least not for a while
>>
>>70251718
>his fall from the stairway trying to move 4 stairs at a time

8 stairs you complete ass-mucous
>>
god damn i love gavin

>he actually wanted to kill those people
>>
>>70252486
take your meds and go to sleep wife's son.
>>
Really like Mike Judge.

However, this show is terrible. Really unfunny.
>>
>>70252745
why?
>>
>>70251519
What do you mean "written off", the actor died
>>
>>70251346
kek enjoy flippin da burgs pops

and then enjoy sittin in da streets when i code you out of your job
>>
I wish they'd just build that fucking platform already
>>
>>70249923
Vim is better because it doesn't pretend to be a fucking userland
>>
>>70252774
Because I enjoyed Beavis and Butthead and King of the Hill and some of his other stuff.
>>
What I don't get is why the lawsuit mattered when Richard rewrote the entire engine for middle-out.
>>
>>70252685
take your wife's son's complete ass-mucous
>>
>>70252639
But of course he can't. Not in this day of age.......
>>
>>70248895
nah, there was an interview with one of the writers who talked about how every new writer for the show wants to turn sv into a dating sitcom which the show isnt about

if anything this episode was pushed through to put the idea of any major romance plots to bed

a % of non romantic females perportionate to the gender divide in the actual tech industry will continue to be in the show
>>
>>70252944
He likely modified the code, he didn't start completely from scratch again on a blank slate. That infers he still worked on it at Hooli, even if that part was gone.
>>
>>70251519
How was Russ was written off in favor of Laurie? What's a GOAT character?
>>
>>70253384
>infers
>implying
>>
>>70250917
Do you work at Amazon?
>>
>>70248713
filler episode.

low point in an otherwise kickass season.
>>
What exactly was Bachmanity supposed to do as a company besides waste money?
>>
>>70254472
it's just erlichs way of funding his incubator only using bigheads money.
>>
>>70248713
Skipped 90% of the latest episode because all the sketches seemed like shit
>>
>>70254472
There really was no point, Erlich just found a way to manipulate someone and get easy money so he did it.

Honestly I feel like they ruined Erlich's entire character this season. Like I never liked his personality, but he at least wasn't a shit character. It really doesn't seem in him to blow $20 million that fast without even thinking about the consequences while still smuggling alcohol from home into the bar/restaurant presumably to save money.
>>
>>70248925
i died and had to be in hospital
>>
>>70253452
GOAT=Greatest of all time

They gave Russ's board seat to Laurie, giving her effective control of the company

More screentime for her and no screentime for him
>>
>>70254547
same, i got the gist of each story thread, noticed that it wouldn't lead to A) story progression or B)funny shit.

just an episodic mash up of story lines that were used in old friends episodes.
>>
>>70252826
I'm talking about Russ

they gave Russ's board seat to Laurie

Meaning that he'll have no screentime and she'll have way more screentime
>>
>>70254696
he wasn't written off though. THe actor literally died. Hard to keep the character around when the actor that played him is buried 6 feet deep.
>>
>>70254753
The actor who played Russ didn't die you fucking idiot

Peter Gregory died

Not Russ
>>
>>70254792
wait Russ is DEAD?
>>
>>70254733
That's true but he'll probably show up again eventually. It would have gotten boring watching him force Pied Piper to waste money on impractical swag into bankruptcy over and over again. Russ fucked up the company by being ridiculous, Laurie fucked up the company by having no creative vision. At least we got to see something different.

Russ will probably end up seeding a rival company down the road or something.
>>
>>70254876
oh

im getting baited

damn
>>
>>70254657
big head is magical, some thing will happen and big head will become the owner of Hooli and own everything, then become a king and then God.
>>
>>70255013
i hope he ends up running hooli. praise bighead.
>>
>>70248758
>>70250953
>the only thing a woman has to offer a man is sex
>when she cannot threaten to withold sex, she will attempt to threaten the availability of other women

you have no power here, vile creature
>>
>>70255303
wat
>>
>>70254458
>filler
Like a clip show?
>>
>>70255303
you're deluding yourself if you think the show wouldn't happily troll demanding feminists and gamergate tier whiners alike.
that said, i am also relieved the romance subplots got fucking nixed immediately.
>>
>>70255721
kinda a show that serves to fill out the season by doing nothing to progress the plot. Just little stories: "hurr hurr nerds geting laid" "omg Bachman spended the monies", pretty much relying on the jokes to carry the episode to the viewers satisfaction. personally i found it weak and skipped most of it.
>>
>>70255953
Why are you watching a comedy for the plot?
>>
>>70255987
yeah man, one of the main draws of silicon valley is the "drama" of Pied Piper getting up and going, the ups and downs...almost every episode is ended in a clifffhanger. It has a compelling story that is played out with great writing and improv. Shit boy, why you watch? to just see dick counting jokes?
>>
>>70256041
For the lulz. I'm satisfied if it was funny. I'm easy.
>>
>>70255953
>"hurr hurr nerds geting laid"
That wasn't really the joke, though. The jokes were Richard being too anal about his code to the point it messes up his chances with a great girl, Dinesh pretending he's not shallow in any way only to find out that the girl he's "falling for" is just as shallow as he is (with Dinesh thinking a girl is really into him only to find out she's not being a consistent joke), and Jared, the guy with the weirdest hobbies and personality and at some points comes off as being a little gay for Richard, ending up being a real ladies' man. In fact, as the non programmer/engineer of the group, Jared's actually the least traditionally nerdy of them and he's the only one who actually gets laid. I feel like all three of those were handled pretty well.
>"omg Bachman spended the monies"
Yeah this is legit, definitely the weakest plot of the season.
>>
am i the only one who finds gilfoyle and dinesh's 'friendship' difficult to buy at this point? all gilfoyle has done lately is make racist jokes, call dinesh ugly and sell/break his hard drive.

