[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /tv/'s opinion on Supernatural?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: p11905004_b_v8_aa.jpg (301 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p11905004_b_v8_aa.jpg
301 KB, 960x1440
What's /tv/'s opinion on Supernatural?
>>
>>70231161
first five seasons are great.
Everything after is trash.
>>
>>70232109
Thread. Drops off a bit then picks back up but never reaches s1-s5 level
>>
HOLYSHITTHISISSTILLONTHEAIR.jpg
>>
>>70232109
s1 has a lot of trash while it finds its footing though. the show gradually becomes more self-aware as they figure out the brothers' strengths and chemistry, the show is always better when it's serialized and a lot of the motw's are pure strain shit.
>>
it's one of my favorite shows of all time. it's very flawed, but it's still something i can watch reruns of. i don't think i can get bored of it. the overall story - two brothers on a journey together fighting demons, ghosts, monsters -- with heaven and hell fighting over them -- is timeless.
>>
>>70232109
Yeah, pretty much.

There's one off episodes that are good, The Man Who Would Be King is amazing, but it climaxed at 5 and didn't really know what to do with itself after that.
>>
It's pretty good. Don't fall for the "everything after season 5 is shit" meme. Six was weak I'll admit, 7 seems to be make or break for a lot of people. 7 had virtually no Castiel so that's probably the reason people don't like it but the villains were refreshing. 8 and 9 were good. 10 was alright, had some crap episodes but every season does. 11 has been surprisingly good and ended strong. "Baby" was an episode from 11 and is one of the best episodes in the series.
>>
>>70234282
>Baby
Yeah that episode was fantastic.
>>
>>70234282
It's not that absolutely everything after 5 has been bad, but the good-to-bad episode ratio is definitely down.
>>
>tfw no angel girl

Hannah was too cute for this world.
>>
>>70231161
Dropped it after the episode with the truck in season 1 and i really cant imagine how this type of show can have 11 seasons.
>>
Christ is there really 11 seasons already?
>>
>>70236930
>was first broadcast on September 13, 2005,
>>
Been marathoning it for a while now, and I like it. I'm on season 9 right now, and while the quality does drop off at times in later seasons, it remains comfy.

>>70234282
I actually really liked season 7. 7 had a really strong antagonist in Dick Roman and the leviathans, which I think are what seasons 6 and 8 lacked.
>>
File: 1462792127432.jpg (66 KB, 441x464) Image search: [Google]
1462792127432.jpg
66 KB, 441x464
>>70237035
>>
>>70236122
Hannah was good, but I have to say that the Asian angel killed by Amara was really easy on the eyes.
>>
>Sam spends 70 years in the time loop where Dean dies every day
>Wasn't traumatized one bit aftereard
This shit right here nearly killed the show for me.
>>
>>70237811
Yeah I remember that episode too.

It's just one those "wacky" episodes that's not really important. Like when they travel to the "real world" where Supernatural is just a TV show. I generally I treat them like "beach" episodes in anime.

I'm more nagged by the fact that they're okay with Adam still being trapped in Hell.
>>
>>70231161
Season 2 felt the most complete and wholesome.
>>
They should've went on and decided to seal hell away, instead of having some "NO YOU CAN"T DO THIS SAM, YOU"ll DIE' moment, when they knew that was the end game. Dean should've also gone on his space adventure.
>>
It went to shit on couple seasons, got better again.
Im watching it when I have nothing else to do weekly and I'm enjoying it.

Tbh this spring it was one of the better shows running, almost everything else was complete trash.
>>
>>70234282
I watched it weekly from season 3 (kek actually rewatching 5 now). Cas is good but The reason it sucks after 5 is that's all there was supposed to be. End at five but then got drawn on for fan service. Got to the end of eight and I was donezo.
That being said, season 1-5 is actually fantastic and is probably the best series of it's type.
The more I think about it, this show had alot against it. Teen girl fan base, bible themes, CW production and season 3 aired during the writers strike (which killed alot of promising shows like house, Heroes and Pushing Daises imo). It shouldn't be as great as it is.
>>
They killed the story. I understand that Tumblr eats the gay subtext shit up, and they "jokingly" point "fun" at the fact that "hehe we have crazy fangirls we don't actually like it though lol!" all the time, but they really stretched out their assholes just trying to keep Cas around. I don't understand what the fuck they're doing with him.

It would honestly be better if heaven went back to being hunkey dorey and this gay angel shit was over and Cas was just some bro helping them out, but I dunno. I've even seen the most recent seasons, but I just cannot for the life of me even remember where the story is. Like yeah mark of cain and whatever but whatever Cas has been up to has just gone in and out.

Monster of the week episodes are all that is saving this show for me right now. They've still got it in that regards, so obviously they have some people there who know how to write shit. Maybe it just feels like they've been writing themselves into a corner trying to continue the 'main' storyline and keeping all the cast together?

I dunno man. Just miss the atmosphere of the first half of this show.
>>
Are there any shows like supernatural that are watchable?
Monster hunting and stuff?
>>
>>70241226
Constantine may be the closest. But yeah... John kills everything he's in
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.