[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uwe Boll was based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: Uwe-boll-finger.jpg (95 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Uwe-boll-finger.jpg
95 KB, 600x300
>Made movies he wanted to make
>Unrestricted by studios
>Did not give two fucks about shit reviews
>Boxed his numale critics
>Also proved his numale critics wrong by making actually good films (Rampage)
>Called out crowdfunding for the absolute broken mess and con that it was

I actually kind of miss this man, and his retarded video game movies.
>ywn see Uwe Boll adapt semi-obscure video games on a shoestring budget and laughable acting ever again
>>
yeah except he backed out of boxing the ones who would actually be a challenge. definition of a coward.
>>
He abused his government's desire for successful movies. There's nothing based about that, he pretty much was responsible for them reconsidering their film benefits
>>
He was a joke. A good one, but a joke nonetheless.
>>
his movies are unwatchable and cost the german government millions refunding investors for the box office losses they incurred
>>
> is regarded by most people on the planet as a sad joke

That's a pretty bad fate
>>
He was outrageous and entertaining and probably most importantly not full of shit. He made ridiculous movies and didn't give a fuck, op's picture sums him up more than words.
>>
>>70242785

>unrestricted by studios
a bad thing in his case, it means no one is there to tell him how shit his movies are
>did not give two fucks about shit reviews
mainly because his films are funded by the german government, he always makes heaps of money
>boxed his numale critics
he never boxed the ones that could actually put up a fight, he always pussied out
>also proved his numale critics wrong by making actually good films
ONE good film, that's it
>Called out crowdfunding for the absolute broken mess and con that it was
only thing I like about him
Uwe Boll isn't based in any sense of the word, he's a horrible film maker
>>
>>70242840
This. He abused loopholes in the german government like The Producers. How he can say crowdfunding is a scam when he was an actual scam artist is laughable.
>>
>>70242840
>>70242885
Not saying he was a virtue of goodness, but his films were hilariously bad and I somewhat miss looking forward to a new trainwreck every year.

Also, his movies came across as honest and I would sooner have more respect for him than JJ Abrams or any other shit Hollywood director who people actually regard as "good".

>inb4 I am Uwe Boll
>>
>>70242785
This is how far /tv/ has fallen.

This board is officially a place where people unironically like the films of Zack Snyder and Uwe Boll. Kill me now.
>>
>>70243201
I like his movies because they're fucking awful, desu
>>
>>70242785
>Made movies he wanted to make

No, you fag, he made movies to abuse a tax loophole.
>>
>>70243308
You're a retarded hipster fucknut.
>>
>>70243024

You're an idiot
>>
RETAHDED VIZARD IN THA FOREST
>>
>>70243024
>movies came across as honest

You have some kind of low budget=honesty confusion. Uwe Boll IS the JJ abrams of low budget shit. He didn't care and never did. He abused tax loopholes to make quick cash. He's no different than any "soulless by the number" big hollywood director. He never gave a fuck about the material or doing anything other ripping people off. He's about as honest as the Asylum.
>>
>>70243024
what do you mean by honest?
>>
Is he dead or something?
>>
>>70242785
Uwe pretty fucking based desu
>>
>>70243201
kys pleb
>>
File: warcraftboll.png (756 KB, 1566x735) Image search: [Google]
warcraftboll.png
756 KB, 1566x735
Daily reminder.
>>
>>70242840
Teach those silly Germans a lesson about being too nice.
>>
>>70243832
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AH HAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>70243832
Kek
>>
>>70243510

This. He's not an artist and didn't actually care about film making. He wanted to make cash. Plain and simple. His butthurt and "boxing" challenges were all to add publicity. Sure he could kick those critics ass, but his movies were still garbage and anyone who defends his films has shit taste. This isn't subjective.
>>
>>70242840
>>70242885
I'd rather have them spending money on Uwe than on Till Schweiger movies tbqh
t. german
>>
His best work was beating the ever loving shit out of shit talking nu-male submissive critics.
>>
Is Christian Weston Chandler based? Are tumblr landwhales based? Being unable to take well deserved criticism isn't the mark of a strong person, and the boxing match thing was little more than a tantrum (which he fled from when he suspected that the opponent wasn't just going to lay down and let him have his tantrum).

Uwe Boll's primary place in the halls of the history of film is "one of the main reasons why videogame movies of his time were a joke". That's a pretty pathetic spot.
>>
lowtax fought him lol
>>
>>70242785
>set back videokino at least a decade
>literally worse than hitler
>>
>>70243024
Rampage 3 coming out soon I think
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.