[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes Steven Spielberg and Stanley Kubrick stand out from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Sorry if this is obvious, I don't watch many movies and I am completely ignorant to the history and innovations of film making. Whenever I hear about people who are masterful in their fields I always see Spielberg and Kubrick (Along with Hitchcock) mentioned. What made them so special?
>>
>>70229636
They actually take their time crafting their movies and have the balls to fight their studios for the extra time and money.
>>
>>70229636
Spielberg doesn't stand out anymore, because every director has been copying his style for the past 30 years.
>>
Satanism
>>
>>70229636
They do whatever is needed to put their vision on screen, they're not afraid of taking risks and moving the industry forward. On top of that, they actually deliver and get the job done, not a huge fan of Kubrick for example, but he pushed some greats tools in the industry like the steadicam for example (The Shining), but also improved low-light shooting (lenses for Barry Lyndon) among other things.
>>
>>70229636

Kubrick can shoot the same scene 50 times until he's happy with it. he was literally autistic
>>
>>70229636
theyre jewish.
>>
Speilberg is a talentless hack who coasts of schmaltz. Kubrick is great. The only reason either had careers is because they're Jewish. You can't really work in Hollywood as a director unless you're at least half Jewish.
>>
>>70229918
While Spielberg doesn't stand out as much as Kubrick, he's still in a class of his own. Nothing he directly inspired was ever as good as his own work.
>>
>>70229636
Not a big fan of either but:
Spielberg pretty much created and perfected the formula for modern blockbusters, and created/directed many famous ones (Indiana Jones, Jaws, E.T., etc.). People now copy him but he's still the best at making those flicks pretty much everybody likes.
Kubrick's films look great and he pushed some technical innovations. To be fair, he didn't create everything himself, he had a technical crew, but he was the guy who said: "ok, I want this for my film so do whatever you need to make it happen" (lenses for Barry Lyndon, a lot of stuff in 2001). His stories are not bad either and he has directed several well-received films, that's why he's so famous.

tbqh they're not the only ones that are "masterful" but they're the most popular ones (along with Hitchcock) and usually the first directors people watch, that's why everybody and their grandma will namedrop them.
>>
>What makes Steven Spielberg stand out from other directors?
He is average
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.