[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The real loser in BvS is Doomsday. Why did they just shoehorn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: doomsday.jpg (181 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
doomsday.jpg
181 KB, 1200x600
The real loser in BvS is Doomsday.
Why did they just shoehorn him in like that?

It doesn't make any sense why they would literally waste one of Superman's most iconic enemies as an afterthought? He's the guy who single-handedly kills Superman with sheer raw power and might alone.

Instead of having that classic back story. He's just an enhanced Zod Clone. He's not given the screentime he deserves. He looks absolutely pathetic and his fight scene did not do him justice. They really should've saved him and the Death of Superman arc for another movie.

You can be contrarian all you want, but you can't deny this.
>>
>>70241430
Same reason they're wasting Joker on a buddy team up movie

Gotta have conflict
>>
File: 1464124374417.jpg (96 KB, 631x638) Image search: [Google]
1464124374417.jpg
96 KB, 631x638
>>
FUCK OFF BACK TO /co/ YOU FUCKING 12 YEAR OLD
>>
>>70241430
Not muh Doomsday!

>>70241480
Leto's playing Jason Todd
>>
>>70241892

The second-best villain deserves better, anon.
Hopefully Zack doesn't ruin Darkseid too.
>>
>>70241892
OH
WOULD
YOU
FUCK
OFF
WITH
JASON
TODD
JOKER
THEORY!!!

DCEU
ISN'T
BRUCE
TIMM!!
>>
Doomsday is a shit character and is literally the worst part of the film

Doomsday has always been shit and will always be shit

Should have been Bizarro
>>
>>70242056
Doomsday is great, you pleb.
There's a reason why Superman: Doomsday is the best Superman movie to date.

Zack would have probably turned Bizarro into some sort of Evil Edgelord Superman. Please don't give him any ideas.
>>
>>70241892
>Jason Todd
Oh it's that /v/ meme again. He's the joker. Red hood is in the stand alone film confirned.
>>
>>70241430
The problem with Snyder is he knows what is iconic, but not why. Doomsday kills Superman, so instead of giving it years and having that moment where Supes is hitting with all he has, he just makes sure that Superman dies killing Doomsday. It doesn't matter when, why, or how, Snyder just needs to go to point B.
>>
>>70242186
doomsday is a walking plot point and a shitty 90s edgy version of the Hulk.

He's totally awful and is hardly even a "character"

At least Bizarro gets a few laughs and is a tragic monster.
>>
>>70242309
Doomsday exists to "get to point B"
>>
>>70242186
Snydersupes already IS the edgelord.

Bizarro would be like Christopher Reeve's Supes as a """"""""""subtle""""""""" parody.
>>
>>70242409
His existence? Sure. But how it got to that point wasn't. There was actually emotion in that fight, decades of Superman before that. He finally had an enemy he couldn't knock out.
>>
>>70241430
doomsday is a complete shit villain and making him a clone of zod and lex was one of the most creative things in the movie since he's just a rampaging monster anyway and has no character whatsoever
>>
>>70241430
'classic back story'

his backstory is that he was a baby thrown into some retarded evil planet, dies, gets its corpse collected, cloned, and that someone made the baby tougher and tougher until the point where it literally cannot die.

doomsday is a shitty villain with a shitty backstory, created out of desperation for attention by hack writers.
>>
>>70241430
lol doomsday himself is a literal afterthought fight as well use him for pottery
>he's just an enhanced....
like his og story is any better
>>
>incoherent beliggerent rage monster
>"WAAAHH THEY WASTED HIM"

You are a MANCHILD
>>
>character made up by writers to kill superman
>in movie created by villain through use of tech to kill superman

much more direct and honest dezu senpie
>>
>mfw I finally watch BvS
>mfw the title fight is less than five minutes
>mfw they spend more time on lois lane in this movie than batman and superman fighting
>>
File: biz.jpg (219 KB, 1900x900) Image search: [Google]
biz.jpg
219 KB, 1900x900
>>70241430
>>70241430
I completely agree with this. I think if they really wanted another villain for the last act, I think it would have made more sense to squeeze a lesser villain like Bizarro in there. You could have followed the same story line for the most part, AND they could have a shit ton more money by having a MoS sequel that tells the Death of Superman story down the road.

Plus you could have done it AFTER Justice league so you wouldn't have needed to do the bullshit with him all of a sudden coming back to life at the end. I didn't think BvS was THAT bad. It was entertaining. The effects looked amazing on the big screen. I loved everything but the actual story. I just felt like they concentrated so hard on making everything look cool, that they forgot they still needed a good story to go with it.

I LOVE Snyders ability to take pictures we have all seen in the comics and show us what they would look like IRL. But he is not as great a story teller. I would like him a lot more if he just stuck to the visuals and let someone else tell us the story for these DC movies. I don't even mean that as a slight. Just keepin it real.
>>
>Doomsday was born in prehistoric times on Krypton, long before the humanoid Kryptonian race gained dominance over the planet about 250,000 years ago. It was a violent, hellish world where only the absolute strongest of creatures could survive.[3][4] In a cruel experiment involving evolution, intended to create the perfect living being, the alien scientist Bertron released a humanoid infant (born in vitro in a lab) onto the surface of the planet, where he was promptly killed by the harsh environment. The baby's remains were collected and used to clone a stronger version. This process was repeated over and over for decades as a form of accelerated natural evolution. The agony of these repeated deaths was recorded in his genes, driving the creature to hate all life

Doomsday is a stupid pointless villain, it was fine to give him this throwaway role.

Also, I like how this version of Doomsday means that Zod did succeed in his mission of killing Superman

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3xvr_ojJWE
>>
File: mickey.jpg (195 KB, 680x872) Image search: [Google]
mickey.jpg
195 KB, 680x872
>>70242048
do you really believe he isn't jason todd?
>>
>Doomsday
>anything but a asspull to stir up interest

He's a noncharacter whose only purpose was to beat up superman
>>
>>70245772
This
You can't ruin something that was shit in the first place.
If anything the only thing that was ruined was the chance to actually do something interesting with the character/arc
>>
>>70241892
>>70242048
>>70242199
>>70245599
I'd rather see Red Hood in a standalone film or something, played by Jensen Ackles. He voiced him well in the animated movie tbqh senpai
>>
>>70242753

No. Making him a clone of Zod made it so that he had a weakness and that he could be dealt with in under five minutes.

>>70242850

It is the most interesting backstory to any Superman villain. He's the ultimate monster, an unstoppable force.
>>
>>70241430
Snyder has hinted that Doomsday isn't over with yet. He will come back and evolve anymore.

That's how he works.

It would have been retarded if they made him into the final form and just killed him off completely in this movie with only a few minutes of screen time.

Use your god damn brain.
>>
>>70241480
The Joker was already wasted when Heath Ledger died.
>>
>>70249769
>It would have been retarded if they made him into the final form and just killed him off completely in this movie with only a few minutes of screen time
snyder is retarded

I dont give a fuck about Doomsdays but it was really shitty of Snyder to tell the fans that the cave troll wasnt his final form that it will look like the comic version by the end of the fight, it didnt look like it, it looked like a cave troll or that villain from the secon Hulk movie
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.