[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Without memeing what was wrong with this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: age of ultron.jpg (151 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
age of ultron.jpg
151 KB, 850x850
Without memeing what was wrong with this movie?
>>
>>70247382
Too many plotlines that were forced in and went nowhere. Whole movie was just an ad for phrase 3
>>
Ultron being a memer and barely feeling like a threat mostly
>>
File: .jpg (96 KB, 631x638) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
96 KB, 631x638
>>
>>70247382
Over stuffed with too many things, some of which such as thors bath, hawk eyes family, and the widow/hulk thing felt unessesary and contributed nothing to the main plot that was needed.

Ultron was advertised as some skynet like threatening machine that posed a legitimate threat, but felt non threatening.

The twins didnt have a good enough amount of development.
>>
>>70247382
Used the wrong Quicksilver
>>
>>70247440
This, overstuffed is my biggest complaint. There was so much random shit going on that I stopped concentrating about 2/3rds in and just zoned out for the rest

And this is more on the minor side of complaints but it was too cartoony even by MCU standards. There was 1 scene during the Ultron fight near the end that made it look like live action dragonball Z
>>
ultron shudda been more menacing and less quipping
that it
>>
>>70247419
>>70247436
Both of these are correct
Glad the Russos are taking over
>>
>>70247382

Ultron is literally not a threat. He doesnt have any screen presence. The HulkxBlack Widow shit came out of nowhere and felt extremely forced.

What made it really stupid were the 'funny' quips meant to get a laugh while in the theater, make it cringe as fuck while watching at home, they feel so out of place its just bad. Also they killed Quicksilver when he can fucking outrun bullets.
>>
>>70247626
Imagine if the Russos made this

They'd cut out the unessesary filler and might've actually given witch and silver better roles AND made ultron a threat
>>
>>70247382

Everyone hyped up Loki, but he just wasn't that great a villain.

Even parents and aunts and uncles, who usually don't pay much mind to movies like this, just say 'yeah it was fun, glad the family had a good time'... actually had something to say about it, that they weren't impressed with him.
>>
>>70247382

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0BE7Cf4IqM
>>
>>70247662
>Loki
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVfAMBMjYKU

Literally just go to 1:12

>beep beep
>>
>>70247662

my apologies i only glanced at the thumbnail. anyways you can still consider my comments on the first Avengers movie.
>>
>>70247591
Oh also the quips were too over the top, they allowed 0 tension in the movie because any time things were getting even a little grim it was followed by a delightful eye-rolling quip

Age of Ultron may have been a test by Marvel to see how overboard they could go, see the complaints they get and use the feedback to make all future movies better
>>
File: BasedBrothers.jpg (42 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
BasedBrothers.jpg
42 KB, 640x320
>>70247382
Ultron was fine, the real problem with this movie is that Whedon pretty much ignored all of the phase 2 that came before it, the sense of culmination and continuation that the first one had was lost in this one. That and Bruce/Natasha comes out of nowhere, is terrible and gets more time than actually interesting subplots.
This is what's actually wrong with the movie. Overall it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be, but I'm glad Based Russos are taking over.
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 2184x1152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 2184x1152
>>70247532
SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS
>>
>>70247382
Movies made to set up better things generally are of lesser quality. Look at iron man 2, Thor and Thor 2 (set up avengers and Thor 3 respectively).

This had to set up: civil war and thor 3
>>
>>70247382

it was boring as fuck.
>>
Iron man was too overpowered & Ultron was weak as piss

Ultron was made out of vibranium, he should have been able to rip Iron man & thor apart, instead iron man destroys him & thor just says le funny quip's while Ultron beats his head in

The fuck
>>
Awful interpretation of Ultron. How you get "quippy snarky smoothtalker" from an evil genocidal soulless robot entity I do not know

Really ridiculously bland/stupid CGI action

No stakes

nonsensical character decisions

cringe quip dialogue

Too long.
>>
>>70248100
>iron man destroys him
With the help of the god of thunder and an infinity stone, Tony managed to melt him a little
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>70247382
>Overly silly, way too many quips and one liners from absolutely every character
>Ultron was extremely disappointing and was way too jokey and funny to be a sinister and threatening vilain
>Some pretty fucking retarded Joss Whedon dialogue
>Rehash of the climax from the first avengers movie, but way shittier and more boring
>Way too much focus on Phase 3 lead-up

That being said, I actually liked a couple things in this movie quite a bit:
>Hawkeye is used much more appropriately and is fleshed out really well as a character
>War Machine actually shows up to help the Avengers for once
>Party scene was pretty good

It's a 6/10 movie and one of the weaker entries in the MCU. I was disappointed by it but I didn't think it was terrible.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.