its funny but you'd think it would amount to more than bickering
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 250x233
>>70249014
>being unironically this incorrect
>>
>>70249014
All tabs in your text editor should be set to by default be 4 spaces. Any other way of coding is stupid.
>>
>>70253965
What gave it away?
>>
>>70249014
just use a real god damn IDE
>>
>>70256341
Pakistanis are pussies, and Gilfoyle looks like he carries a knife in case he gets into a fight, or that he would fuck you up
>>
>>70248713
>Mike Judge

Who is Mike Judge?
>>
>>70251565
This so much.
>>
that ending line was pretty fantastic, though
>>
>>70256679

I agree about Gilfoyle/Dinesh. They haven't grown at all. Imagine if this show gets seven seasons, I can't see them doing anything other than bickering about who's the better coder. Also that one joke "I feel like I'm in minority report" "More like just a minority" was distractingly lame.

Richard on the other hand seems to be growing as a character, he's proving to be more of an egomaniac than previously indicated. Jared is also at least subverting expectations by actually being good with women. Erlich is a waste and needs to be removed from the show he makes me embarrassed to recommend it to people.
>>
>Russ was right, this guy fucks.
>>
Pleb-tier garbage for hbo babbies.
>>
>>70252639
The lady there broke character a little bit when he said 'Unless...'
>>
>>70248713
>this guy TABS
>>
>>70256783
Gilfoyle was alot more based in the first two seasons, the character has definitely gone down hill. Never was a fan of Dinesh. Nanjiani is funny don't get me wrong but Starr's ability is wasted on the character now. Go watch Party Down, hes fucking amazing in that
>>
>>70256341
its just banter you weak little girly-man
>>
>>70256783
agree on all these points
the only character who has changed has been Richard as he becomes more like Gavin.
Maybe a bit of positive development for Laurie when she admits she made a mistake in how she handled the company.

all other characters have been whittled down to nothing. it sucks,
>>
>>70256849

this
>>
>>70256341
danish respects gilfoyles coding ability so hes willing to put up with this non sense
>>
>>70258608
Danish is a fag and wants Gilfoyle to deep dick him. Cracked the code.
>>
Did erlich spending 20m so fast feel out of character for anyone else. I mean he was sneaking drinks into a bar at the begininning of the episode. Also hes lived on the money he made from his shit app for what feels like forever
>>
>>70259276
it did but he also didnt spend 20m himself. bighead's house probably cost between 6 - 10m and then he moved the pool multiple times, furnished the house etc. there was probably only around 5 - 7m left but even that is difficult to imagine spending on a party and some helicopter rides.
>>
DUDE I RELATE TO THIS SHOW BECAUSE I USE A COMPUTER LMAO
>>
>>70259487
I got the feeling that Bighead's business advisor put some of the money into another corporate entity that Erlich doesn't know about.
>>
>>70259977

>tfw bighead makes 100m from some investment his manager made
>he keeps failing upwards

ebin
>>
>>70252934
>King of the Hill
>funny
pick one

To be fair I think Judge's best work was Office Space.
>>
>>70259977
has to be something like that
big head is a pointless character if he isn't getting lucky left and right
>>
Erlich and Big Head are pretty weak this season and the off-shoot story is ultimately not very entertaining. I do like Gilfoyle and Dinesh's banter though, that's one of the best parts of the show. Richard is beyond cringe this season, I know he's the main protagonist but it's getting hard to watch. I kinda want to see him less on the show although that makes no sense because the story needs him to progress. They also started to neglect that their competitors have cracked middle-out and they should be in a crunch to get their platform released, but it seems like that part of the story has taken a backseat to the side plotlines.
>>
>>70261522
need more monica-richard scenes desu
>>
Will richard get rid of his stuttering and become an alpha CEO later on
>>
Is Jian Yang the GOAT character of Silicon Valley?

>I never burn trash. But what about garbage?
>motherfucker
>>
File: iLxqJc1.gif (2 MB, 331x248) Image search: [Google]
iLxqJc1.gif
2 MB, 331x248
>>70248925
Mike did it on purpose, I was waiting for a fucking fedora to pop up when they went out.
>>
File: 0cpbtC8.jpg (236 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
0cpbtC8.jpg
236 KB, 1280x720
>tfw no Gilfoyle husbando
>>
File: 200_s.gif (39 KB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
39 KB, 355x200
>>70253452
>What's a GOAT character?
welcome to ChinChan, you'll stay here forever.
>>
>>70263192

I actually hate erlich but his interactions with the chink were hilarious
>>
>>70248713
Reminder that Jared fucked the toppest qt in The Office
>>
>>70264729
Well, he does fuck after all.
>>
>>70248713
I was hoping they wouldn't turn it in a copy of big bang theory when they started introducing girlfriends and relationships
>>
Alloha!
>>
Just came into this thread to remind you that this show is terrible.
>>
>>70254710
you actually watch this show for the story??
>>
File: 3d3cb86.jpg (19 KB, 349x349) Image search: [Google]
3d3cb86.jpg
19 KB, 349x349
>>70266966
nah man he watches it for the sets

>the fuck is this, retard month?!?
>>
>>70267118
watching sv for the story is like watching interstellar for its dialogue
>>
This show really is terrible. Plot and jokes are painfully predictable. And the nerd stuff is just one level above of the big bang theory. All characters are one dimensional. The few jokes they have drag far too long.
>>
>>70267265
>D2F ratios
>do you wrap that chain around your mom's neck while you put it in her butt?

>""""""predictable"""""
>>
>>70258287
>>70256849
Go watch big bang theory
>>
>>70253134
Unless...
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.